Skinny pajamas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Skinny pajamas?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend baby pajamas that are long but fit snugly around.
    Our LO (7 months old) is not super skinny, but right now all her pajamas are Carters 6 month size (both her grandmothers live near outlet stores so we get a lot of Carters...)
    and her feet are starting to push against the bottoms, but at the same time I could almost fit two of her in the belly part.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's safer for pajamas to be snug, but not sure how to achieve this.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: Skinny pajamas?

Carters has snug fit pjs (one-piece zip-up -- the ones with snaps were loose) that fit our 3rd/90th percentile weight/height daughter pretty well.

The cotton ones are snug; the fleece are loose (they have flame-retardent stuff in them).

The skinniest pjs I found were from the Children's Place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

There they are: http://www.carters.com/carters/Ladybug-Snug-Fit-Cotton-Pj%27s/V_330-331,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-pajamas

You want the ones specifically called "snug fit." The other pjs, and the sleep'n'plays, will be really baggy and twisty.

They also make really great snug-fit onesies in long and short-sleeve -- you'll want the multi-packs as the individual ones will be too baggy.

When summer comes, keep an eye out for their "3-piece sets" http://www.carters.com/carters/Orange-Pink-3-Piece-Set/V_121-668,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-baby-girl-sets. They don't look like much on the hanger, but they are the CUTEST thing ever on a skinny baby. The bottoms never fit my daughter, but we'd substitute a diaper cover from some other outfit and just use the top. The sunsuits are amazing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Thanks, Lemon!  And what a cutie!

Yes, our stuff seems to be either the fleece ones or the sleep and plays.  Definitely baggy and twisty!

How do I know if pajamas have flame retardant chemicals?  I don't want those... but things don't seem to be marked if they have them or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

They're usually marked, but as a rule they're either form-fitting or flame retardent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

wow lemon your daughter is beautiful!! :) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Thanks! She's even prettier now (and no longer cross-eyed).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongirl88. Show bostongirl88's posts

Hanna Anderson PJs are really "skinny". They don't have the feeties though. I love them because my son loves to suck his toes!
    http://www.hannaandersson.com/category.asp?id=baby_sleepwear&cm_re=Spring%202011-_-Mouse%20Over%20Navigation-_-Baby%20Sleepwear

They have a Hanna Anderson at the Burlington and Natick malls. There's also an outlet at Kittery Outlets where you can get their PJs for $10 each. Nordstrom sells their brand as well.

Also, regarding Carters, I was at Wrentham and asked the store associate at Carters if there was another Carters outlet around and she said that the prices at the "outlets" are the same as the regular stores, so it's not really cheaper even though you are buying at an outlet. Just wanted to let you know too in case there's a Carter's near you. I know there's one at Wayside Commons and one in Medford near Wellington Station.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I had the exact opposite experience with Hannas -- they were so baggy on my daughter we couldn't wear any of the bottoms. Even now that she's hit the 20th percentile for weight (22 lbs!) she can't wear above an 80 in the pants (she's wearing a 100  in tops) and they still fall off her. I love HA and it's one of my favorite brands, but I don't think it's the right cut for the very skinny baby.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Thanks for the info.  The Carters in Medford is one of our grandmother hot spots -- I guess I refer to all of them as outlets??  But someone else did tip me off too that they are sometimes even cheaper at BRU or Kohl's then at the actual Carters.  (Although I am self-banished from Kohl's after a tiny altercation with an extremely rude woman who worked there.)

I might try the HA because that outlet in Kittery has amazing deals.  I got a holiday dress there for $5 that everyone thought was an heirloom.  But the only onesie we have from there is definitely too wide.  Plus the neck is so enormous it's always turning into an off the shoulder shirt.  She looks like she's in Fame.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KANN29. Show KANN29's posts

The pjs at Childrens Place are the skinniest I have seen.  I can't squeeze my chubby 5 month olds into them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

I don't have a skinny baby but wanted to say your daughter is adorable Lemon! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

what she lacks in quanity she makes up for in quality!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: Skinny pajamas?:
    The pjs at Childrens Place are the skinniest I have seen.  I can't squeeze my chubby 5 month olds into them.
    Posted by KANN29

I concur. I don't have additional info on them, though, because ours were hand-me-downs so I didn't purchase them myself. I do remember them being the zip kind. That seems to be the secret -- the zip.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

target/circo makes some really skinny cotton ones... almost too skinny for my skinny 3 yo, but they make 'em in small sizes too, and best of all - they're cheap!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

If you hit the Carter's sales and ask for a coupon, their PJs are cheaper than Circo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

gerber makes skinny onesies.  Their fuzzy footie pajamas certainly run smaller than other brands, though not quite as skinny as the children's place.  The other good thing about the children's place pajamas are they have that little bit of light elastic at the ankles so the kid can't escape as well from the foot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

I don't have a skinny kid... but the actual pj's (skinny fabric with no feet) that i have gotten at the gap and oshkosh have a lot of stretch. although they look adorable on the hanger, once we squeeze them on our child, the fabric gets all stretched out looking. although I assume they are flame retardant free because they are soooo snug, these are not very wintery...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Childrens Place cotton PJ's with the feet are by far the skinnest ones I have seen.  DD also wears the two peice cotton ones with no feet from Old Navy and the Gap that are pretty tight.  They do get stretched out more than the ones from the childrens place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Another tip for skinnies -- baby Gap makes really great skinny jeans that actually fit (we had to buy a size down, but they're made long so they weren't high waters).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Old Navy has skinny "snug fit" pj's at good prices too.  I do all my shopping online for my twins.  Often you can get them for around $10.00.
    I know they make pj's snug fit or flame retardant.  Why is this only for pajamas?  Won't regular clothes catch fire too?  And isn't baby more likely to be in the kitchen when he/she is dressed?  I've just never understood this. The only thing I can think is that it's a throw back to the 70's when they made pj's out of that polyester that would melt.  I remember thinking it was so cool that it would fuse if you spilled nail polish remover on it. (When I was about 10 - not a baby!)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Are Old Navy PJs skinny? The fleece and knit pants I have from there definitely are NOT. DD was wearing Old Navy fleece pants yesterday, and she looked like all the teenage boys with the crotch around her knees! I kept yanking them up and they kept sliding down.

Sections
Shortcuts