Strollers - bugaboo? let me hear it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: Strollers - bugaboo? let me hear it

Hi Lesal
    I don't know if this helps, but are some BOB observations.  This stroller is very easy to maneuver.  If it were up to my husband, it would be our only stroller and I do have a friend who this is her absolute only stroller.  She just used the adapter for infancy.  The only reason it isn't our only one is b/c it does take up a ton of trunk space even though it folds.  You could take this anywhere, but if you are loading other packages or traveling, then it may pose a problem.  I don't find it too big too maneuver out though.  The only place I might not use it is clothes shopping, where the rows are so tight.  That's why having the option of a snap n' go for infancy and an umbrella later on are really great - easier for certain stores, more compact, etc.  But, if you want to roam the neighborhood, hit up CVS, the coffee shop, grab a sandwich, but also hit some rough terrain, the BOB can do all that without difficulty.  I do all those things pretty regularly with the BOB.  We were just at in CA and hit Disney one day (without baby!  oh the guilt!) and BOB is the "it" stroller out there apparently.  You would not believe the amount of people at Disney and the San Diego Zoo with BOBs, tragging them onto trams, using them for everything.  It is definitely a very versatile stroller, especially with the car seat adapter.  I hope this helps!     
    Edit:  I am mortified by the amount of type-os I continually post on here!  Sorry all!  I just type really fast and my brain does not always keep up with proper spelling or grammar.  My mother would have a fit if she new.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I saw a news story once that the average family owns 12 strollers over time.  While that is a ton of strollers I can see it happening.  To date I have not found a actual all purpose stroller.  We recently acquired our 4th stroller - a jogger.  We started with a Peg Perego 5 years ago (which was pretty top of the line available then), then got a Chicco umbrella when our toddler decided not to sit for long in the stroller.  A baby #2 used a borrowed snap and go (which was AWESOME.  I highly recommend it), the Perego for a short time and then we got the jogger which I used daily.  I never thought I would need a jogger as I don't jog but it rides sooo smoothly over any terrain.  We have horrible side walks.  I think you need to consider what your routine will be and spend the money on the high quality stroller that you will use daily.  If that is the jogger then go for it.  If it is a standard stroller then go for that.  Keep in mind that the stroller you love today might not be the best thing for you in a few years. (this is from a mom who has a $360 Perego stroller collecting dust in her garage...)  Best of luck in your search!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

thanks for all the umbrella recommendations, and ES - I will look at the Loola too, sounds like you really love it!

and thanks MM, for the BOB feedback.  I think the BOB stroller just gets bigger and bigger in my memory as I second-guess my decision :)  I'm visualizing this monster stroller that I won't even be able to get through the door into a sandwich shop or starbucks.  It would be great if it could be our go-to stroller until we're ready for an umbrella type.  I'm glad to hear it handles the neighborhood stroll, including CVS and a coffee shop because that is exactly what I will be doing on many days coming up soon.  I hope those Bundlemes are really warm because I am going to need to get out walking as soon as possible :)

I am also appalled at my typos and grammar errors these days, not just here but in my emails too.  I blame sneaking it in at work and going too fast!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

OMG my edit about typing errors had an error!  I wrote "new" instead of "knew."  How ironic and embarassing.  At least those of you currently expecting can blame it on baby brain.  Perhaps I can blame it on lack of sleep as DS has begun waking multiple times at night again.  Ok, my new goal is to proof my posts!  
    Lesal, glad the BOB info was helpful.  I think you and BOB will be very happy ;)   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileyd. Show smileyd's posts

Sorry for the confusion, I don't consider the snap 'n go a stroller since it's just a metal frame and once you're done with it, put it away i nthe attic or crawl space.  I actually didn't even get the Mclaren until my daughter was outgrowing the infant seat.  As for the other questions, the BOB is extremely maneuverable, which is why it's so great.  I know some people whop use that exclusively.  My concern with not having the Mclaren is that the BOB is bulky and can be a pain to put in the car, travel with, etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bsweet9. Show Bsweet9's posts

Hey All

I have a Phil and Teds with Doubles kit, and an EasyWalker Duo.. both of which I love.  They manuever wonderfully, and the Easywalker has a bassinet feature for my younger, and he loves it.  The Easywalker is a side by side, but can fit through standard doorways no problem, and I really really can't say enough good things about this stroller.  I love the phil and Teds as well, it is great for quick trips, and even fully loaded you can maunever it with one hand. 
    The Easywalker is heavy though, that is my only complaint, and a minor one at that. 
    The Phil and Teds is pretty durable, I have had that for almost three years and it still holds up well.  I did pop a tire once, but that was an easy fix. 
    And I am sure I have errors galore... Sorry! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that no one has spoken about the Orbit.  This stroller/car seat system has been a dream for me, ESPECIALLY if you have back problems.  And $900 gets you the carseat, car base, stroller frame and diaper bag.  The bugaboo is $900 WITHOUT a carseat or base or diaper bag!  The oribt also evolves as your child gets older and travels like a dream (went to Dublin and got oohs and ahhs non stop)

The Orbit uses a round dock on the bottom of all of their products so everything locks together SUPER easy.  Getting the seat in and out of the car is a lifesaver with their docking system as it will rotate into place and save your back!!!!  They have a infant seat, baby bassinet, toddler car seat and stroller seat.  In early 2010 they are coming out with a new toddler stroller seat and stroller frame that has TONS of cool improvements and makes if MUCH BETTER THAN BUGABOO, no kidding.

