Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Jogger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Jogger

Hi all - ignore the same post under pregnancy!

Wondering if anyone put their baby in the jogger - without the infant seat - earlier than the recommended 6 months?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Re: Jogger

I didn't have a jogger stroller (I'm a walker, not a runner haha) so this wasn't much of an issue for us but I DID put my DD in a carriage at the supermarket way before the recommended age.  She sat up independently at 4.5 months so it was about then I started putting her in the carriage instead of lugging the car seat in and propping it precariously on top of the grocery cart.  I think the 6 months thing for strollers is because most kids can hold their necks well by then so it's safe to put them upright in a stroller, as opposed to being totally flat.  I figured if my daughter could sit up straight on her own without trouble she could handle it.  I imagine it's the same for your 5 month old.
    In Response to Jogger:
    Hi all - ignore the same post under pregnancy! Wondering if anyone put their baby in the jogger - without the infant seat - earlier than the recommended 6 months?
    Posted by SilverFestiva

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

I didn't, but my friend did with a snuzzler under the baby's head.  The baby had really solid head control though.  I think she was 3 months old. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I was wondering about this myself.  I put DD in our jogger to go for a walk the other day and there just seemed to be too much empty space around her.  I think I will try some kind of snuzzler type thing, even though she has excellent neck control.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

we started at 5 months (actually maybe a week before) but our guy was big and he was pretty much sitting up on his own by then... plus our jogger has a full recline if we wanted to put him all the way down.. at 5 months he was almost 20 lbs.  he's now almost 7 months and just over 22 lbs..  he's tall too, 99% at his 6 month appt.  I think it depends on the baby. 

Sections
Shortcuts