Pumping Causing Rash?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jennifer11. Show Jennifer11's posts

Pumping Causing Rash?

I have been pumping for the past few months with little issue.  However, in the past 2 weeks, I have developed a terrible, itchy painful rash on both of my breasts, right above the area where the pumping shield ends.  I haven't changed how I clean the shields, I'm using the same detergent, etc.  I have started to reduce the number of pumping sessions & the amount of time that I pump.  I am currently pumping three times a day for 15 minutes a session.  Has anyone else experienced such a rash?  It is really painful.  I was treating it with A&D ointment  but that is so smelly that I switched to Eucerin anti-itch lotion but the rash just seems to be getting worse and spreading.
    Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Re: Pumping Causing Rash?

You should head to the doctor and get checked for yeast.  If it is yeast, barrier ointments like A&D will make it worse.
    Best of luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Is it sort of peely, almost, like after a bad sunburn, in some areas but puffy and red and horribly itch in others?  That sounds like a yeast infection.  You should get it checked out.  The more it spreads the harder it will be to combat.  I imagine whatever it is will only get worse in warm weather (though at this point, it looks like it's going to be cold and nasty for a while longer).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Yes, go pick up some 7 day monistat and put it on your nipple and breast area, when you have a diagnosis from your doctor and it is yeast, call your pedi. It sounds like yeast, and you want to avoid giving your baby thrush and then you just keep passing it back and forth...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jennifer11. Show Jennifer11's posts

Thank you so much!  I have made an appoitnment with my doctor for this afternoon so hopefully, I can get it under control before it gets any worse.

Sections
Shortcuts