November -- Infants and Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Re: November -- Infants and Toddlers

The board keeps telling me to change a word, but they aren't saying which, so who knows if this will ever post! Frustrating. So great to hear all the food ideas. Protein is also an issue with us. Protein in the form of chibani yogurt is a huge hit. Last night I was giving Mac and cheese with carrots and had to put yogurt on top of every spoonful for it to be accepted. Blah, but it went down. He's also starting to be interested in sandwiches that we are eating. Had his first meatball sub last weekend taking bites from ours. DH was impressed how big his bites were. Oh, and our boy who maybe drank a 5oz bottle, maybe, is now inhaling 8oz each! I'm expecting a growth spurt any day now. So 1st and 2nd days of daycare were good, but they were filled with some tears. Yesterday's drop off was so hard as immediate tears as we walk in. But the teachers report said he was outstanding for the rest of the day!! Even a 2 hour nap. Yay. only side effect is the thickest, runny nose I've ever seen today. Oh well, let that immunity start building. Fram, I know several folks did, but I mever used a mesh feeder. Went straight to soft whole foods.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

IPW, the fine print of the error message tells you what it objects to right before it says, "...change it, don't disguise it."  The list of objectionable words is beyond me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

amy-lynn, thanks for the book suggestions!  I just went on Amazon and got the I Love Colors, plus another one by the same woman about What's On My Head or something like that.  Perfect for us - she puts everything on her head!  I also love the photo album idea, but that's going to take a little longer for me to get done.  :)

fram - I have been there!  I constructed an elaborate system of plastic wrap and foil from our office kitchen (lucky to have it) and then carried the cooler very carefully.

IPW - hang in there.  We had the same experience where the second day of daycare was harder than the first.  They are smart and they know what's going to happen at this age!  I'm sure your LO will do great.

I can't wait for our 15 month weigh in next week.  I feel like she's enormous, but then I see her with the 10 and 12 month olds at daycare and she's actually still really short!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

kar- there is a blank space sometimes where it doesn't actually tell you the word. I had the same problem a few weeks ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Fra - we used the mesh things for banana, mango, and avacado though he preferred the avacado outside the bag.  We would also freeze apple slices and as they defrosted they were mushy-er for him and helped with teething.  Non frozen apple was just too hard for him to get with the bag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Yup, no words this morning. I looked everywhere and then just changed every word I could even imagine would be declined. Silly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A blank space?  Gosh, how helpful that is!  Sorry, I didn't know the "bad word" software was broken, but I should have suspected, lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

The posts being out of order is getting REALLY old!!

I'm perplexed by serving sizes.  If a baby's stomach is as big as its fist, why does Gerber sell tubs of puree and state on the package that a serving size is the whole tub?  That is way bigger DD's fist!  We never feed her a whole tub/jar, but I think day care does if she'll eat it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

I was able to put poopy in another post.  It's very exciting.  My 3 y.o. would love it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

In Response to Re: November -- Infants and Toddlers:
    [QUOTE]The posts being out of order is getting REALLY old!! I'm perplexed by serving sizes.  If a baby's stomach is as big as its fist, why does Gerber sell tubs of puree and state on the package that a serving size is the whole tub?  That is way bigger DD's fist!  We never feed her a whole tub/jar, but I think day care does if she'll eat it all.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]
    Probably the same reason restaurants serve bigger serving sizes than FDA recommendations.  It's cheap enough for them to do and they want to appear to have good "value."  It's not like every decision made in the production of baby food is entirely for the good of the baby. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Happy Monday!
    Quick question: Can someone tell me what the difference is between 24 month and 2T size clothes?  I thought the T=toddler, but is it tall?
    I am having such issues grasping that my DD needs such "big" sizes!  LOL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think they are different cuts of the same size, although, some Ts are a little bigger overall depending on the manufacturer.  My understanding is that "24 months" accomodates a diaper better, and the T is for toddler...apparently a toilet trained one, so maybe it's for Toilet. ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I believe that 24 months fits up to 24 months, then you go to 2T which fits a two year old. 3T is for a 3 year old etc.  So the sizing changes after the 24 month stage.  "Month sizes" fit until the average baby reaches that age - "T" sizes fit the year of your child.
    HTH

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

hypothetically, 2T is supposed to run a bit bigger than 24 months, but as Lily said, the 24 months is typically "infant" although 2T is officially "toddler".

my experience has been that it (like always) depends on the brand, many don't make both sizes, so some people treat them as interchangable.  I tend to rely upon the height/weights that are put on the tags at this point.

Mine wears both, some of the 2Ts are bigger than the 24 months, but we also have a 3T shirt that is the same size as some of our 24 month shirts. I do think that the 2T pants are longer than the 24 months for the most part.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

I agree with what was previously posted - 24 month and 2T are pretty interchangeable, and the brand matters more, some brands run bigger or smaller than average (I'm looking at you Old Navy fleece pants that fell down while DD was walking last week!). The only brand that I know for certain that has both 2T and 24 month is Carter's, and when I held up 2 pairs of footed pjs - one 24 month and the other 2T, there was virtually no difference between the two. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

For others with LOs around the same age (8+ months), how much do you usually feed them in one sitting?  At home, DD usually gets 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and 2 of veg.  (At day care, she gets rice cereal and fruit, but I don't know exactly how much.) 
    I had recently given her more veg a few times, but now that I'm considering the fist thing I'm not going to do that.

DD is crawling up a storm these days!!  She's been crawling for a few weeks, but would stay in one place and play with her toys.  I spent the weekend trying to keep her away from the radiator and/or a cord.  Got to try out my new stern "no" voice.

