Hi Ladies,

Someone in my MOT group posted this and I thought you'd enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE&feature=player_embedded

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Re: MissLily & Stefani...

LOL, Daisy! Loved it :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ha - that just about covers it!  wish i had thought of that "is that a transparent question" line!!!  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I like the "are they natural?" response:  "they aren't robots and are made of organic materials."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

That just about sums it up! 
    Reminds me of the time someone asked me, "Are they identical?" I said, "No - one's a boy and one's a firl."
    She then said, "But other than that, are they identical?"
    ... I just looked at her.

Thanks for making my day, Daisy! :)
    BTW - other than moving my highchairs out into the mudroom after every meal, any ideas for keeping them from CLIMBING on them? :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I have no advice for the highchair climbing.  We have the kind that strap on to regular chairs and my two spend lots of time clipping the straps on the seats but haven't tried to climb into them.  Apparently they climbed into the ones at my mother's house last week and strapped themselves in and then started yelling b/c they couldn't get out.  They've also figured out pushing chairs over to other things and using them to get into stuff on top of counters and other surfaces (haven't climbed up onto any of them, yet, though).  DD has climbed up on the table from a chair, but I watched her do it (unbeknowst to her) and promptly went over and removed her with a firm "no" and distracted her attention to something else.

Regular high chairs are scarier though b/c they can tip over, etc.  I think all you can really do is what you're doing unless you can stabilize them with something else.  Even then, it won't stop them from climbing, it will just stop the chairs from falling over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

They have certainly figured out that chairs are ladders to the counters.  We now have all the kitchen chairs against the wall and blocked by the table.  the high chairs get moved to the mudroom (behind a closed door) after meals.
    It's like looking after two naughty monkeys!
    My dentist said that when his boy was two, his wife walked out of the kitchen to put the laundry in the dryer.  When she came back their son had climbed onto a chair, onto the table and was swinging from the kitchen light fixture over the table.  YIKES!!! :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

EEK!  That's just insane. 

I'm particularly worried b/c there's a story about DH from when he was about two:  His parents had moved his father's toolboxes to the top of the fridge so DH couldn't get to them.  So, he moved some boxes over to the counter and stacked them up so he could get up on the counter and then somehow managed to get into the toolboxes (I'm not clear on this, but he must've stood on top of a toaster or some other countertop appliance to reach).  He got a Phillip's head screwdriver, climbed back down, and proceeded to disassemble some of his toys.  (His aunts and uncles and grandparents also talk about going to their house when he was about 3 and all of his toys were in pieces all over the floor b/c he was always disassembling them to see how they worked.  He's a mechanical engineer now--no big surprise.) 

It's crazy how fast kids can move and how much they're capable of!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

MissLily and Daisy,

How old are each of your twins right now? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Mine are 18 months.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Mine are 16 months.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Finally got around to watching this!  Was dying to see it, but too busy at work. 
    I hate it when someone has a boy and a girl, or vice versa, and people say they are done!  First of all, why do you get to decide that?  Second of all, who said they wanted a boy and a girl?  Who says that is the perfect family?  (Not that there's anything wrong with it, but obviously there are many combos and they are all great!)  I go back and forth between wanting two of the same and one of each.  I will take whatever the universe decides to give me :o)