Sesame Place

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Sesame Place

DD will be 3 in September and DS will be 1 in June....I'd like to take them to Sesame Place this summer and I'm trying to figure out how much of the park DD will be able to enjoy... Has anyone been with a 2 year old-is it worth it? My "plan" is to try for #3 toward the end of this year so next summer I could be rather pregnant and might not be interested in doing a trip like that. Thoughts? suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

Re: Sesame Place

We LOVE Sesame Place.  My kids are turning 10 and 12 this year. We went when my first son was 22 months and I was 8 months pregnant, then for the next 8 years after that(believe it or not)! lol  They have some big slides and water rides, a roller coaster, etc. that we built up to over the years, but there is still plenty to do for the younger ages, particularly if the kids love Sesame characters. They have a few shows, which was basically all we did the very first time, and it was worth it just to see the excitement on my son's face seeing Big Bird and Elmo's World Live.  There are photos and meals with the characters, a twice daily parade, some small water play areas for little ones, and a few mild rides. We went from staying 5 hours with a 22 month old, to using the two-day pass a couple of years later.  

They have water rides that are fun for adults and older kids, but we clearly had the oldest children in the place that last couple of times, who did not have a toddler sibling with them!  We were all sad to skip it last summer, as we've had so much fun and good memories there, but unfortunately, it's time to move on. Although, we went to Sea World in San Diego last August, and the kids were happy to see that they had a small Sesame Street section there (both parks are both owned by Busch Gardens), and happily waited in line to get a picture with Elmo (for like the millionth time)!  My 11 year old is 5'1", very mature, and has loved things like Harry Potter since the first grade, but still has soft spot for Elmo. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Thanks, Michelle! Do you have hotel suggestion or sleeping arrangement suggestion? Restaurants etc?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

I recently took my 3.5 year old to the Sesame Street show here in Boston.  It's just a show and not a theme park, but even that was a little much for him, and he's not a particularly sensitive kid.  The noise and crowd was a lot for a relatively little guy.  He enjoyed it, but I could see that the scale was a bit overwhelming.

One thing I like about this age is that smaller (and sometimes cheaper) adventures are just as good, if not better, so consider some smaller scale options and maybe save Sesamee Place for when they'd be old enough to really enjoy and remember it.

I'm not saying don't go to Sesamee Place, just have realistic expectations about the experience.  Plan for potentially shorter periods in the park, breaks for rest and naps, think ahead about food and drinks etc. and if that still sounds good, then hit the road.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

We went to Sesame Live and she really liked it! We took her to the Ringling Bros circus last October and she loved that too. My thought is that next summer I could be 8+ months pregnant and not really interested in swelling my ankles up walking around...we never go on vacation so I'm looking forward to getting out of New England and doing something she'd enjoy.

Sections
Shortcuts