Pediatricians on the South Shore?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dz76. Show dz76's posts

Pediatricians on the South Shore?

I'm thinking about looking for a new pedi. Now that we have 3 kids under 3, I'm seeing more of their pedi than I care to.  She is nice enough and an OK doctor (although my entire family calls her the bottle nazi since she was obsessed with DD being off them by 12 months which of course I lied to her about at the 15 month appointment so I wouldn't have to hear the pedi's lecture again) but she is just not a great fit (actually too over the top pro-active) for my husband and I which we've known since 2.5 y/o was born but DD was so healthy we never had any issues.

With the twins, there are a few more issues (nothing life threatening) but what's pushed me over the edge was the certified letter she sent asking us to call about why we hadn't scheduled an x-ray of their hips as she recommended at their 4 month appointment.  After the appointment, I realized I wasn't comfortable with an x-ray for something so unlikely (their 6 week ultrasound of their hip sockets was perfect and they love to stand up with a little help) so I was going to discuss it at their next appointment.

So, does anyone have a pedi in the Weymouth area who is down to earth and has good office hours?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Re: Pediatricians on the South Shore?

I bring DD to Abington Pediatrics and I like them.  They have good hours (open after 5 and some weekend hours too).  There are two female pediatricians, Dr Fernandez and Dr Massey, I prefer Dr Massey.  I have not had any issues with DD (knock on wood) other than colds, ear infections, and viruses.  Dr Massey is proactive but not over the top.

I have some friends that go through South Shore Medical Center and really like them and other that are very happy with Milton Pediatrics which I believe is on Wood Rd in Braintree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

We go to Harvard Vanguard in Quincy. I know they have offices in Braintree as well, but not sure about Weymouth, or if either of those towns is good enough. We see Dr. Anchan, and I like her a lot. She also wanted DD off the bottle at 1, but wasn't so militant about it. By 18 months, DD was off the bottle, but still having a sippy cup at bedtime, and she was OK with that (with a recommendation that we brush teeth after). She has been very responsive to my concerns, and is helpful without being overbearing. She also spends as much time with us as we need (very important in those first few months when every visit brought a list of new questions).

I have also seen the nurse practionner and another doctor when we brought DD in for sick visits, and they were also good, but since I don't see them routinely, I have less of a feel for their styles. I have never had a problem getting in to be seen, although sometimes the wait can be a little long if you aren't an early morning appointment. I think that is the downside of the docs and nurses being willing to answer all of your concerns - they get behind really easily.
    They also have a great 24 hour phone line, where you can call and a nurse will try and answer your questions, or let you know if you should bring your child in.
    HTH

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Not sure if it is too far for you, but we go to Scituate Pediatrics and think it is a really good group of doctors.  They are very good there and seem to have just the right amount of concern when it is appropriate, but don't sweat the small stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

We go to the Harvard Vanguard in Braintree, Dr. Guarnotta.  We love him, he's very laid back and friendly and good with our daughter.  The nurses and nurse practitioners are all nice there, too (for those evenings when you need urgent care!  ugh, toddlers and their daycare germs!).  I appreciate he's a "wait and see" kind of doctor most of the time, not one to overreact or be pushy about treatments, but he's very attentive and listens well and has NEVER been condescending or made me feel silly or stupid for being concerned about my daughter, no matter how little the symptom.  I think he is still accepting new patients; I'm not sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aidansmama. Show aidansmama's posts

I also go to Abington Peds - nice, small practice with good hours.  I actually prefer Dr. Fernandez, but that's mostly because I've primarily been with her since my son was born, but Dr. Massey is really nice too.  I think they're both young enough to be hip to current issues but they definitely have good experience under their belts.  We're really happy with them so far. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dz76. Show dz76's posts

Thanks for your help!!!

Abington Peds is right around the corner from us and I didn't even know it was there.  I'm going to call and check them out.

ALS - Scituate Peds is where I went while I was growing up :0