October Infants and Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Re: October Infants and Toddlers

Thanks, Med! I didn't realize they did a lead test at the pedi automatically. DS has his 9 month appt in a few weeks, so we'll start there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

My pedi does the test at 1 year.  Since I had mentioned we rent in a very old house, they did the first test at 9 months and then I asked them to do it again at 18 months (instead of at 2 yrs).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I hope you all did okay in the storm w/o any major damage. We didn't even lose power so we're lucky.   

I think I need a teething support group. Anyone have a kid that was MISERABLE over eye teeth?? DS (18mon) eye teeth are already down part way but he is drooling and a fussy mess. He didn't go to bed until 10pm last night, even with motrin.  Putting the washcloth in the freezer now to see if that works at all.   He already has his 12 mon moalers, but maybe the others are on the way?  He is eating like he is in pain.  Seems strange that he is still in pain over the eye teeth as they are 1/2 way out.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Arcain - I guess maybe pediatricians vary on the lead test?  But you can always ask at the 9 month.

Ajuly - if he's 18 months, maybe it's the 2 year molars descending through the bone?  Someone told me that it's MORE painful when they are dropping through, before you can actually see them, and that always seemed to be the case for DD personally.  For us the 1 year molars were the worst ones, but the 2 year molars were not great either and you definitely have my sympathy.  I think it was around that age that DD started chewing small pieces of ice and still-frozen blueberries.  It made me nervous as a choking hazard, but it made me feel better than she had the first set of molars to help.  Not that this helps you at 10 PM!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I posted pics of my DDs on the friends of Boston.com facebook forum.  They were a puppy and a kitty.  I don't know how many more Halloweens my youngest will concede to be an accessory to my eldest's costume. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Looking at a Pottery Barn Christmas catalog DD #1 (just turned 2) sees a picture of Santa and excitedly says "He come my home!".  Too cute!   Same day before going to be she tells me "Rebecca pushed me in my belly again".  Then proceeded to say the same thing about everyone in her class at school.  I just love this age and the things she says!

Hope everyone had a nice Halloween.  My little bunny and strawberry had an early night but seemed to have fun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Thanks, all. Definitely going to ask about the lead at his next appt -- our house is 150 years old!

Lissa - Your pics are soooooo adorable! Makes me want a little girl, now...too soon to catch that bug!

Lil - That is so cute! Sounds like you might have a long couple months of talking about Santa ahead of you :-).

What do you all do to adjust your kids for the time change? DS goes to bed early (6:30-7) and is exhausted even then. We'd talked about trying to push his bedtime a little later to prepare but he's just been a mess most nights by bedtime so we don't want to. But I can't have him going to bed at 5:30 once we turn the clocks back -- I'm barely home by that time! I'm thinking that we might just see what the time change brings and maybe reintroduce the late afternoon nap for a couple weeks while he adjusts (he usually naps 9-10 and 1:30-3 or so), but I'd love to know what others' strategies are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Before my son was born we bought and old house. It was a VA foreclosure and it was unknown if it had lead. Well we didn't have it tested because we knew it was thousands to fix it. My son lived there 3.5 years and always scored way below on the lead test. He never tried to eat/lick the paint. All the walls and windows/sills were painted when we moved in. When we sold the house to a family who's kids were older then my son, but under 6 we told them it was unknown whether it had lead paint.

Sections
Shortcuts