Non-Carb Snacks for Toddlers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

Non-Carb Snacks for Toddlers?

My toddlers favorite snack choices tend towards the carbohydrates (crackers, pretzels, Cheerios etc),  though they're more divers eaters at meal time.

I'm looking for non carb snack ideas (aside from fruits and veggies, which are a challenge at the moment).

Any suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Re: Non-Carb Snacks for Toddlers?

We offer cheese as our non-carb snack. Either a cheese stick or a babybel or even a slice of American or Swiss.
    If I can get them to sit at the table for a snack I might offer a small yogurt or cup of applesauce. Or a yogurt smoothie in a sippy cup.
    I offer fruit as a snack a lot. Grapes, blueberries, my son loves a slice of watermelon and he loves honeydew also.
    We don't do peanut butter - but you can always spead some peanut butter or other nut butters (or nutella or hummus) on some crackers or a slice of bread.

My kids will also eat deli meat. I roll up a slice of Turkey and cut it into pinwheels for them.
    But I will say that goldfish, cheddar bunnies etc. are the favorite and easiest snacks. So I often offer them and concentrate on protein and fruits and veggies at meals when they are sitting at the table. As I've mentioned before, I see no reason to have my kids on a low carb diet at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Re: Non-Carb Snacks for Toddlers?

Raisins (or craisins), apple slices, grapes, cheese stick, dried apple chips, hummus, "guacamole" (very simple recipe with mashed avocado, lemon juice and finely diced tomatoes, granola and yogurt, banana and peanut butter, edamame are all favorite snacks. I try to feed her something non-carby when I can but when we are out and about I have no problem offering pretzels, goldfish, granola bars and other carb based snacks. Or a combination of both - fruit and cheese and crackers, pretzels dipped in hummus etc.