Jogging Strollers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Jogging Strollers

Just went to a park (today, in fact) with a friend who had her baby in a B.O.B. (Or Bob).  It's awesome!  She loves it and recommended it to us and I'm not even pg yet.  It easily navigated over rough terrain with a smooth, shock-absorber ride, and she folded it up easily and tossed it into the back of their SUV.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

If you are a runner I would recommend a BOB or a Phil and Ted's.  I personally have a Baby Trend one but I use it for the off road ability.  We have horrible sidewalks in Worcester.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

I got a Bob on craigslist and love it.  I would recommend getting a model with a swivel front wheel (option to lock it) if you want to use it for walks, errands, etc.  alot of the cheaper craigslist ads I saw had a fixed front wheel. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Definitely get the swivel wheel BOB (Bob Revolution).  It is awesome!!!!!!
    I LOVED my bob for winter walks - we got the carseat adapter - so I could bundle up the baby and use it to get over ice/snow on the warmer days.  It saved my post-partum sanity. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

PS - meant to add that my walking buddy has a Zooper Boogie.  I think it may be carseat-adaptable too and front wheel swivels for walking/locks for running.  I'm pretty impressed with that one too - GREAT storage basket (my one complaint is BOBs is hard to access).  I think the bob is a hair more rugged with slightly better suspension (and probably preferred by serious runners), but you may find a better deal on a Zooper Boogie online than a BOB revolution - I also believe the base model comes with lots of extras to begin with on that line. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

I vote for the BOB Ironman if you're a serious runner.  It has a fixed front wheel unlike the revolution, but has bigger slick tires and is perfect for real running.  A lot of people have been happy with the revolution, but I am not a fan of the smaller knobbier tires and I really like the handbrake on the Ironman.  I have put quite a few miles on my Ironman and wouldn't trade it for the world.  They are more pricey but you hopefully can find a decent deal on Craigslist.  The Phil and Teds I don't believe are actually recommended for running.

Also one thing to note about the BOBs and any running stroller in general.  There are various warnings/restrictions on running with infants based on the model.  The BOB has the option whereby you can purchase a car seat adapter and the infant car seat will just snap right in so you avoid all the waiting periods of other strollers.  However, there are only a handful of car seats that fit with the adapter.  You can check out the BOB website for the specific models.  

Let me know if you have any other questions.  I love my BOB and run often with it.  I'm planning on getting a duallie Ironman when #2 comes along.  

Also they hold their resale value well and you could always buy it new and sell it on CL later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I have a phil and teds.  It is great over all terrain and handles very well.  My only complaint is that is soooo heavy.  I only take it out of the house when we go to places with rough terrain or meet friends for walks.    I umbrellas stroller stays in the car for everyday use.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

I've also been trolling CL for a used BOB and they're a hot item!  They get snapped up and sold right away!

Something else to consider, REI and LL bean sell the BOB revolution and right now REI has them for 15% off.  LL bean had them for 20% off about 4 weeks ago.  If you can wait for a sale and get 20% off that brings the retail price to $311.20 (at least in my area the going rate for a used revolution is anywhere from $300 to $325) and then you'll just have to purchase the accessories seperately.  I would say to buy the accessories on CL but typically everything is sold as a package deal. Ugh.

Of course the ideal scenario would be to find a used one with your desired accessories for a steal on CL. :)

I use this blog to track diaper and equiptment deals.  This lady is REALLY good and ontop of her stuff. This is where I saw the LL Bean and REI sales....

http://babycheapskate.com/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

I think that you can actually get the Ironman through REI too.  If you sign up as a member and wait for club day, you can always get 20% off then.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

I have a Bob SUV that I bought from CL, and while I love it, I wouldn't do serious running with it... it's heavy and has knobby tires, but it's awesome for off-roading (trails) and the unpaved roads where we live. 

I had an Instep, that we basically wore out - also fixed wheel, which is definitely a lot better if you're going to be actually running... which I thought I would, but in reality didn't.  We also bought it used ($25!) and only wore it out because we took it on trails and so on... I think it would have been fine (and very reasonable cost new) if it was just used for running.

That said, everyone I know who has a Bob revolution LOVES it, it's just a matter of understanding what you want to use it for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

FYI, this site in CT deals BOBs.  www.babycatalog.com. I got mine off of there during a BOB sale and it was like 25% off.  Plus it is always free shipping on items over $100 and no sales tax outside of CT. Keep your eye on the site, they do run BOB sales every so often.  Also, anyone in the market for a Britax, those go on sale here too.  I was actually a Baby Catalog "member" (someone had bought me a membership as my fam is in CT.  Military families can qualify for a free membership, though.)  This allowed me an additional 15% off on most items and if I set up an online registry, anyone who bought off that registry saved the 15% too.  I got the BOB, an Uppa umbrella on clearance, our Britax Roundabout, and a few other items at a huge discount this way. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

Total coicidence but BabyCheapskate just listed an LL Bean deal on the BOB revolution....

http://www.babycheapskate.com/2010/05/21/an-even-better-deal-on-bob-20-off/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

I'm with all the others who have recommended the B.O.B!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!   Someone else mentioned it was great for winter walks -- went right through the ice and snow (little piles of course) like they were nothing.   We also had the car seat adapter but now she's graduated from that.   Ours has the stationary wheel in front, which they recommend for jogging longer distances (I think it may have said more than 3 miles).  Even if you get a swivel wheel they recommend you lock it when running anyway.   I doubted my choice at first but not now, the stationary wheel doesn't bother me in the least.   :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

OK, BOB sounds like the way to go!  I won't be looking to use this until the spring, when the bub is about five- to six- months old, which I think is OK with the recommended use of a jogging stroller with babies. 

I really appreciate the input!  I'm excited to have some info ... I'm eyeing a half-marathon next May as my reentry into serious running, so this will be a big help. 

Thanks, ladies!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonhime. Show bostonhime's posts

We bought the Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System from Babies R Us. We heard great things about BOB too but didn't want to spend so much on a stroller. You may want to though if you plan on jogging with it. I'm not going to jog with my baby in the stroller - but wanted a sturdy stroller with real wheels (not plastic). The ELX has a swivel wheel in the front as well that can lock straight. It's really smooth.
    It's super easy to fold up. I've heard from others that it's a little big and hard to fit into your car if you have a compact, but I have a minivan so the size is not an issue for me.
    We paid about $150 so it was a great price (stroller, car seat, and base).

Sections
Shortcuts