So How's your day going?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

So How's your day going?

DD woke up at 5:30am screaming that her bed was wet. Her pullup had leaked. DS woke up with the noise and we were all up for the day. At 6:30 he peed in the learning tower while I was emptying the dishwasher. I made him help me clean it up since it's happened 3 times in the last 5 days - big battle about how "I don't want to clean pee-pee." (Guess what? I don't either)
    After DH left for work around 7:30 I went up to strip DD's bed and get the laundry together. While I was in the basement loading the machine DS peed all over the kitchen floor and then fell in it. When I got back upstairs he was screaming and covered in pee. He fell into my arms so now I'm covered in pee. I've washed the kitchen floor, given both twins a bath in the sink and dressed them. It's 8:25am. Just enough time for me to get dressed and load them in the car to go to plalygroup.
    How's your day going? :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Re: So How's your day going?

Lily, what a way to start the day. You deserve a fancy coffee and a time out.

My husband sent me a picture of my daughter coloring the wall in the playroom. He went to make coffee and left her unsupervised with the crayons. If that wasn't bad enough, she was still wearing her coat from an hour earlier when they drove me to the train station.

Mama said there would be days like this!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Oh Miss Lily - when it rains it pours!

God I love diapers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Oh Lily, that's awful!!  Things can only go up from here, right?  At least you have a playgroup so you can get out of the house for awhile. 

My dd was in a terrible mood this morning, didn't want to change out of her PJ's and when I finally wrestled her into clothes she would have no part in letting me put her hair up or even brush it.  So I dropped her at daycare this morning with tear stained cheeks, a birds nest on top of her head and clutching half a piece of toast from her breakfast that she refused to eat at home.  Good thing our provider knows me pretty well.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Oh dear... so sorry Lily.  What a drama-filled morning.  I second that I'm glad you were at least able to get out of the house, and yes, hopefully got a yummy coffee.  Rama... funny imaging the bird's nest.  And ML... I can totally sympathize in seeing the coat still on with daddy... my DH would totally be doing that.

Must be something about the day.  My DS may have that viral hand foot thing as he's got a rash from head to toe.  Very predominant around his mouth and feet.  Daycare yesterday said it was going around.  Great.  So, he was insanely itchy last night... didn't fall asleep until 9pm, woke up screaming at 12am and was up until 3:30am.  I tried everything.  Rocking, new diapers several times, finally threw him in the bath, new diaper again and new PJs.  Brought him into my bed (a no no in my house) and he finally fell asleep on top of me at 3:30.  That 5am alarm clock was just ridiculous.  So I'm going on maybe 3 hours of sleep.  Good grief.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

Aw, hugs to all of you! I hope things go better as the day goes on. Now that my kids are in school, I sometimes miss the days when we were all here together. Then I hear stories like yours and decide maybe not entirely. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Thanks Some-guy.  I did just chat with the doc and she said hand, foot and mouth is very common this time of year, and he probably did get it at daycare.  Children apparently exchange all these lovely viruses so easily.  Since his fever is gone, they don't need to see him.  Just gave me some treatment options (more for his comfort... the virus has to go on its own).  Hope everyone's day improves.  The sun should be coming out soon, and then we are in for 4-5 really awesome days.  So that is something to look forward to!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Oh no! Hope your day improves!
    What's up with the leaky pull ups? We had a leaky pull up incident on Mother's Day, involving #2. We had to pull over the car and clean up my daughter and the car seat as best we could. Happy Mother's Day to me! (it was actually a very nice day otherwise).

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Miss Lily, It's 9:30 AM - do you have any pee on you yet today? :)

Hope you are having a better day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I dont think HFM Virus is a big deal.  DD must have had it last year, I did not know and then oddly enough I got it.  I remember these little bumps in my mouth, then on my hands and feet and obviously I put 2 and 2 together. I went to the doctor and they confirmed but it is very rare for an adult to have.  Anyway, it went away in about 3 days.  Besides the bumps that is all I remember happening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I think HFM can really vary - I have known other kids who were just miserable - wouldn't eat or drink, et cetera.

Misslily - I hope you're having a better day!  (You too, Quad, I read your post on the other thread!)  (And you, IPW!)

And can I just say - I'm so jealous you have the Learning Tower!  I only recently saw that thing for the first time at a friend's house and it is AMAZING.  DD loved it and so did I.  We just don't have room in our kitchen, though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Much better today. No pee pee incidents. Went to the store at 8:15 and came home around 9:30. Interviewed a mother's helper from Sittercity at 10:00.Going to interview two others early next week. Definitely want some one two afternoons a week to help take the load off a little.
    Kids playing in the sandbox out in the yard. What a beautiful day!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Med - I think One Step Ahead has a learning tower that folds up.  Have a look at www.onestepahead.com.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Could have been worse..........could have puked on you!

I can deal with pp....my daughter once p00ped under the kitchen table while I was eating breakfast! - love telling her that story now that she's in her teens...LOL

NOTE: I have been puked on, p'd on and pooped on (while changing a diaper!) and if I had to do it all over again........I gladly would! Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I've had all those things happen too.  It just seemed to be never ending the other day.
    comical more than anything else. Thought the other mommies...and a few daddies would get a kick out of it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: So How's your day going?:
    I've had all those things happen too.  It just seemed to be never ending the other day. comical more than anything else. Thought the other mommies...and a few daddies would get a kick out of it.
    Posted by misslily

Got a huge chuckle because it reminded me of "those day's" and your response was the same as mine!

Enjoy it all while you can......the roller coaster ride is just beginning!

And trust me, you CAN wait for the teen years.....I won't give any secrets away but right now is the easy part!

I wish you the best of luck!

Wink

The other day I told my buddy I got a dog for my kid's, my buddy replied...."sounds like a good trade!"

Sections
Shortcuts