Once or Twice a week Daycare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fuzzbutt. Show Fuzzbutt's posts

Once or Twice a week Daycare

Hi all,

I live in the Stoneham/Woburn area and was looking for ideas on places to look at for occasional childcare. It would not be more than once or twice a week. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Re: Once or Twice a week Daycare

I don't have recommendations for specific places in that area, but I found in my day care search that not very many centers would do only one day a week.  Most of them required 2 full days a week and some required 3.
    You might have more luck with a home-based day care; I'm not sure.
    Also, you'll have to pay for every week (even if you are not going to use it) because you're paying for the slot.
    Not sure if day care is what you meant or if you are looking more for a babysitter!
    Best of luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fuzzbutt. Show Fuzzbutt's posts

I'm sorry, I worded my post poorly. It'd be for regular care that once or twice a week. I'd really like my child to get into a routine, just not sure where to look or start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Hi fuzz, 

some home daycares will take a child for one or two days a week you just have to keep calling them. I know of one in Melrose but I just fired her, so I can't recommend her. :-) But I know there are others. go to the EEC website and do a search and just start calling around...good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

From my experience most daycares like 2, 3 or 5 days a week.  It is difficult to find 1 or 4 days.  In my experience they will look for the families that go 2 days to be there when the families that go 3 days are not so the spot is filled.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrsJay. Show MrsJay's posts

I've done daycare just 2 days a week with my daughter for the past 3 1/2 years.  It is a great arrangement for us! It's probably going to be just a matter of fitting your part-time schedule in with other parents with part-time schedules.  You may have to be flexible to fit in with what is an already existent part-time opening at the facility, but I think you will find that you can find what you need out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

My kids did 2 days a week at Kindercare in Stoneham and it worked out well.  (I am now back to work and they are there 5 days a week.)

Good luck.

Sections
Shortcuts