March Infants and Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Re: March Infants and Toddlers

Poppy - interesting article about ear infections.  DS has his first infection and was prescribed amoxicillin.  I wish I read this first so I could have talked to the doctor about.  Obviously the doctor hadnt read or heard about the new recommendation yet.  Oh well we have another 5 days on the meds...

IPW - I hope things are still going well being a binky free house!  DS is addicted to his binky at 8 months old.  HE would keep that thing in his mouth all day long if I let him.  I try to keep it to nap time, bed and car for now.  Im dreading the day when we have to give it up.  I hope to be as lucky as you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Not sure if anyone lives in West Roxbury/Roslindale area, but there's an Easter egg hunt for kids 2-6 on March 30th, sponsored by Parkway in Motion...thought I'd pass the info along.  http://parkwayinmotion.org/#/events/easter-egg-hunt

Good news on our daycare drama: kids got off the wait list at the center in my DH's building, and can start in July.  So only three more months where we are.  Cannot wait, both because of all of the transitions and lack of communication there lately, and because then I'll be able to take the T to work again! 

Other than that, DS, 6 months, has cut 2 teeth already, and the top 2 are bulging and almost there.  He was really into purees for a couple of weeks, but since the teeth started, has gone back to spitting all food out, and really only wanting to nurse.  We did get a new mesh feeder last weekend, and have tried some frozen bananas and peaches in there, and he seems to like that better than the purees...I'm sure it feels good on his little gums. 

IPW, congrats on the binky mailing!  And saw on the other board that Stefani had her little guy on 3/8; congrats to you!  Now let's hope that spring will really start around here sooner than later!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Luv, my DD acts the same way when teeth are cutting through.  I think part of it is the spoon hitting her gums, even though I use the rubber coated spoons.

On an unrelated note, soooo glad to share that today was moving day for us! It was a crazy day but we got way more unpacking and settling in done than I was expected, so that was a bonus! Totally loving it so far :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Summer - congrats on the move!

Luv - congrats on the daycare news! What a relief.

I'm glad to hear some of you say your teething baby is no longer interested in food. DS just cut his first tooth, and is spitting out/up all food. He used to eat puffs by the dozen, and now he wants nothing to do with them. He is also refusing much of lunch and dinner (he's usually starving at breakfast). I wondered if it could be the teeth, but his sister is sick, so then I wondered if maybe he had a sore throat. At least I know some of you are dealing with this in conjunction with teething.

Pugs - we also recently had our first ear infection and treated it with antibiotics. Oh well!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Been quiet this week!  Anyone have plans for the weekend?  A friend is coming to visit and I can't wait for her to see DD again!  I think I might take some me time to go outlet shopping while she's here.

DD wore a ponytail for the first time today.  Usually they last about 30 seconds, but she wore it all the way to daycare.  I cannot get over what a big girl she is.  She repeats everything and I can really reason with her now.  It's so cool.

So jealous of all these home purchases!  Congrats Summer.  DH and I have kinda sorta come up with a plan for purchasing our first house next year, so we'll see how it plays out.  Now we have to decide if we stay put until then... Doesn't make sense to pay moving costs, etc., but there is still the neighbor who smokes in the front hallway... sigh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Cute story about the ponytail fram!  I love it when my DD wears a ponytail or a clip in her hair, but she almost never lets me and if she does, she pulls it right out within minutes if not seconds.

Enjoy your shopping if you go.  I definitely need some 'me' time as well.  A local spa that is near me is having a special on facials this week and I desperately need something to perk me up out of these winter-like days, so I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon.  Yay!  I may take a little extra time and shop too! :)

Things here are good.  DD is just such a little kid - she is growing up so fast (2yrs 8mo).  She's in the preschool room at daycare and Fridays are always show-and-tell.  It is the cutest thing ever watching her decide what she wants to bring in and show her friends.  She is so thoughtful and sweet and just melts my heart on a daily basis.  Today when we were getting ready to leave the house, I gave her a piece of candy (bribery reward for going on the potty!) and she came up and hugged me and said "I like it when we are together mom.  I like it when we talk together".  So cute.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tape her saying that to get you through the teen years, ALS. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

ALS - I love that.  :)  My DD is the same age, and yesterday I got a, "I love to hug my mommy!"  Yes, please!  I swear, it really is the "terrific twos".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I am loving this age too!  At bedtime, DD gets nervous that Dada's going to try to do the bedtime routine, so she says "Ni ni Dada.  I yuv you." and basically pushes him away lol.

