OT - Earthquake?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

OT - Earthquake?

Did you guys just feel a little earthquake?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

Re: OT - Earthquake?

Yes.  I'm on the 40th floor and we felt it.  It was weird because we were on a call with our NY office and we felt it less than a minute after they felt it.  Creepy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

It was awesome!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

5.8 earthquake in VA at 1.55 p.m.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Yes! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

I didn't feel it because I was walking in the parking garage, but the people that sit around me felt it. Our building was swaying!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Yup!  I'm in the Pru complex and felt the sway.  But when I went down to the mall to see if I was nuts to think I felt something, I thought I was more nuts since everyone was wandering around the mall as if nothing had happened!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I felt it in Cambrirdge, from the 5th floor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Nothing down here in Brockton.  Or maybe it was here, but I didn't notice.  I'm so engrossed in accounting that nothing can break my concentration.  Ha!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

My chair was rocking back and forth.  I remember thinking, "Huh, my chair is rocking back and forth.  Wait, my CHAIR IS ROCKING BACK AND FORTH."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I felt it to the point I crawled under my desk after several seconds.  Our building was clearly not designed with earthquakes in mind.  I'm on the 5th floor.  There is a window on the 4th floor, 3 doors down from my office where the window cracked.  I felt the one from Quebec last year, too, and this was definitely worse.  DH barely felt it in Kendall Sq. (there are bio labs in his building and his company does defense contracting, so I'm guessing his building is pretty sturdy) and my mother didn't feel it at her house in Medford.  My sister lives in western VA.  I sent her a text after I learned where it was centered but she hasn't responded yet.  I'm sure she's fine, but it'd be nice to hear from her!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

CT from DC - yup, we certainly felt it! Woke up our toddlers from nap, then we evacuated, all very exciting!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Funny thing, I didn't feel it (was on the phone as someone was complaining/gossiping to me so I was engrossed in that) but people sitting in the next office over felt it.

DH is traveling to DC this week and he definitely felt it. He's been in a few and said this was a pretty good one.

I'm oddly bummed out that I didn't notice it.

Sections
Shortcuts