question on double stroller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

question on double stroller

HI guys

Boston.com didn't recognize me when i tried to log in.. yes, i guess it's been that long.  used to be JanBride long ago.  Anyway, I've periodically followed you guys and it's fun to read everyones updates of their little ones, although with work and a toddler, and a house (with improvements being made to it) and a husband, I just don't have much posting time these days but i always think of you all when i have questions and love seeing what people are up to when i have the time!  we are expecting #2 in just about 3 weeks.  the two kids will be only 19 1/2 months apart!  DS is growing like a weed though - 31 lbs and 34 1/2 inches at his 18 month appt.  He is starting a new daycare next week too, he had his first trial day last week.  we love him to pieces.  Not sure if we are having a boy or a girl with this next one but we're excited either way.  I had a question on double strollers.  we have a chicco keyfit 30 car seat and I'm looking for a double that will accomodate that seat as well as a 32 lb toddler but not spend a ton because once the baby is big enough to sit in a regular seat we have a baby jogger double to use (but of course it doesn't fit my car seat adapator for our single, and it's an old model i bought off craigs list and i can't find the double car seat adaptor for it).  do any of you have recommendations for a double stroller you liked that will accomodate the chicco key fit 30 carseat and a toddler? 

Thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: question on double stroller

JKF, before you invest in another stroller, I think you should try contacting Baby Jogger to see if you can find an adapter.  Maybe also contact a store like Magic Beans that specializes.  I don't think there are a lot of inexpensive doubles that also accept carseats, and of those, that accept Chicco.  Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer, but most of the inexpensive doubles are Graco or Baby Trend or Combi and they all have their own carseats, so no adapters for other brands.  I have a double bob and LOVE it but we use it with the Graco adapter.  I know they have a Chicco adapter, but it isn't an inexpensive stroller.  Baby Jogger is a highly reputable brand - I'd start with them.  Maybe they can recommend another model adapter or have some sort of retrofit kit to use the newer adapters on older models.  Is it a City Mini or one of their larger models?   If you have a good double that COULD potentially accept a carseat adapter, you may want to start there.  Otherwise, perhaps a Sit and Stand or Joovy Caboose might accept the Chicco infant carseat?  You could research their websites and see what carseats they accept and score one of those on craigslist.  Chicco doesn't make a double, correct?  You could also try bringing your carseat into BuyBuy Baby or BRU and seeing if they have awareness of it fitting into any less expenseive doubles.  Last resort might be a double that is lightweight but has full recline and therefore could be used for an infant without an adapter.  You could look at Maclarens - perhaps a used one - or otherwise Combi has a lightweight one.  There's always a tandem Graco, those are probably full-recline for NBs.  Definitely not as convenient as using the carseat, but maybe an option. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

A double stroller that fits chicco and not expensive...not an easy thing to find.

http://www.amazon.com/Contours-Optima-Aluminum-Tandem-Stroller/dp/B004WI2XU6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346161222&sr=8-1&keywords=kolcraft+contours+double+stroller is one option-though this is a really long stroller

The joovy sit and stand one will fit chicco-but is really long when folded-not sure it will easily fit in a sedan trunk.

Chicco has a double stroller now.
    http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/strollers/cortina-together/cortina-together-cubes.aspx

The britax b-ready can be a double stroller-but that's not cheap. But the B-nimble umbrella stroller can fit a car seat...it's just not a double stroller. You might find other double umbrellas that will be wide enough for a car seat to fit...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marriedmom. Show marriedmom's posts

I can confirm the the Joovy caboose fits in a sedan trunk. It fits in my Elantra. I will say that unless he is very tame, that might not be a perfect solution for an 18mo old b/c with the carseat in place the seat is reclined, which leaves room for a kid to stand easily, but the bigger kid is really cramped if they want to sit or if you want them buckled in. My kids are 2.5y apart, and I would say my son was on the cusp of being able to stand safely and ride around when we got it. That said, I do love that stroller and highly recommend it if you think your son can manage on it. Otherwise, maybe look into a sit-n-stand that also works as a true double and converts to s-n-s when you are ready. I am a big fan of sit-n-stands b/c you get years of use from them. My 5yo still likes to use the stand-up part.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Thanks everyone!  I got an older joovy sit and stand as well at a mother's sale for a great price and it's in wonderful shape but my DS is a little young for it at present..  I'm going to look into the double baby jogger adaptor too.. might be worth it.  I can also carry the baby in the ergo for a few months if i have my son and we walk to the park or something.  That may be the best option to start, and on days when it's just me and the baby I have my other baby jogger I can put my single chicco car seat adaptor on or use the snap n go.  the baby jogger reclines fully too so you can use it for an infant, i just don't feel comfortable without the bucket for the first couple months..  On another note, a friend may lend me their jeep tandem double (she has moved onto the joovy caboose now since her girls are older) and it does accomodate the chicco car seat!  and it's actually only $170 at walmart so if i like hers I may just buy it!