November -- Infants and Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November -- Infants and Toddlers

Nature's Miracle is great on vomit.  Our dog pukes on the carpet, and I'm sure it would be awesome on seatbelt straps.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Misslily, thanks for the sea bands tip!  I will keep that in mind for when she hits 2 years.
    Yes, I feel so bad for our LO when she gets sick.  Although, I notice that she will start whining (at which point I open all the windows!) and obviously be unwell, but then once she actually throws up she is as happy as can be!  (Me, not so much, because then I have to clean the car seat...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My mom used to give me 1/2 a Dramamine 30 minutes before any carride as I got sick every single time.  Not sure if docs still recommend that today, but I was 2.

Eating anything sweet like raisins or apple juice before or during a ride made me much worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Medford - we had to drive to Canada last year when she was only 18 months old. I was freaking out that she'd be sick all the way there. I emailed Seabands and they said she was too young (choking hazard). So I bought them anyway and sewed them into a fleece jacket. It worked great. She was fine all the way to Toronto and back - like 10 hours each way. Yes - we broke it out into shorter legs -it took us 3 days to get there.
    Now at 2 1/2 I just put them on her. Of course I have to have extras because she wants her twin brother to wear them too. I had to wear a pair for a while as well. Thankfully I still had mine from the morning sickness days. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Thanks, misslily!  I could use some of those myself -- maybe we'll both find them in our stockings this year, with hers to be put aside for a few more months.
    Kar - I love dramamine!  I used it as a kid as well, and I still use it for planes and boats (I'm usually okay in the front seat of the car now).  The package says for 2 years and up, so I'm looking forward to that, plus I guess I'll probably ask the doctor as well.
    I have also found that she gets sick more in the AM, so we try and restrict long AM car rides to nap time, which helps.  I also try to give her crackers and water beforehand, but not things like yogurt.  The side benefit is that if she does get sick, crackers are SO much better than yogurt.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's a miracle drug for our family!  We also use Dramamine for migraines, by the way - it works great if your migraine symptoms mimic motion sickness like ours do.

I didn't feel right starting the December thread given that I have no kids, but...