Infant car seat question - Graco versus Chicco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Infant car seat question - Graco versus Chicco

Hi All,

For those of you with infant car seats - the graco snugride 35 or the chicco keyfit 30 - I was wondering what you think of them?  I'm trying to decide between these two.  The chicco is a little more expensive ($20-30 more) but it's also a bit lighter (1-1.5 lbs), is definitely easier to get into the base (tried them out in the stores this week), and it has more shock padding on the sides (or something like that).  However since I'm getting the snap n go, the graco snugride 35 actually snaps into that whereas the chicco you have to strap it in (doesn't snap like the other).  Those of you with the chicco and the snap n go, do you find that an issue or is it still just as secure? 

any other thoughts about these two?

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Re: Infant car seat question - Graco versus Chicco

There have been lots of discussions about the two seats.

I went with the Chicco keyfit. If I could do it over again I would go with the graco (not the 35-too big and bulky and you'll never use it to 35 lbs), the travel systems are easier for storage and if you have a second you'll have more options with the graco-even beyond the graco brand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I have the Chicco travel system (the smaller size seat that fits up to 22 lbs) and I really like it.  The only issue I have is that now that we are having a 2nd baby and need a double stroller the Chicco seat fits in only 2 (that I have found so far) strollers.  I did not have or ever use a Snap and Go so I can't help out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Thank you.  I'll try to look back at some of the older posts to see if i can find this topic.  I was originally thinking definitely the graco snugride 35 as I wanted the BOB stroller and only 3 carseats fit into it.. but now that I think i'm going with the baby jogger summit 360 you don't need a carseat adaptor.. and even if i got it, both would fit it.. so now i'm starting to lean toward the chicco..  however the snap n go is the differentiating factor but I definitely want one of these, lightweight, easy fold, not expensive.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

I had the Chicco, and I liked it, but there are some infant seats, not sure which, that have an offset handle. Instead of the continuous arc of the Chicco, they make a little jog so you can hold the carrier in a more natural (at least to me it seems) position. If I had it to do over, I might go with one like that. Just something to consider.
    And as an aside, why doesn't BRU or the other big carseat selling stores keep a 10 lb weighted doll to stick in the carseats so people can see how carrying the seat really feels. An empty seat of any brand is relatively easy to carry, but once you put the baby in it, whole other story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Jan2010 - make sure the 35 fits in your car... we got the smallest Graco (22) and with it in the car, DH or I can barely fit in the passenger seat because you can't push the seat back very far.  Of course, it's currently only installed in my Honda Civic... I'm sure it will be roomier in my DH's CRV.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

good point Poppy!  my husband has a honda too - I hadn't thought of that.  i have an acura, def bigger, and we'll end up changing his car in at some point next year.. although hopefully not till mid year and by then the baby will probably be out of it and in a convertible seat.  we use my car though when we travel together so maybe the passenger seat won't be a problem...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

i second thinking about whether you really want the Graco 35.  i am not sure you'll want to lug a baby that heavy around in that thing anyway, so maybe go with the standard (graco 22 or something?).  we went with the basic graco basically due to the suggestion in baby bargains - i don't have personal experience yet!  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from evavase. Show evavase's posts

Hey Jan.. ;)

I have the snug 35...it's a monster of a car seat, and although it does snap into my snap n go if I were to do it again I'd get a smaller seat.  It's super heavy, and the peanut isn't even 8 lbs yet.  It fits good in the accord, but in DHs car, I am eating the dashboard on the passenger side when car seat is in.  My vote is either smaller snugride or chicco!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jettagirl78. Show jettagirl78's posts

I had the graco travel system that went up to 22lbs. I am not in love with the stroller but the car seat with the snap and go was the best. My only tip is to keep in mind there is also a height restriction on the car seats...my little one was 20lbs but over in height so we had to switch to a convertible seat at 6 months old. And even at 20lbs I was ready to make the switch! Good luck!

Sections
Shortcuts