We installed her convertible car seat yesterday.  It's supposed to be an easy one to install... I'd hate to see what a difficult one looks like!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Fram, I feel you on the convertible carseat.  We just did that last week (she still fits in the bucket, since she's a peanut for 1, but I can't lift her in it anymore, so we had to do it to give us each a carseat).  It's definitely a challenge! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I had to buy my DS 2T pajamas at Carter's because they don't make two piece fleece in 24 months and since he's (mostly) potty trained I can't put him in the one piece footies.  I then had to take them to the tailor to have the pants taken in since they were all falling off him!
    Bought DD some 2T shirts at Target - had to give them away since I had washed them and they ended up being too tight for her.
    So yes - there are huge discrepencies in sizing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I've been wondering the same thing about 24 mo/2T. Thanks for the info, everyone.

Anyone else's 1 year old incredibly clingy??  DD has been in mommy-mode for about a week.  She whines and cries if I don't carry her all over the house.  I was late for work this morning because she would not let me get ready.  If my MIL or husband tries to distract her, she does not go for it, instead comes to find me wherever I am.  She is getting over a cold, and I'm pretty sure she's teething, so maybe those two things have contributed... This is just very new, and although it's nice to know I'm loved, it's been excessive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liv22. Show Liv22's posts

Fram, I will start off by saying I have read these boards forever but hardly have time to catch up and post. So I feel like an internet stalker but your DD is a few weeks older than mine so your posts have been my favorite. My DH even knows about you because we'll be discussing a milestone and I'll say well Fram asked and the girls said...but I digress. My DD currently eats 4 TB of rice cereal for lunch and 4 TB of a mixed cereal or baby oatmeal plus a jar of Earth's Best veggie for dinner. Sometimes she'll be ok with the 2 oz jar and sometimes she will eat the 4 oz stage 2 jar. Once and awhile fruit, but she doesn't seem to like it as much. She loves the cereal and the veggies. I am thinking of sending fruit in for lunch at daycare. Most days she'll drink 5 6oz bottles of BM (I am an EPer so I know exactly). We haven't discussed starting breakfast yet or when to drop a bottle. She doesn't seem to want more than 6 oz in a sitting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ok, I just had a big dose of all of your cuties on facebook.  Love the Halloween photos!  We just had our rescheduled Halloween on Saturday, so I haven't uploaded photos yet.  I didn't take her out because it was so cold and DARK (not a single streetlight on my in-law's street!), but she LOVED LOVED staying in and greeting all the kids!  (in her costume, of course) By the end of the night she was dropping candy in their bags.  The kids were all so good about it, waiting patiently as she stared at them, open-mouthed, fists full of candy...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Trouble, hope going back to work is ok.  I had no issues, like you I needed some "me" time even though I was working. 

Poppy, the FB pics are adorable, I cant wait to see your pics.  DD "Care Bear" Had just a great time.  It was the first year she really enjoyed it.

DS is just about 4 months.  He is happilly playing in the exersaucer now.  He has much improved from his cranky days.  Still sleeps through the night.  Has not woke up once since 5 weeks.  Geez I know how lucky I am but he did give me a run during the day for quite some time.  DST threw him off a bit but not terribly.   Totally on the powdered formula now so that is good. 

DD has to be the funniest kid I know. Some of the things that come out of her mouth are hysterical.  During Trick or Treat she said thank you for the candy turned around to walk down the steps, then turned back to the man and said " Peace out Dude".  Then last weekend she told me I drive her Banannas.  I wonder where she gets these things.  They are pretty funny.  The man during halloween was cracking up.

ETA...She did say Thank You before saying Peace out.  At least I know I have done my part with her manners.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I found that the 2t were a little narrower/slim fit than the 24month clothes.  Some stores it was interchangeable others not so much.

Fram - DS (7.5m) is a big eater and is mostly on table food but he if eating baby food he will eat about 3 tblspn of cereal and 1 container of stage 2 food and a 6oz bottle.  If he is eating table food he'll have say a couple tablespoons of chicken and a yogurt.  My feeling is that once the baby food is not filling them its time to move to table food.  DD was not on it this early but looking back she probably should have been.  GO with your gut, if you think she is getting enough she most likely is.

Ds is crawling and pulling himself up on everything now.  He's funny, he'llcrawl into the kitchen very quietly sit himself up and pull open some drawers.  You can tell he is very proud of himself after.

DD had a great time trick or treating, we went to a handful of houses and she would ask if she could go in their house after she got the candy.  Once she realized each house was giving candy out she was thrilled to keep moving along!

Quad - I love the Peace Out - thats hysterical.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

These updates are cracking me up!
    And thank you for the info on the 2T sizes...  Trouble, I agree that it's crazy -- last time I was at Carters I kept looking at racks of clothes and then realizing they only went up to 9 or 12 months and we couldn't get them!
    Although we found out yesterday that she is still a bitty noodle.  At her 15 month appointment she cracked 30 inches, but didn't make it to 20 pounds yet.  Dropped in percentile, but the doctor said No Big Deal, and she looks healthy to me, too.  :)
    Lots of shots, including the flu shot, and she was reeeeally tired last night and still seems lethargic this AM.  Anyone else have this with the flu shot?  I know I've had the same experience as an adult.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Thanks for clearing that up ladies!  Miss Lily - that makes PERFECT sense.  24 months up to 24 months and 2T for all "2s."

Quad - You drive DD bananas?  Ha!  Where do they get this stuff?!  Yeah, work has been great, and I even got out for a drink with a friend for a couple of hours on Sunday.  I felt totally guilty but it was so nice!!  A little "me" time goes a long way!

Poppy - I love to checkout the FB pics too!  They are all just too cute!

So yesterday DH was chatting with me on the phone and had DD with him.  He kept saying to DD "mama," meaning mama was on the phone.  She now thinks that his phone is called mama.  Oy vey.