Recommendations for fun activities/classes for Infants/Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Recommendations for fun activities/classes for Infants/Toddlers

Hi Ladies,

I'm looking for some fun classes or activities for my DD (15 mo) that my DS (almost here) can possibly tag along to.  I'm thinking music and gym at least.  Any other recommendations?

I've heard of Warmlines in Newton for music.  Does anyone have any experience with this class?  I'd love feedback!

I also found "My Gym" in Framingham through google.  Any feedback?

We're in Metrowest (Sherborn) so Natick/Framingham/Wellesley/Newton area recs would be fab!

TIA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: Recommendations for fun activities/classes for Infants/Toddlers

We're longtime members of Gymboree Play and Music.  I'm on the So. Shore, so my location won't help, but I'm SURE there's ones up there near you.  A lot of gymboree satisfaction, as with any of these places, depends on the exact franchise owner, staff, etc.  The reason I chose gymboree over my gym was the liberal make-up policies they tend to have and their scheduling always worked well for us.  The good news is that most of these places offer free trial classes.  Sign up for a few different ones, enjoy some free fun, and then see who may have the best fit for you.  Good luck and enjoy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I have not been, but Isis has a "Take Two" class meant for people with a baby and an older one.  Best of luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I take DD to a music with me class that DS tags along to and it works out well.  We also go to the library story hours which are great!  We are on the south shore as well and hit different story hours around here.  I have found a couple that of the story hours are directed more towards under 3 year olds and that is super.  It is nice because the kids are not required to sit the whole time.  Another thing we were doing when DS was just born was going to a gymnastics school that had open play.  I'd put DS in the Bjorn and he got some cozy time while DD got to burn off energy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

I used to nanny for a family in Brookline and took thier son to this place called Creative Movement in Needham.  We took the music class and there were lot's of other parents and sitters with both toddlers and infants.  This was a couple of years ago but the guy who taught the class back then was really great with the kids.  He literally played every instrument imaginable.  They also have a gym with foam play tunnels and trampoline. There are "open gym" times throughout the day and I remember seeing lots of Moms and Dads with the baby strapped to their body while they played with the older child.

Here's the link:

http://centers.brighthorizons.com/cmac/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Try Music Together - see if there is a franchise in your area.  My sister took her daughter there, and def. had the baby brother with her when he was a baby, then as daughter grew out of it, son became the student...  they did this for a few years!

I went to a few when I was caring for my niece and i loved the classes - of course, with anything franchised it depends on the leader, but the concept of Music Together I really like - very few icky sweet songs on their tapes

(love ya, Raffi and Wee Songs for Wee People but after a while I just wanna SCREAM with all those little voices)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Sorry - We do Music together - not music with me - Ooops!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

Music Together is great, especially if you get a good instructor. We also loved Gymboree until about 3 years old, then The Little Gym for a few years after that.  

Added bonus...I met a group of 7 mothers at Gymboree when my oldest was an infant. We all had a second child, and had tons of awesome play dates, get togethers, birthday and holiday parties.  Though the gatherings are less frequent these days due to busy schedules and living in different towns, us parents and the kids are all great friends now, 10 years later!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

I also do music together with my DS and he loves it.  Even though I'm going back to work we are going to a Sat class starting in the fall.  We had tagalong simblings in our class all the time and it was fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from savvyshopper926. Show savvyshopper926's posts

I take my DD to "My Gym" in Norwell and she LOVES it.  My daughter is very shy and takes awhile to warm up wherever we go, even if she has been there before, but as soon as we walk in she says "Monkey Gym" (the mascot is a monkey) and she is ready to play!  The teachers are amazing and there is a good mix of play time with Mommy of Circle Time and they do seperation time where all the kids play together with there peers and teachers and the parents stand behind an orange line.  My daughter will bring me toys to "show" me and i say OOO that's nice, go play with your friends...and she goes back happily.  The first class is a trial class that is free so I highly recommend you do that.  You will get a good feel for the class and if your DD will like it.  They also offer a sibling class but I only have DD so I am not sure how that class is.  Good Luck!!