Rude Guests

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Rude Guests

So I had some women with young infants over this weekend, and they were just changing diapers and breastfeeding in my house instead of in their cars and letting their kids play with my daughter's toys. What should I have done? Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Re: Rude Guests

I would have taken my DH and LO and headed out to the nearest bar!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

You probably should have called the Department of Public Health to come and kick them out.  That's really gross.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

At least they didn't spit up continuously and screech at the top of their lungs. That definitely would have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I would have sent them packing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

ew, gross - doesn't sound like fun to me!  what were you thinking, letting them bang into your doorframe on the way in and clutter up the front hall with piles of infant seats and diaper bags?

I have to admit to having a moment of thinking uh oh, what did I do....  leave the water running, dishes in the living room, who knows!  when I go out in 'public' I realize how sleep deprived, forgetful and clumsy I have become.  it's not so apparent in my own house somehow :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They didn't ASK first?  That's so inconsiderate.  I don't think I'd have expected everyone to go out to the car, but I'd certainly expect them to be sensitive and ask what you preferred. 

You know, I was just visiting my friend who has a one month old DD, and she asked ME if I minded if she breastfed while I was there because she is just that considerate of other people's comfort and feelings.  In her own home.  (Of course, I said go right ahead in case you're wondering...)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Kar I think Benice was just having a little fun and wasn't too serious.  Of course she can correct me if I am wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Benice, did you invite them - or did they just show up?
    If you did invite them, I think you could have made arrangements for them for both BF as well as DC. I would not expect them to run out to their cars to do so. When ny nieces and nephew visit with their young ones, I make our guest room available for them. For diaper change I cut up a trash bag and spread it on the bed with another trash bag nearby for the dirty diapers. When they leave, I just collect everything and throw it away.
    If a bunch of women just showed up with their toddlers/infants in tow, they were ruder than rude. They should have asked you first if they could come, and while visiting they should have asked you, where they could change the diapers and where they could sit and BF. You also have the right to tell them, you prefer they use such and such room. It is your home. Hopefully, you will be better prepared the next time, this will happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

Funny, I was with a group of moms and babies yesterday!!!!!  Most moms were kind enough to go to another room to change their LO diapers....and there I am just doing right in the middle of everything!!!  At least it wasn't a dirty one!!       Oh, I brought some toys for DD to share and they sure did get passed around -- lots of chewing by everyone on those -- oh the horror of shared germs!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Scorpio, I was hoping, but then the responses seemed so serious...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Happy--I hope no one was eating anything within 50 ft of where you were! ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

You mean I'm supposed to take into account those around me???  Isn't it all about me and my baby!?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Happy--I think you should have gone door-to-door around the neighborhood and asked permission of everyone before even thinking about changing her diaper.  You really messed up  :P

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

I think all of that behaviour sounds fine; what I thought was really rude was when the older woman with no baby showed up and started telling us all what bad mothers we are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

I take it the get-together went well, ladies?  :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

It would never in a million years occur to me to leave someone's house and go to my car to change a child, or nurse, or bottle feed.

If you do not want it to happen, do not invite mothers with children to your home.

Any toys you do not want played with, put away.

I have never heard such a complaint in my life, excluding the Al Bundy's of this world.

It is courteous for someone to ask, where would you like me to sit to nurse?  I have offered a rocking chair in my bedroom or a study/den  for an option away from a noisy group, though saying they were welcome to do in where others were.   When I am expecting Moms with young kids, I always put out either a card table or set a particular place on a bathroom counter or bed.  A couple of Chux, or an old towel on a piece of plastic will do.  Have a plastic bag at hand for disposables.

Preparing for diaper changes is as fundamental a hostess duty as brewing coffee.

The idea of even thinking people will go out to a 30 degree car and undress a baby?  Shame on you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

How many people will read this thread and ignor the blatant smiley face with the tongue sticking out indicating that this post was posted with a bit of sass/sarcasm or being done tongue in cheek?

Get a grip.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

It did take me a minute but then I got it...too funny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Honestly, I did not notice.  Sorry.
    Some of the fitness people at the rehab place think PT's and OT's should send women to their cars to nurse, rather than in the women's lounge, which has comfortable armchairs.

I guess I have gotten thin skinned about it.  Especially since I faced off with a staff yelling at a patient who comes for PT after a stroke during childbirth, who was nursing between exercises and her whirlpool exercise.  The baby needs PT too. 
    I think the posters over the rocking chairs should have clued people in.
    The captions for the 6 posters:
    The only food group your baby needs.
    This union offers security, no dues, and great benefits.
    Free hookup with every delivery.
    A breastfeeding baby leaves fewer leftovers.
    Fast food outlets.
    Sometimes it’s okay to ****  up to the boss.

I doubt the pictures would pass here.  (Turns out 1 caption word starting with s and ending with k did not.)

My apologies.  Wag

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I noticed the tongue face, but I thought it indicated extreme disgust. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wag, sorry to have thrown you off!

Regarding the breastfeeding at your work- as if when us mothers are  nursing - we're just letting it all hang out for the world to see, good for you for chewing out your coworker - breastfeeding in the car is a total pain especially now that my DD is getting longer and likes to stretch out. And changing a diaper in a car is basically impossible now that baby carriers come with the "base" that stays in the car.

It was totally tongue-in-cheek based on some of the comments that non-moms have thrown onto these boards recently. I figured enough people knew me on here to know I was just joking around regarding our a recent moms get-together.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Not a mom, and I had no idea about your get-together, but I knew you were kidding!  Lighten up ladies :-)