January Infants and Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Re: January Infants and Toddlers

CLC, congrats!!!  IPW, thinking of you.  I cried and cried after dropping off DS for the first time.  Arcain, my DD was also impatient for food around that age.  I remember one time I was cooking her a quesadilla and she was literally hanging off my leg, crying "want 'dilla, want 'dilla!"  I was like, "DD, what is mommy doing right now."  (pause)  She says, "making 'dilla".  I say, "right, so it's coming."  But she went right back to hanging and crying!

CLC, thanks for the teething thoughts.  They are all still bulging out, not cut through, but for some reason he had a great day yesterday and slept great last night.  Who knows??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

IPW, hope you're hanging in there!  It somehow made it easier for me to send DS, knowing that DD was in the next room at the center, and that I already knew and trusted the infant provider, but it still wasn't easy.  They were good about letting DD go in and visit her brother too, which was nice for both of them.  

DS is now 16 mos, and DD is 3...it's so fun watching them together, and now seeing DS start to really play with things (pushing cars, stacking, moving things in and out of bags/boxes) and focus his attention.  He has also started to push back if DD tries to take a toy from him and to show frustration if we don't give him something (worst is that he knows where we keep the bananas, and he is addicted.  Will go to that section of the kitchen, point up and say "na-na" over and over until we react.  I think the kid would eat 3 or 4 bananas a day if we'd let him (but we don't)).  

It's weird being almost out of the true baby phase.  He wants to walk more than be carried, which is the beginning of the end.  I miss the snuggly sweet infant time.  We're still on the fence about even thinking about #3 (I want to, DH doesn't even want to discuss it right now), but it's sad to me to think this could be the end of my baby time.  

Hope everyone is staying warm!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Oh IPW that sounds awful.  I feel for you.  Hope your week improves.

I'm having a hard time with DS (19 months) being back at daycare yesterday and today after being off for 2 weeks.  He was home with DH for the break and it was so nice to get multiple reports on how their day was going.  I've checked in with our daycare provider both days just to see how he's doing now that he's back at daycare... I dont want to be too much of a pain but pictures please ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congrats CLC!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Happy New Year everyone.  Hope everyone's holidays were good.  Christmas for us was amazing - it just keeps getting better every year.  Experiencing my 3 year old DD's reactions on Christmas morning almost brought me to tears.  So great to see the "magic" through her eyes.

Congrats CLC!  Definitely tougher being pg when you already have to be a momma to your older one.  Try to take care of yourself.  I don't know what I would have done without my DH as I was feeling awful from 7-12 weeks with DD2.  Thank goodness he was able to take over with DD1.

IPW - I feel for you.  It is heartbreaking and even though we all go through it - handing over your little one to go to daycare is rough.  There is something so deep and maternal in that feeling that you just want to be there because they are so little and they need their mommas! 

med - sorry for all the teething troubles.  When it seems like everything else settles down - teething comes along and throws everything into a tizzy!

As for me - we are good.  DD1 is 3.5 and DD2 is 7 months.  It is a great age for both of them.  DD2 decided that she wasn't going to sleep through the night anymore, but we are trying to work through it.  Both girls love each other so much, it is nice to see their little relationship taking shape, even at this young age.  DD2 just beams at DD1 - everything she does is amazing in her eyes and DD1 can get DD2 to laugh at anything.  DD1 loves her little sister so much it melts my heart.  The other night we were attempting a little bit of crying-it-out with DD2.  We cranked DD1's noise machine and closed her bedroom door, but DD2's crying still woke her up.  She was so worried that something was wrong with her baby sister and insisted on going to see her and give her a kiss and tell her it was all okay.  So sweet, even at 1:00am!

Have a great weekend everybody.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

That's so sweet, ALS, about your DDs.  We get an extra half hour of lying in bed time on the weekends now because when the 18 month old wakes up and starts talking to herself, big sister (4.5) goes in and performs a puppet show and talks to her for about a half hour.  I wake up because I hear them but I just let it continue without getting out of bed for a while.  Last weekend I got up and changed DD2s diaper and got them each a cup of milk and then they play on the floor of our bedroom with some dolls and DH and I just snuggled in bed.  The girls didn't seem to need us at all.  It was absolutely wonderful.  Then, of course, they started wrestling and screaming but it was fun while it lasted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

IPW-dropping DD off was harder in some ways than DS. DS had that "unknown" aspect "will he be okay, blah blah blah." But with DD, I knew she was my last baby, so I mourned the end of my maternity leave, I mourn the end of each stage of her development since I know it will be the last baby days. It does get easier int eh sense you know how much fun they will be soon enough.

clc-congrats and good luck. My ob for DD said 2nd pregnancies are harder than the first in the beginning because you don't have time to rest on the couch. I saw you  poast in the TTC board and I hope everything is okay!

