Nursing Tanks/T's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Nursing Tanks/T's

In Response to Re: Nursing Tanks/T's:
    Poppy -- YES.  My Cantaloop bras do that.  The cups sort of pull away and you can see the nursing structure underneath.  That, combined with the aforementioned Earth Mama B**b effect have essentially made the Bravado tanks my go-tos.  I also purchased some "pretty" nursing bras from a company called, wait for it ... Hot Milk.  Again, a Zullilly find.  I like them b/c they act like an underwire w/o the underwire, but they are a tad itchy, due to the prettiness.  Plus, I don't want to lead DH to believe that relations are in our future, so I don't wear them much. 
    Posted by GC1016

Ok, I'm glad to know I'm not a freak (or, at least, that I have a fellow freak).  It must be due to the overabundant boobage, which I also have.  I think I'll look into the Bravado...  BTW, I just joined Zulily after reading your posts and I saw an ad for Hot Milk on there... not sure who thought that was an appealing name.

Fram - I think I might have bought one nursing bra before DD was born, just because as noted above I am not small so knew i'd want some sort of support and wouldn't be able to wear any of my bras (all underwire). I got a Medela brand at Isis Maternity and talked to the salesperson about what size to look for... and just hoped it would fit after (luckily it did).  If you only have underwire bras and don't want to go braless all the time after you get home (which you might decide is perfectly acceptable - I was pretty much in pj's for a few weeks), you might want to at least get an inexpensive wireless bra of some sort that you think will fit. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Fram I don't think that is crazy at all.  I took a look at my nursing bras and they are bravado.  I really like them.  They are comfortable and I totally feel supported even though they don't have an underwire (the ones I have anyway).  Yes they were pricey but worth it in my opinion...I already expect sagging but trying to limit it as much as possible!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Fram, you can also buy things at the hospital.  I think I had one nursing bra and a few nursing tanks before my daughter was born and bought more later and everything turned out OK.  I would also purchase one sleep bra.  They are really comfortable and I lived in those in the first few weeks post partum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I think I tried on every single nursing tank and bra at Target yesterday.  I'm sure you get used to it, but man are those things awkward.  I ended up buying two bras and a tank for now.  Not going to wash them in case I end up not needing them for some reason. 
    I even tried on an underwire, hoping it'd be more flattering, but it was not in the least.  (I actually don't think it had wire in it.  Does that make a difference in terms of being OK?  I've read on here before that you shouldn't wear underwire due to clogged ducts... or something.)  Anyway, I'll get used to them!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Fram-What did you find awkward about them?  I remember having difficulty figuring out how to use them when I first had them.  For some reason at nine months, the clips had me confused (LOL). 

Re: Underwire.  I believe that you shouldn't wear any nursing bras with underwire for the first couple of months. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

does anyone know if underwire affects anything now? i am super worried about not being able to breastfeed...but I wear underwire everyday. Should I stop, or does it only supposedly make a difference when you're actually nursing?

(sorry to hijack)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's a good question, Silver, and I hope they're OK to wear because I wear 'em every single day!

Nene - It's not that I couldn't figure them out... I just need to get used to having holes in my bras for my breasts to poke through.  I'm sure it won't take long to adjust once I become a BFing pro - KNOCK ON WOOD!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

As far as I know, the underwire is not a problem while pregnant.  I wore it every day as well.  The problem with it while nursing is potential blocked ducts, and I think there has to be milk accumulating in order for it to block.
    I have to say that if you have the abundance Poppy mentions above (which I do as well), and if you can swing it, skip the cheap stuff and go for Bravado or similar.  They cost a fortune, but I just got two since we are doing wash all the time anyway, and they are worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

A totally agree with Medford..I love my bravado nursing bras.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Bravados are definitely worth the money, and if you're buying while you're still PG, I'd go so far as to recommend you skip bras altogether and just go with tanks.  They're more forgiving, size-wise, and comfier.  I basically lived in a Bravado tank, cardigan and a scarf (for cleavage-covering/coziness) while home on leave. 

I wore underwire while PG and had no issues, other than some chafing around month eight when my belly really popped and it caused the underwire/lace to rub in a weird way. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

I got nursing bras from Motherhood and actually like the motherhood (cheaper) bras a lot better that the pea in the pod ones.  I also LOVE the sleep bras.  I basically wear those all the time if I'm at home.

I did also hear not to wear underwire until about 4 weeks post partum and your milk has come it.  I wore regular underwire bras while pregnant but also found them uncomfortable as GC mentioned.  I had no problem with milk though.

So where do you get bravado bras?  That sounds like something nice to treat myself to!  My girls are also ginormous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Found a great blog with a good post about nursing wear. http://makingitlovely.com/2011/02/08/nursing-fashion-guide/
    She suggest the Bravado tanks as well, there's a link on the bottom. 

When I was at target (one of the bigger stores) they had "bravado for target" tanks. They were under $30, if i remember correctly, i wonder if they're as good as the real $50 ones? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I have not tried the "Bravado for Target", but I did use the line of Be Maternity (aka Bella Band) bands and tank tops that were cheaper and made just for Target and they were great.

Where ARE these fabulous Target stores that have nursing bras and tanks?  The Target I usually go to (Somerville) has a few maternity things, but absolutely nothing for nursing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Medford, are you looking in the regular lingerie section?  that's where they are at my target... not near maternity. 
    What is everyone's favorite nursing tank that isn't crazy expensive?  I want to get 1 or 2 new ones (I think the ladies are bigger than last time) but I don't want to invest in any that are really pricey as I'm unsure how long nursing will last/work given how last time went.  I currently have tanks from Walmart from DS and I think in the two years since i bought them, they dont' make them anymore.  Old Navy's seem like the strap detaches completely which is no good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

MM379 -the tanks at Target (I have the Gillian & O'Malley ones) are good, but they run a little small, so if you are big, they might not work for you. DD is 27 months, and I am still wearing them, even though we stopped nursing over a year ago. So they are plenty comfortable and durable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I went with the other brand of tank at Target, not Gillian & O'Malley's.  I think the Bravado for Target type deal.  The G&Os were big enough to easily fit over my 37 week bump and were even a little loose, so I figured they'd be too big after delivery.  Obviously, my stomach is not going back to normal right away, but it won't look 37 weeks huge either!  The Bravado tank and one bra that I got felt nice and snug, in a comfortable way.

Anyway, my point is to try on a bunch of options because you never know what will suit you best!  I literally tried them all on AND I ended up loving the last bra I tried on.  It was the ugliest, but I liked it best.  I think it's a sleep bra.

Sections
Shortcuts