Can anyone suggest a good DVD for working out?  I really want to get to work on the middle and butt.  Been doing cardio regularly for the last few weeks, but I'm going to need to step it up.  (Says the girl who looked in one too many dressing room mirrors yesterday.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Luv, congrats on the move!

Fram, I love (well, don't totally hate doing) Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It's quick but intense. 20 min workout, so easy to fit in and still feel accomplished. I should get up and do it tomorrow, but DH and I are staying up too late watching March Madness. This time last year, these games got me through of middle-of-the-night feedings :).

Speaking of workouts, I can't wait to get back to my old routine of walking/running DS home from daycare. We have such a good setup: his daycare is a little over a mile from home and it's right on my bus route, so DH just leaves a stroller there in the morning, I get off the bus there, and we get a nice walk or run home. It was always too dark/cold/snowy to do in winter and with the weather this month I haven't been able to get back to it. Hoping this week is better!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

ALS, that is SO sweet!  I just absolutely love this age (DS 2 yrs, 6 mo).  We visited my parents' house this past weekend and since he no longer fits in the PNP, and it was just him and me, we shared "the big bed" together.  Friday night he just was too excited to sleep.  He kept rolling onto me and laughing.  Finally he pleeded, "Mama... don't go to sleep, talk to me" and it just made me laugh so hard.  They really do say the funniest things at (and around) this age.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I am loving 2.5 too, IPW. Although I feel like we are mostly in the "terrific" twos, there are occasional outbursts of the "terribles".  She's also in a real mommy phase, which I love...always wants to sit with me, tell me stories, etc.  On friday she was painting with my mom, and told her "Mommy and Daddy will love this!", hung the painting on the fridge and was SOOO proud to show it to me when I got to the house. 

And the 6 month old is so sweet and such a flirt.  Always smiling, and especially watching his sister and every move she makes.  He's got two lower teeth already, and is looking bigger by the day. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Having fun with my girls, despite all the day care germs they keep bringing home and giving to me and DH ugh. (cough cough hack gross).

We just had DD#1's 4th (FOURTH!) birthday!  Time does fly.  Between St. Patrick's Day (BIG deal in my parents' house) taking over her real birthday and Passover and Easter happening in March, it has kind of become her birthday month instead of just a day or weekend.  Hopefully this doesn't set too crazy of a precedent.

DD#2 is growing in leaps and bounds and is just so adorable I can't take it.  Also, she's sleeping better than she was a month or two ago when a spate of teething and a cold got her sleep patterns all messed up.  She is definitely cuter when I'm sleeping through the night ha. she's pulling up, climbing stairs (EEK) and cruising around furniture.  She doesn't transition from one piece of furniture to another or go from something to a person's outstretched hand yet.  She prefers to squat down and scoot/crawl to the next thing, then pull up again.  She definitely COULD cruise more than she does, she just prefers to be fast and efficient. 

My inlaws had a Seder last night, even though Passover doesn't start until tonight, so everyone could make it.  everyone got a big kick out of DD gnawing on her matzoh.  She fell asleep in her high chair before we got to Elijah's cup, which was also adorable. DD#1 ate way too much chopped liver, and haroseth.  She wasn't even hungry by the time the real meal came out (her bedtime, of course), but somehow managed to get a second wind and consume about a pound of macaroons once dessert was served.

Next week it will be ham dinner with scalloped potatoes at my parents for Easter. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I just realized my entire post was about food while everyone else above it was talking about working out.  Sigh.  Therein lies my problem haha.  Arcain, the walking home from day care sounds great.  I love hiking and walking and I'm really looking foward to when I can get some long walks in without feeling irresponsible for taking the kids out in the rain/sleet/cold.  This snow needs to melt so we can have our sidewalks back!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Loved reading the posts about your 2 year olds! So cute!