ALS & Lissa it is the best feeling to see your two kids love eachother that much. DD and DS are like that, when DD cries DS he ran to her rescue. When DS was getting a time out DD was known as a baby to start screaming to distract us from giving him a time out! Now at 5 and 2 DS comments how nice it is when DD isn't crying (and she doesn't cry  much) but it's funny to see his view change a bit. Lately DS has been asking for us to have another baby-but I remind him about the crying and he immediately responds "yeah, you're right, we're all set!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks for all of the well wishes, unfortunately I miscarried over the weekend.  Luckily my levels are already close to zero so at least I won't require any meds or procedures.  So thankful for my DS and hopefully we can be able to give him a brother or sister in the not too distant future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

CLC, I'm so sorry for your loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

CLC - I'm so sorry to hear that.  I suffered a miscarriage between my two daughters as well and I know it is so hard.  We're here for you for support if you need it.  Take care of yourself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

CLC - I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

So sorry for your loss, Clc :-(.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

CLC, I'm really sorry to hear that.  I hope you are doing okay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

So sorry, CLC.  I've been through a miscarriage, too...it's a loss on every level, but definitely gives you good cause to hug DS extra tight!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks everyone.  It's amazing how many of us have been through this.  I received a wonderful message from a girl in my playgroup yesterday that has had 2 miscarriages and it's really helped.  Here's what she said ...

"If you believe in heaven, then I'm sure your baby is there. And even though you never got to meet or hold him or her, your relatives that are already there will do that for you!"

For now I'm trying to focus on those words and together DH and I can begin to heal.  Thanks again for all of your kind words.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

CLC, so sorry.  So many of us have had miscarriages, and they are so hard regardless of when they happen, and whether for your first, second, or fifth baby.  Good luck once you are ready to try again.

Thanks all for the well wishes for our first day of daycare. I was able to stop in later that same day (last Wed) as I had a doctor's appt nearby.  He was sound asleep and the room was nice and calm.  So I felt better.  And drop off Thursday went much better also since I knew what to expect (and DS1 had told me how he went to visit the day before too, which I just loved!).  Today DS2 is with my MIL, and that drop off was a piece of cake since she watched my first for his entire first year.  It actually was really nice... her mom passed away last week.. so she was so excited to get to spend time with DS2.  I'm really glad we have found a way to include her in his care (although the 1 hour commute dropping them off two separate places wasn't fabulous... but not the end of the world for only two days a week).  One thing about his two days at daycare last week... he slept amazing the two nights.  Went right to sleep around 9pm and woke up 5 hours later, and then 3 hours later after he ate.  What a treat!!  He's all over the place still with his nighttime wakings/eating - but often its 2-3 times a night, which is painful in an 8 hour window.  Last night he really struggled to get to sleep, but was down by 10pm and went two 3.5 hour stretches.  Luckily I went to bed immediately so I feel (somewhat) rested.  He's just 8 weeks, so I know its short lived, and I'm just going to continue on his schedule for a while.  He's ridiculously huge though... he's in 6-month clothes already.  So I have no doubt he probably won't need those night feedings for too long (whether he thinks he does... that's another story!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Has anyone heard about Isis Parenting closing? I never used it as a resource but I remember reading lots of recommendations for it here. Apparently it's closing immediately. That really stinks for anyone who was in their classes or planning to go there for whatever reason. I wonder what happened.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

IPW - I'm glad the daycare thing is working out better now. Sorry to hear about DH's grandmother. Babies have a way of making everything better!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

clc, so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your DH are doing okay.

IPW, sorry about your GMIL, but I'm glad that daycare has been a success! It must be so tough to be back at work already. DD is 11 weeks and thinking back to when she was 7.5...you're obviously a super hero. 

Summer, I got an email about Isis. We did our childbirth class there and it was really good. It's too bad they're closing, and so suddenly. There must be a story there. 

On the rash front, we went into the pedi because not only was it awful in the diaper area, but she was getting red lesion-like patches under her chin, upper torso, and armpits. Pedi said there were probably multiple things going on and gave us an ointment and some oral antibiotics. There's been a significant improvement in her upper body and the diaper area is getting better finally. I'm so relieved because nothing worked! It should be gone by the time we finish the antibiotic regimen. 

