New Forum? Your thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Re: New Forum? Your thoughts?

Health and nutrition,  childcare and education,  and  whole family issues  are areas while would likely receive enough posts and have people following running threads, in addition to the current ones.

Now if the section only had a more inclusive title than MOMS!   Something welcoming to us sisters and brothers and aunts and uncles and grandparents and teachers and   DADS.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from leesee1981. Show leesee1981's posts

Whatawag, are you a Dad? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

No.  I wanted to be,  but when my mom explained that girls who wanted to marry men had to do the pregnant thing and not  make hubby do it,  I resigned myself to being a Mom like all the other wives.

I'd rather hubby do the large growth routine, and move baby out of that really tiny opening,  while I act like a Dad and take pictures, but I guess I'm stuck.
    -------------------------------------------------

Seriously - 30 yr old married female with no kids YET, from a family with 8 kids,  and I have 19 nieces and nephews  (DH has 42)  and a zillion cousins.
          I think  Dads, and other family and teachers, day care folks etc  should feel welcome  to read and post , not just Moms.    The overall forum name is Parents,  and parenting too is a role filled by many,  that at least would be preferable.

MOMS is pretty limited.  Pretty sexist of the Globe to assume children are not of interest to their fathers or anyone else, the sole interest and responsibility of their mothers. !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

Just wanted to say thanks for reading this and responding to it.  I appreciate your thoughts on the forums here.  I have also passed along your concerns to the editors at Boston.com.

Thanks again,

ModeratorJen