Just for fun: Most random song?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Just for fun: Most random song?

Things are pretty slow on Infants & Toddlers and I'm bored so...

What is the most random song that you sing to your LO(s)?

For me it is Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.  It's slow and I know all the words, so why not!

When she was a newborn, I was always saying things like, You like ___, dontcha?  Which turned into me singing the Pussycat Doll's Don't Cha.  Don't judge me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Re: Just for fun: Most random song?

ok, can't believe I am posting this but when DD #1 had a lot of problems burping we would do the "milkshake" technique.  Then we would sing "my milkshake makes my milk go down it's better, it's better than yours..."  I don't know if you remember that awful song "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard".

Oh Fram, why did you make me post that??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

DS#1 loved Moo, Baa, La La, La. The title reminded me of the hook from Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance". So, I'd often sing the title to that tune, and then keep going with parts of the song. Embarassed

ETA: Might as well go for the embarassment jackpot. When DS#1 was born, Miley's "Party in the USA" was everywhere on the radio. His nickname was Peanut, so I'd sing him "Peanut in the USA". OMG. Embarassed Embarassed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Sung to the tune of "Loverly" from My Fair Lady....

All I want is a burp somewhere
    From a twin in a bouncy chair
    Which one...oh I don't care
    A burp would be so loverly

:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

Not much ad-lib singing here, but Dad would get Son into the car seat without a struggle by promising to play "Iron Man" while they were driving.

And I will admit to being able to do a really good pig snort for Old MacDonald.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

I would sing "Shake your Bottle" to the "Shake your bootie" tune
    DH is now trying to get ds to do the "wiggle, wiggle, wiggle" part (he is 24 months) from the LMFAO song Sexy and I know it. 
    I also have always sung Moon River for a lullaby and now ds asks for it but sounds like he is asking for "moon rubber" and in my head I think of rubber in the british sense.  Makes me giggle everytime...so mature.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

When I made our "LO's playlist" on the iPod, alongside the Bert and Ernie tunes I included Mo Money, Mo Problems.  What can I say??  She loves it and so do I!

On a less embarrassing note, for grown up music that she really likes but is truly kid friendly, she loves They Might Be Giants and also a song called Vegetable Car.
    I just found out that TMBG actually has an album specifically for kids - purchasing soon!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

Oh, Medford, that TMBG album is awesome -- it's been a favorite in our house for years! (If you're talking about "Here Come the ABCs!")

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

DH sometimes sing "Working at the Car Wash" when giving DS a bath. Especially during the period when DS would toss Mator and Lightning McQueen into the tub.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fazel2012. Show fazel2012's posts

Medford and Jen - we have "Here come the 123's!" by TMBG. They have a few of them. 123's is awesome except they get stuck in Mom's head. I had 9 bowls of soup in my head once for days. I want to get "Here comes science!" next. But I also like TMBG as a whole as well. Our favorite to sing to DD is Birdhouse in your soul.

For other random songs - my DH always sang "Atlantic City" to DD (the Bruce Springsteen version - not the Band version). And I was/am guilty of singing Cyndi Lauper songs to her. Lately her overall favorite is Back to Back, Belly to Belly. She likes the big laugh at the end!

Lastly - she loves Call Me Maybe. I might be guilty of singing that one a little too much to her as well! I put it on you tube and she will run in the study to dance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Any time I start to sing to DD when it's not sleep time, she shakes her head vigorously and tells me, "No."  LOL!  But I am allowed to sing along with music.  Her recent favorite is "Single Ladies".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Ooh, I didn't even know TMBG had that many albums!  I only knew about the science one.  The 1, 2, 3 one would be great right now.
    Fazel, we had birdhouse in your soul at our wedding.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

kiwigal...love it. hahahahhaa. My son loved that song when it came out.
    Both my kids love me to sing Janis Joplin's Mercedes Benz to them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I would sing Moon River because my mom rocking me and singing it (usually with tears streaming down her face) is my very first memory.  She doesn't know that I remember anything about it...and she never will.  Sad times for her.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Oh Kar...
    I used to sing "favorite things" from Sound of Music to my twins when they were babies and cry and cry. Some of it was hormones...the rest was complete devastation and dismay at their hearing loss diagnosis. For the longest time I really had no idea what it was going to mean in the long term and I would weep almost daily.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

LOL - we also sing "carwash," but during a face wipe at the end of the meal.  Both of mine calm right down when they hear the carwash song.

We sing a lot of made up songs but not usually to any popular tunes.  Does anyone know the song "Georgie Girl?"  It's from the 60s I think - Hey there Georgie Girl...  We usually sing that tune with either "Boo Boo Bear" or "Wooly Bear" depending on who we are singing it to :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Well, if we're talking weepy songs, I've got those, too. DS#1 is James, so "Sweet Baby James" is just very sentimental (especially since DH downloaded it onto my iPod the day we found out we were having a boy). Also, my brother made us a "lullabye" CD that included "Puff the Magic Dragon". Even though I know the "real" subtext of "Puff", the line "Dragons live forever, but not so little boys..." makes me cry each and every single time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Just for fun: Most random song?:
    [QUOTE]Oh Kar... I used to sing "favorite things" from Sound of Music to my twins when they were babies and cry and cry. Some of it was hormones...the rest was complete devastation and dismay at their hearing loss diagnosis. For the longest time I really had no idea what it was going to mean in the long term and I would weep almost daily.
    Posted by misslily[/QUOTE]

It must have been overwhelming, misslily - I'm choked up thinking about it.  I always thought that song was sad given the backdrop of the movie.  Why they play it at Christmastime, I don't get except that it sounds like a Christmas wish list.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fazel2012. Show fazel2012's posts

Jeez, if we are going with weepy - I mentioned Cyndi Lauper but didn't want to go there since we were talking silly. I had a touch of PPD (okay more than a touch) and I remember being home overwhelmed on maternity leave singing "Time after Time" to DD and just letting the tears free fall.

Medford - love that you had that at your wedding! Now it is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. :) I highly recommend 1,2,3's. Fun for kids and classic clever nerdiness of TMBG for adults!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

kiwi, I never get through Puff the Magic Dragon dry eyed.

I hope no one minds the turn to the weepy, but figured my mom couldn't have been the only singer/sobber. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I can't think of any songs that get me choked up, but I know there are some!!

Loved all your stories. DD is OBSESSED with Old MacDonald lately.  She stops fussing in the car if I sing it... and then I get bored and start making up all kinds of things that babies and mommies and bunnies and giraffes say :o)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Just what do giraffes say??? :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

In Response to Re: Just for fun: Most random song?:
    [QUOTE]Just what do giraffes say??? :)
    Posted by misslily[/QUOTE]
    Good question!

For the car, DD loves us to sing wheels on the bus.  We make up a lot of additional verses, too!  Although yesterday she graced me with her own version of 1, 2, buckle my shoe, which was hysterical.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liv22. Show Liv22's posts

I realized that I don't remember the words to half the nursery rhymes. And some of them are downright scary or awful. I have memorized Moo, Baa, La La La though and she shakes her head No at the pig part.  

We constantly sing I Throw my Hands up in the Air Sometimes since that is how she dances. On my maternity leave I would sing It's Not Your Fault, But Mine since it was constantly on the radio and it seemed fitting as I was learning to take care of her. DH plays her motown and 50s music when he feeds her and calls it dinner theatre.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

DH won't let me play any Kenny Chesney songs anymore (the two I love are "Don't Blink" and "There goes my life" - and those will make him tear up because he does not want to think about our kid(s) growing up so fast and how fleeting our time will be with them before they are grown up).

Sections
Shortcuts