I've been struggling with some body image issues lately. My goal is just to fit into my normal pants again. How long did it take everyone to get back to where you wanted to be? Someone needs to take my scale away because I can feel myself getting too obsessive. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

WPP-I'm still not back to pre-DS (5), but back to pre-DD-I was back to that about a month after giving birth-but still not back to pre-DS! It's tough emotionally. But I try to think about it that my body did amazing things to bring these children into the world, trying to be kinder to myself about my body is necessary. So much pressure for everything to be perfect. As for pants, even though I was back to pre-dd weight quickly pants were never the same. I needed to get new ones. My cousin warned me that would happen.

clc-so sorry about your loss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to WhirledPeasPlease's comment:
    [QUOTE]

clc, so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your DH are doing okay.

IPW, sorry about your GMIL, but I'm glad that daycare has been a success! It must be so tough to be back at work already. DD is 11 weeks and thinking back to when she was 7.5...you're obviously a super hero. 

Summer, I got an email about Isis. We did our childbirth class there and it was really good. It's too bad they're closing, and so suddenly. There must be a story there. 

On the rash front, we went into the pedi because not only was it awful in the diaper area, but she was getting red lesion-like patches under her chin, upper torso, and armpits. Pedi said there were probably multiple things going on and gave us an ointment and some oral antibiotics. There's been a significant improvement in her upper body and the diaper area is getting better finally. I'm so relieved because nothing worked! It should be gone by the time we finish the antibiotic regimen. 

I've been struggling with some body image issues lately. My goal is just to fit into my normal pants again. How long did it take everyone to get back to where you wanted to be? Someone needs to take my scale away because I can feel myself getting too obsessive. 

[/QUOTE]

WPP, My DD is 18mo and I'm still not where I want to be. I lost all but 5-8lbs of baby weight within a few weeks of having her, but then I gained 10+ on top of that in her first year. It turns out I was also depressed, and in the past 8-9 months have been treating that with meds, totally revamping my diet, and working out with a trainer (shout out to Get in Shape for Women- a GREAT, GREAT place!!). It's been 5 months since I joined the gym, and have only lost 6-7lbs, but have gained 10lb of muscle and lost 4.5% body fat. Totally rings true that for most women, our bodies totally change after childbirth and it CAN (not always) be harder to lose weight. I've even had my thyroid tested and it's fine...sooo..long story short, it might be a long haul, but you've got to give yourself some slack. It took 9+ months to gain the baby weight, so it could take that long to get it off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

CLC - I'm sorry for your loss.

WPP - Even if you get back to pre-pregnancy weight, you might not be the same shape you were. I had to buy all new bras, after DD, because I went up in band size, even though once I finished breastfeeding, my cup size went back to what it was before. I was back in my regular pants after about 5-6 months with both DD and DS, but since I am still nursing DS, I am wearing nursing/maternity tops or some of my larger "normal" shirts. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

CLC, I'm so sorry for your loss.

As for the getting the body back, with my first I lost the weight (60 lbs!) within the schedule I'd given myself.  I lost about 30 just giving brith and within the first two weeks, and by her first birthday I'd lost 50 and by summer (DD was a March baby) I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight.  The only thing was, my body was totally different.  After weaning her, my breasts seem smaller and aredefinitely different-feeling (squishier, not firm) than they were pre-pregnancy.  I still fill my original cup size but I have to basically shovel them into the cup.  I feel like even though I got back to my original weight I was still bigger than I used to be--it was like I"d lost muscle and gained backfat or something. 

With my second, I didn't gain as much (50) but I haven't really lost it all yet (10-15 pounds to go) and she's 18 months old.  With my oldest I only had her and I'd put her in the stroller and work out.  With having a 3.5 year old along my exercising with the stroller hasn't been the same.  I can definitely declare that even if I do lose all the weight, I'm sure my pants will still not fit the same. I might get to a point where I can button them, but they don't look the same.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Is it weird that I didn't realize your body shape changes after pregnancy? That actually makes me feel better because I thought there was just something strange with me. Summer, I was in the same place with losing all but 5-8 lbs and was frustrated about still being so far from fitting into my pants. There's so much of the "new normal" that I'm adapting to!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

I'm only a few pounds away from my pre-DS weight, but nowhere near fitting into my pre-DS pants. It's a shame because my favorite work pants got discontinued, so I'm still holding out hope that I can get back into them. I have one pair of pre-DS jeans that I can kind of fit into when my fat jeans are dirty. I can't wait for the weather to improve and the days to get longer so I can actually go out for some exercise!

Sections
Shortcuts