The stroller is super easy to push, literally folds down with one hand which is incredible but true.  The handles adjust really high so if your hubby is tall, he will love it.  The diaper bag seems odd (its a pod!) but holds EVERYTHING and looks cool while doing it and attaches to the stroller frame.

The carseat is easy to carry as it has a smooth flexible handle like a basket!  You can get the bassinet and use it around the house as a moses basket which we did in my house until my son got too tall at around 6 months.  The bassinet also locks into a rocker so he's off the ground and can rock.

You MUST check out their website and then google orbit G2 on youtube to see the incredible new stroller seat they are coming out with.  No, I don't work for them; I'm just in love with their system.  I also have to mention that their customer service is best in the industry.  When I had a buckle crack on the bassinet (which was my fault), they couldn't get a replacement strap so they replaced the WHOLE ENTIRE bassinet for FREE!

www.orbitbaby.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

I have to admit that I didn't read everyone's posts but just thought I'd share my experience, to date -   DD is 9 weeks.  DH and I bought ourselves a BOB jogging stroller, and I LOVE it.  We walk daily and this is what I use.   We got the adapter for the infant seat and the Chicco ketfit sits nicely.   The big tires are great for all kinds of terrain so I never worry about where we go.    I also bought a Baby Trend brand, Snap n' Go.  I also LOVE this.   I use it when I run errands and need a few small items at Target and the grocery store.   It seems like so much to put the carrier on those huge carriages at Target.  I have a hard enough time pushing their carriages around the small isles, nevermind with the carrier in it.   Anyway, I think having a combination of different strollers for different situations is very common and seems to make sense for most people.   :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Sarah, Consumer Reports slammed the Orbit travel system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Yes, I know they did and WRONGLY so.  They even admited that they did not follow the directions when installing the base for the carseat.  They also admitted to using the wrong hight for the shoulder restraints.  Orbit was shocked (as was the rest of the Orbit world) and redid all the tests at the same lab and everything passed with FLYING COLORS.  Of course, the seat passed with no problems with Consumer Reports when they didn't use the base.

Consumer Reports, for one reason or another, will not redact their report, they only state that they "deviated" from the instructions in the manual.

Consumer Reports also got in big trouble in 2007 for GROSSLY reporting that 2 out of 12 car seats failed testing.  They had to print a major retraction on that one.  Matter of fact Consumer Reports has made lots of errors and many bleeive that there are under the table payments made by certain brands, the car seat debabcle seemed to confirm this too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Sarah, that's actually not true either.  Did you read the report or the follow-up?  CR still doesn't recommend the Orbit travel system and stands by their test results. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

FWIW, I actually stopped a woman in BabyGap not long ago b/c she had the Orbit (I'd only every seen it in "celebrity mom" features) and she said she wouldn't get it again -- said she found it heavy and that her daughter was small for her age. 

May not be true for everyone, but I thought I would just throw that out there. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clydebear. Show clydebear's posts

Just a quick note from a EXTEREMLY satisfied Orbit owner.   We have a 17 month old and have had the entire Orbit system since we brought our DD home and I have no doubt at all we made the right decision.  I LOVE everything about it and can not say enough about it and use it EVERYDAY.  I am not at all concerned about the consumer reports findings for several reasons first being their flawed testing.  I think how ALL Orbit does they design and make functional carseats and strollers and I think they got it right and the NTSB agree's.   We are expecting our second baby in May and it is working out we will not have to spend one dollar on any additonal gear for the new baby to get it around since our 17 month old is now in the toddler seat.  I know people who went with a bugagoo, then multiple car seats and have at this point spent more money than us and don't have nearly as good a product.  Last I am only 5'2" and do not find it at all bulky or awkward, we got a mcclaren stroller as a gift and NEVER use it as I find it does NOT fits in the car well... and both me and my husband have station wagons, nor do we find it all that easy to open and close hence it is in the basement collecting dust and I use the Orbit daily.  We do have a BOB revolution that we use to take long strolls and use when Maine on trails and places with no sidewalks as well as at the beach but for everyday function in and out of the car I don't think there is a better designed stroller out there than the Orbit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

I can't help but NOTICE that ORBIT owners have VERY SIMILAR writing styles.  ;) 

I can't remember who posted this originally -- did you come to any decisions on the Great Stroller Decision of 2009?  :) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3855648. Show user_3855648's posts

Try Isis Maternity for stroller info and any other info! I love this place!!! I bought a Bob from Magic Beans and they didn't know how to put on the infant car seat adapter. I went to Isis for their sale on maternity clothes this week and got to talking with the staff. They told me to bring in my Bob and adapter and they would put it on for me! NO CHARGE! Who does that?!?!?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgal8203. Show bgal8203's posts

We got a Graco travel system stroller/car seat combo for our first daughter (now almost 5) and continued to use it for our second.  We have taken it apple picking, beach walking, town walking, in the car, on the train, in the city, through the woods.  It's still going strong, although we don't use it that much anymore--our little one is almost 2-1/2.

I never considered any of the high-end brands; they were all way out of our price range.  We have been completely satisfied with our lowly little Graco, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Any opinions on this stroller? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800140
    My SIL had said a lot of her friends used it (they live in NYC). I was thinking of this one since I like to walk in our neighborhood where there are not a lot of sidewalks. We are already getting from my Brother/SIL the infant car seat that they used with my 1 yr old nephew that has a snap in stoller attachment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

GC 1016, I'm with you!

The Clydebear post cannot be serious. Maclaren didn't fit in the station wagon? Um ... not likely.