Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Looking for new a mommy group in Waltham, Newton or Arlington area

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktz220. Show ktz220's posts

Looking for new a mommy group in Waltham, Newton or Arlington area

Hello!  Are there any new mommy groups out there in the Waltham, Newton, Arlington area?  My new little one is 5 weeks old now, I love her dearly and cherish our time together but am starting to go a little stir crazy-is that terrible?  Im really missing social interaction and would love to get out of the house to meet other new moms.  Isis has, what sounds to be, a pretty cool "great beginings" group - but its almost $200.  Is there anything out there thats less expensive?  Where does one look for groups?  Thoughts?  Advice?  

THANK YOU!   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

Re: Looking for new a mommy group in Waltham, Newton or Arlington area

Hey ktz, congrats on the birth of your DD.   :)    Do not feel like it is terrible to feel a little stir crazy. That is perfectly normal.  After the initial recovery I was feeling like I HAD to get out and do something every day.   My DD is 11 weeks and, like you, I have been looking for a moms group.  DH and I bought a new house right before she was born so we are new to the area and I am looking to make some new social connections.   I was googling one night and stumbled upon meetup.com.  They have all kinds of "meetups" (aka: activities) for all interests and groups.   I haven't been to one yet but am planning to attend an event tomorrow.  I also just inquired about another meetup group in the area that does group mom/baby workouts at local parks and whatnot.   I just did a quick search for you and found a moms meetup group in Belmont and an exercise group in Waltham, and there are definitely others.   I think I typed "meetups arlington, ma".   Hoping this helps and will at least give you a jumping off point if noting else.  Good Luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from move-on. Show move-on's posts

Try whatever your local hospital is, they often have new moms groups. I also think Arlington has a parents network. Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kristinemunroe. Show kristinemunroe's posts

Hi ktz, did you ever find a mommy group around Newton/Waltham/Arlington?  My baby is almost 3 weeks old and I'm going stir crazy already.  

Sections
Shortcuts