Need Temporary Daycare for about 1 week - Any resources?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Need Temporary Daycare for about 1 week - Any resources?

Hi!
    My daughter is at a terrific family daycare in Quincy, but the provider is having a baby soon (end of March, begining of April) so I will need to find alternative care for a week. I have no idea of how to go about finding care for a short term need like this. Does anyone have any ideas or resources i could look into?
    TIA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Re: Need Temporary Daycare for about 1 week - Any resources?

It's expensive but you could try http://www.parentsinapinch.com/ParentsInAPinch.aspx

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

The only resource I know about is what rysmom listed, parents in a pinch.  It is expensive since you have to pay a membership fee, but many companies are members and their employees can use the service without paying the fee.  If you haven't already, you might want to check with your and your husband's benefits department and see if they have any resources.  Sometimes the employee assistance programs can help with things like this.  Good luck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Is it worth looking at sittercity.com or care.com to hire a nanny for that one week?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

Some larger centers like Bright Horizons offer backup childcare, but I don't know if you need to be registered with them in advance or what kind of fees/costs are involved.

http://www.brighthorizons.com/back-up/what.aspx

In any case, you should move quickly on this since any service that does provide backup care will be busy during your time period due to Easter and other school closings for Patriots Day and school vacation (if she were to deliver late or need more time off).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Are you close with any of the other parents who use the same provider?  Perhaps you can swap days caring for each other's kids?  Just an idea if the other suggestions do not pan out.  Not to be redundant, but companies do often provide back up daycare, so you may want to check benefits with your employers.  I am pretty sure Bright Horizons has back up care available.  Not sure if Kindercare does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

amy-lynn,
    would it be possible for you and/or your husband to take off from work  to stay at home with your child? You mentioned a week - so that is only 5 days. If you take turns, it will only be 3 for you and 2 for hubby - or the other way around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

That is one possibility, but we had planned a family vacation (before we knew about the need for the week off) to visit his family in San Antonio, for late April - So we already are using 5 vacation days in April - it makes it hard the rest of year if we have used so much vacation in March/April

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ah! San Antonio? - Our son lives there. We are planning a visit for his b-day mid April. (Lovely place, just too hot during the summer.)
    I understand your predicament. Could you possibly take your family vacation during the time your sitter is unavailable? Unless of course, there is some big occasion for your visit. I do hope everything works out for you.

Sections
Shortcuts