Sittercity or Care.com - anyone use them to find a Nanny?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMcW. Show JMcW's posts

Sittercity or Care.com - anyone use them to find a Nanny?

Hi - has anyone had luck with Sittercity or Care.com? I'm looking for a nanny and have no experience with these sites. Is one better than the other? Tips? I would love advice from those who have used them - successfully or not. Any other options for reasonable nanny services (I'm on the North Shore)? Daycare is not an option due to $ (3 under 3).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTMum. Show CTMum's posts

Re: Sittercity or Care.com - anyone use them to find a Nanny?

I'm in the process of a nanny search.  While I'm in Connecticut, perhaps my experience might still be helpful. I have posted on Care.com, SitterCity and Craig's List. I've received an overwhelming response (50+) on Care.com with the vast majority of whom are very qualified and interesting applicants. I've received a handful of responses (10 or so) on SitterCity, about half of whom are qualified responses.  I've received a few responses on Craig's List, only one of whom I am interested in interviewing.

This is a stark contrast to my last search (3 years ago) when I posted on Craig's List and SitterCity, as well as used a nanny agency.  Back then, the most qualified applicants (and our eventual nanny) came from Craig's List.  

Good luck in your search!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

I've used Care.Com for finding a regular sitter.  It worked out great.  I liked the search options, background checks, and other features on that program a little bit better than sitter city.
    Good luck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbkp. Show kbkp's posts

I am in the process of looking for a full-time nanny and I like care.com better. I am using both...but I like the format and the way information is presented and the background check access that care.com has.

You will start to see similar candidates and both sites are useful, I guess it's also personal preference. Be ready to be overwhelmed in terms of emails...I had about 25 messages in only a few days for my post on care.com. So people are out there and it's time consuming to go through them all...but it's worth it.

Good luck!

Sections
Shortcuts