Shoes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaylake. Show jaylake's posts

Shoes

Can anyone recommend a good website for buying shoes??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: Shoes

What kind of shoes?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaylake. Show jaylake's posts

Shoes for a 12 month old boy..probably size 4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

Piperlime & Stride Rite come to mind...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Zappos has free, no hassle returns, and generally a lot of reviews.  I haven't ordered kids' shoes from there, but a quick search of their inventory yielded almost 3000 pairs of boys' shoes that come in size 4.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Amazon has great sales on shoes, but you have to be sure about the size or buy larger. For instance, our daughter takes a size 6 Stride Rite, but when I ordered size 6 Kid Express shoes they were huge. For an early walker, you want to be careful about what sort of shoes you buy. Our pediatrician recommended Stride Rite -- you can always get the kid's feet measured there and then search for bargains online. I've also heard good things about pediped and see kai run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

If these are the first shoes you are buying, I would suggest going to the store and having your child's feet measured.  Sizes vary widely between brands, so you can't be sure which size you need unless you know what brand.  For example, my daughter wears a size 5.5-6 in Stride Rite, but a 4.5 in Clark's (they do British sizing) As far as I am concerned, the best shoes for pre-walkers and new walkers are Stride Rite, Pediped, and Clark's.  We never tired the See Kai Run shoes, but people like them a lot.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The thing I like about Zappos is that customers are encouraged to rate if the shoe is "true to size" - if 80% of them say shoe felt "1/2 size larger than marked" I do well to order a half size down, for instance.  And, there are free returns so no risk.  Just slap the box together and stick the return label on there and it's done.  Look at what other parents are saying for those shoes and you'll have a good chance of hitting it right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

If he is just learning how to walk I was told softbottom shoes or barefeet are the best.  My DD wore Robeez.  They are a bit expensive but if you go to their website they have many on sale.

For outside shoes, early on in DD walking stage, we just used supportive sneakers, like nike, or new balance.  They worked just fine. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnFox8011. Show AnnFox8011's posts

Piperlime.com is great--free shipping both ways, and you can buy a few sizes of the same shoe, keep the size you want, and return the other unwanted sizes free of charge.