Pampers Baby Dry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Pampers Baby Dry

Hi ladies!

DD has her very first diaper rash! We just started using the Baby Dry diapers at night time - I'm wondering if anyone has had rash issues with those diapers, or if they are similar to the Dry Max? BTW, was Dry Max discontinued? I don't see it in the stores anymore.

I read all the complaints online about Dry Max and the rash she has now, although minor at this point, matches those descriptions - red, sunburned looking, like little welts along her bumline.

During the day, her babysitter is using BJs brand (we got those for daytime, trying to save $$). So, it could be those diapers, too I suppose since we started using them at the same time.

Curious to hear if anyone else has rash issues with either of these...thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Re: Pampers Baby Dry

Silver-

I'm sorry that you have to deal with it.  We primarily use 'greener' diapers (Nature Babycare) but SIL bought us some BJ's diapers and DD has been usuing them at daycare for three months without a problem.  FWIW, w DD was born our pedi told us to always use vaseline on her bum which will prevent diaper rash because it forms a protective barrier. I really think that this has helped DD (13 months) and she's only hand one diapter rash when she was eating a lot of kiwis (which are highly acidic).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Hi!  Pampers Baby Dry does not have Dry Max - I believe the lines that had it were Swaddlers and Cruisers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTSept06. Show CTSept06's posts

We had been using Pampers Sensitive for months and I decided to try Pampers Cruisers one time once she was crawling for a while.  After one day in the Cruisers- very red rash. It went away within a day after switching back to the Sensitive, so I'm convinced it was the diapers. I have heard that some kids are sensitive to the dry max while others it doesn't bother.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Never had a problem with Pampers Dry Max or Baby dry or any other Pampers product.
    I will recommend you try Huggies Overnites for nighttime.  I have found them to be the best for that 12 hour stretch.
    Don't know how big your LO is - but the only place I could find the Overnites in size 3 was diapers.com.  The bigger sizes are easier to find.
    Good luck
    PS - my favorite thing for diaper rash is Triple Paste - works really fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justwhatithought. Show justwhatithought's posts

I've been using Baby Dry for 2and a half years. They're the best for leaks, but I've noticed my son has a rash around the leg area and around his waistline. I wasnt sure what it was but I've been using cortizone on it and it seems to dissipate. Other than that, no unusual rashes. They're the best I've tried so far, my little boy seems to leak through everything else, especially at night! If anyone else has any suggestions on better diapers for nighttime please let me know!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

So Dry Max and Baby Dry are NOT the same? is Dry Max still on the market?

I looked for the Huggies Overnites, I can't find them anywhere! Well, OK. I looked at BJs and Foodmaster...I guess I could try harder...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

oh and nene our pedi told us the samet hing. I need to be better about it but I do try and put the vaseline on. I have been doing it religiously the last few days, and so has daycare so hopefully that will help!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

I second Lily - I've used almost all of the Pampers diapers and haven't had a problem.  Pretty sure DryMax is still on the market - I think its in the Cruisers DS is wearing right now.  I buy Huggies Overnights - size 4 - at Babies R Us.  We use one every night and so far, no wet bed or baby!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

OK I'll check out BRU, thanks!

I'm  going to experiment a few days w/o the baby dry to see if that is possibly the cause. I'm not fully convinced, but DH is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

In Response to Re: Pampers Baby Dry:
    [QUOTE]I looked for the Huggies Overnites, I can't find them anywhere! Well, OK. I looked at BJs and Foodmaster...I guess I could try harder...
    Posted by SilverFestiva[/QUOTE]
    Diapers.com and amazon.  Starting at size 3.  Free 2 day delivery if you spend $49.00 at diapers.com.  Pretty easy to do since they have so much stuff - feeding, nursing, clothes, toys, books etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

You can also get a diaper subscription through Amazon - I think for a case of size 3 it was 32.00

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Yes - Amazon mom looks amazing.  Free delivery on everything and you can sign up for auto-delivery of diapers, wipes etc.
    I'd do it except I'm hoping to train DD soon and hopefully DS will follow soon after.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Stop and Shop almost always had Huggies overnites - including size 3.  Pampers is so confusing.... There is their less expensive line, Pampers Baby Dry which pretty much comes in Size 1+.  Those are the aqua-colored pampers packages.  There is their "premium" lines which both have "Dry Max" technology:  Swaddlers (yellow package) in size N-2, Cruisers (purple package) in Size 3+.  Then, if you want the "premium" diapers without Dry Max, they have Swaddlers "Sensitive" and I think they even still have Cruisers "Ultra Absorbency" at a few retailers.  Makes sense, doesn't it? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

If you get overnight leaks due to volume, not diaper fit, you could try Diaper Doublers if they are still around--they are basically the same thing as a Poise pad or old fashioned nonstick maxi pad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Another shout-out to amazon.com moms.  Use subscribe and save and you get 30% off your diapers!!!

We use luvs.  I used to buy pampers for my daughter but then with my son we went with luvs from the beginning.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I agree with MM - Pampers has so many variations of styles for each size.  I typically buy based on the most diapers per box.  We pretty much have always used Pampers because both kids have very sensitive skin and since thats what they started with in the hospital that's what we have stuck with.  I did use overnight diapers for a while and found them at Stop and Shop.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

We have not had a problem with a diaper and rashes - though we do love the Huggies for overnites.  DS gets the diaper rash periodically depending on food he has eaten and we found Boudreaux's butt paste works great but also applying a small amount of original mylanta or maloxx after a bm to help neutralize the acidity so it prevents the redness which is like a small burn.  This was recommended to us by our Pedi and it works.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from savvyshopper926. Show savvyshopper926's posts

Pampers Baby Dry does not have the dry max in them.  I use the Baby Dry during the day and at night I use the Huggies Overnights.  I buy the huggies overnights at Target. 

We also use destin at every diaper change to prevent a rash from forming.  The only reason I do this is because when DD was 2 months old she got a very bad rash that we need a prescription cream to get rid of.  I told myself that I never wanted her to suffer through anything like that again so I am paranoid and load her up with destin each change.  She hasn't had a rash since and she is now 20 mths old.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

We had rashes with both Dry Max and Baby Dry. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

OK, this may sound gross to some of you, but DD has never had more than some occassional redness....

I don't use wipes when it's just urine. We just take off the diaper, let her air out and put on a fresh diaper, sometimes we might give her a spray of water from the spray bottle on the changing table, but that's it for pee. I read this article about how urine provides cleansing and disinfecting and also balances Ph. in the diaper area.

We encounter problems and redness when someone uses lots of wipes - but for the record we use cloth diapers (my mom has her two days a week and uses Pampers Dry Max on those days - that's when we usually get the redness).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

ML - I actually recently started doing the same thing!  It occurred to me that I just don't see the need to use a wipe when it's just pee. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnFox8011. Show AnnFox8011's posts

The best diapers out there, for us, are the cheap Target brand diapers! I find them to be superior to Pampers, which I am hesitant to use because of the Dry Max situation. Target brand diapers have never leaked for us--we use them day and night, and love them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I don't usually wipe my twins when they are just wet either.  I do first thing in the morning since they've been wearing that diaper all night. But during they day I just change and go.
    The only time we've had any bad rashes is then they've gotten a virus and had diarrhea. Learned really fast to make sure and lube them up with Vaseline or Aquaphor at the first sign of a virus.

Sections
Shortcuts