Second-Hand Strollers, Etc.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Second-Hand Strollers, Etc.

Hi, all!  

My best buddy is considering buying a second-hand stroller, and I told her I read on here about some good spots for finding such goodies.  Of course, now, I can't remember any of the names or links.  

Anyone know of great consignment shops she can visit?  And how about info for those sales held by the moms of twins club(s) around here?  

Thank you!!

PS -  I will do some Googling, too, but y'all give better advice than any old search engine.  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

Re: Second-Hand Strollers, Etc.

The Children's Orchard is a good second hand store for kids stuff.  I've only been to the one in Brookline, it's small but it has a nice selection of clothes, toys and gear at reasonable prices.  I checked their website and apparently there's others in MA. Check their site for more info:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Most of the Mothers of Twins clubs in the area have already had their Fall Sales and won't have their Spring Sales until March or April 2011. 

www.mmota.org has a list of all the local clubs, and when the time gets closer, you should be able to get info about upcoming tag sales and/or link to the individual clubs' websites to get info about them.

I have bought things at the past 4 sales my MOT group has had and have sold at the past 2 sales.  They're a great place to buy gently-used clothes, toys, and equipment.  The clubs have fairly stringent rules about what can and cannot be sold and, at least for the club I belong to, we have to sign a statement that we're not selling anything that's been recalled, broken or in otherwise unusable condition. 

I highly recommend buying things second-hand whenever possible.  Things are so expensive new, and if you can buy something second-hand that is still in good condition at half the original price or less, it's a great way to save money.  Good luck to your friend!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thank you both so much!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jettagirl78. Show jettagirl78's posts

I found my jogger on craigslist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

I don't know where you live, but Kid to Kid in Natick (on Route 9 near the Wellesley line) is a great consignment shop for all kinds of kids' gear. They often have a decent selection of strollers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

http://www.thechildrensclothesline.com/

I went to the spring sale and it was pretty good. They had a lot their in addition to clothes.  The second Fall sale is this Saturday and I remember they had many stollers, high chairs, exersaucer's, etc...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thanks, ladies!  I'm passing all this along to my friend.  Much appreciated.