Lissa - I hear you about the food!  I love to eat!  On demand has lots of different work outs to choose from. 

This past weekend we bought new car seats.  I got 2 Britax Marathon, one for my car and one for DH's car.  I have a Jeep and it doesnt seem to fit right.  Its hard to get DS in it and the teathering system seems weird.  We have it rearfacing and the teathering goes over DS head and attaches by the lift gate.  I think I might return mine and get another brand/style.  I wanted to ask you guys if anyone has a SUV and what kind of convertible car seats you have. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Pugs - we also bought the Britax Marathon this weekend.  I installed it on Saturday and I did the bottom latch but didn't know where to do the top teather.  Does that need to be done to install it properly?  I couldn't find the floor anchor in my new car.  I'm going to try to get an appointment at our fire station this week to get it properly installed.

On Saturday DH brought up that he was ready to start trying for baby #2.  It's the first time he's ever said that to me so that was a shock.  Personally I want to wait a few more months so I think we are going to table this discussion until the fall.

DS is such a fun baby at the moment (almost 10 months).  He's learning something new each day which is so exciting to watch.  This weekend he developed a new high pitched scream that he does when he's excited.  It's pretty hilarious at the moment but I'm sure I'll be cursing it in a few weeks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

clc - DH installed it but I think the teather needs to be attached to be installed properly. It attaches differently in every car.   Sorry I wasnt more help...  Hopefully the firemen will beable to help. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks Pugs.  I just watched one of the Britax videos on how to do the teather and apparently I misunderstood where it can be teathered.  I thought it had to be to a specific clip on the floor but you can use the anchored seat runner of the seat in front of the car seat.  Looks like I will need to do that this afternoon. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Pugs Found this video on the Britax site-hopefully the link works.  http://webapps.easy2.com/cm_mvc/GenericIndex?page_id=35815402 that's for the seat we have-but should be the same on how to install the tether rear facing. That being said, we don't have DD's rear facing boulevard tethered.

As for cars, I have a CRV-older model, and the seat fits nicely rear facing (again, I don't rear tether).  We also have DS in the Frontier-which is the first britax product I'm not in love with-I don't like the latch system on this model-its hard to get a super tight fit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

clc - I just called the stre where I bought the car seat and she informed me that if the car seat is rear facing then it doesnt need to be teathered.   Was it teathered in the video that you watched?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Kam - Thank you!  I just watched the video and I shows how the teather works so the lady I spoke to doesnt know what she is talking about! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Pugs-it was the first time I saw the video, I had no idea it could be done that way! When I saw that random piece of the tether I wondered what it was for...LOL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pugs and clc (and anyone, really) - how did you decide it was time to swtich to the convertible, and are you finding it easier or harder than the bucket?  DD is around the same age as your los.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

In response to Novembride's comment:

Pugs and clc (and anyone, really) - how did you decide it was time to swtich to the convertible, and are you finding it easier or harder than the bucket?  DD is around the same age as your los.

DS is 20 lbs now and the infant carrier is heavy so I thought it was time!  The only thing is now when he falls asleep you have the remove him from the seat and awake him up. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Novemb - I switched to the convertible only because DD + the infant seat was getting too heavy.  The infant seat went up to 32 lbs, so DH used it for a quite a while after I switched - as in well past a year old.

Now that we turned DD's seat around in my car, I cannot get the harness tight enough.  I'm really concerned.  DH says he can, so either I'm doing something wrong or it's because he's stronger.  I'll have him show me what he does, but any tips?  We have a First Years True Fit.  Even with her winter coat on, I could fit my whole arm under the harness this morning and only got it a little bit tighter after that.  I pull on the dang strap and nothing happens.  When it was rear facing, I would have to push down on the metal clip behind the seat while pulling on the strap, but obviously can't get my hand back there now.