Looking for new a mommy group in Waltham, Newton or Arlington area

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktz220. Show ktz220's posts

Looking for new a mommy group in Waltham, Newton or Arlington area

Hello!  Are there any new mommy groups out there in the Waltham, Newton, Arlington area?  My new little one is 5 weeks old now, I love her dearly and cherish our time together but am starting to go a little stir crazy-is that terrible?  Im really missing social interaction and would love to get out of the house to meet other new moms.  Isis has, what sounds to be, a pretty cool "great beginings" group - but its almost $200.  Is there anything out there thats less expensive?  Where does one look for groups?  Thoughts?  Advice?  

THANK YOU!   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

Re: Looking for new a mommy group in Waltham, Newton or Arlington area

Hey ktz, congrats on the birth of your DD.   :)    Do not feel like it is terrible to feel a little stir crazy. That is perfectly normal.  After the initial recovery I was feeling like I HAD to get out and do something every day.   My DD is 11 weeks and, like you, I have been looking for a moms group.  DH and I bought a new house right before she was born so we are new to the area and I am looking to make some new social connections.   I was googling one night and stumbled upon meetup.com.  They have all kinds of "meetups" (aka: activities) for all interests and groups.   I haven't been to one yet but am planning to attend an event tomorrow.  I also just inquired about another meetup group in the area that does group mom/baby workouts at local parks and whatnot.   I just did a quick search for you and found a moms meetup group in Belmont and an exercise group in Waltham, and there are definitely others.   I think I typed "meetups arlington, ma".   Hoping this helps and will at least give you a jumping off point if noting else.  Good Luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from move-on. Show move-on's posts

Try whatever your local hospital is, they often have new moms groups. I also think Arlington has a parents network. Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kristinemunroe. Show kristinemunroe's posts

Hi ktz, did you ever find a mommy group around Newton/Waltham/Arlington?  My baby is almost 3 weeks old and I'm going stir crazy already.