Strollers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Strollers

I'm in the market for an all-terrain stroller (or, pretty much all-terrain) with a swivel wheel that will fit in the trunk of my Civic.  I'd like something under $300, so I think that rules out the Bob.  Any other suggestions?  Baby is 5 months now and I'd like it to last a while.

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: Strollers

We have an older version of the InStep Safari http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/187-9384927-5763849?asin=B002QDOJE2&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B002QDOJE2&CPNG=baby&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B002QDOJE2&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001. It's awesome and we all love it. It folds down flat enough to fit into the trunk of our yaris. It's not super lightweight, but it's not hard to lift or wheel down the stairs with the kid in it. It's a pleasure to push. My stroller-averse daughter LOVES riding in it. She likes to put cheerios in the tray. It's easy to clean too -- every part of it comes off for washing. And the bottom pocket is seriously spacious -- you can fit a case of beer in it.

Save yourself a future headache and buy one of these sippy leashes at the same time: http://www.amazon.com/BooginHead-SippiGrip-Pink-Green-White/dp/B002YGSXF2/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1302115468&sr=1-3

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Poppy... am I thinking of someone else, or don't you have the Jeep all terrain 3-wheel stroller??  Could have sworn someone gave that to you as a gift.  Does it not fit in the trunk?  We have that as well and love it for all terrain (it pushes so easily) - but it is a bit heavy and large.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

IPW - Good memory, that is me!  I don't love it.  It has a fixed front wheel, instead of a swivel, so I find it difficult to navigate on our Somerville sidewalks, and it does not fit in my trunk.  I think we'll use it, but I would like something else that I can use when I am on my own with DD.  I still need to bring the Jeep to a bike shop to see if they can figure out why it veers to the left when I'm pushing it.  I'm avoiding using it for that reason, and using the snap-n-go for all walks is a bit of a drag.

Lemon - that stroller looks intriguing, as well as not too expensive.  Thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from betty7. Show betty7's posts

I know you said the BOB is out, but it really is awesome if you can swing it.  Maybe you could find a used one?  It folds up very easily and fits in the trunk of my civic with room to spare. I have the BOB revolution.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

I'm a BOB fanatic.  Have the single and the double. 
    You can get an older model (but brand new, just not the updated 2011 version) on babycatalog for under $300 right now according to this:
    http://baby-strollers.babycatalog.com/jogging-stroller-single/revolution-stroller/st07rev.html
    My single is from this site... reliable, free shipping, no tax. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

I have a Baby Jogger Citi Mini and we like it. Easy to maneuver around, lightweight and fits in the trunk.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3811161&searchURL=false

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

The citi mini is described as an "urban terrain" stroller and we found that to be accurate -- it didn't do well off-road. We tried it at the Decordova and the zoo and ended up having to trunk it and carry our daughter instead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Lemon - are the wheels rubber/inflatable on the safari?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Poppy, I have the Baby Trend Expedition, and though we haven't really used it outside yet, it seems pretty good.  DD is only 5 weeks but we bought an infant insert so we can use it when it warms up a bit.

It's pretty light and folds up really easily.  I'm almost positive it would fit in the trunk of a Civic, and mine was only $100 at Walmart.

http://www.babytrend.com/joggers_single/JG94720.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: Strollers:
    Lemon - are the wheels rubber/inflatable on the safari?
    Posted by poppy609

Ours are inflatable. I wouldn't get regular wheels for all terrain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

I have the city mini double and LOVE it!  Super light, my double stroller fits in my Altima with room to spare.  You could also look at the elite which has different wheels.  Highly recommend Baby Jogger!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

This baby trend stroller  looks so much like ours I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually the same stroller sold by different companies
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bab/2309989041.html

It doesn't have a tray,though. THe tray is key.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

By the way, we spent $50 on ours, and ours has a tray. Ours was older and dirty, though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

There -- brand new with tray
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend-Expedition-Jogger-Stroller-Phantom/15690996?findingMethod=rr

I actually like this one a lot more than the new instep -- ours has the bike-style wheels like this baby trend one. Those wheels on the new Instep looked cheap and flimsy.

I like shopping vicariously. Who else wants to buy something?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

ha, thanks Lemon, you're very thorough! I don't have to do anything!

p.s. I am sensing you're in a somewhat irritable mood today, based on some of your recent posts... is that correct?  :)  Hope everything's ok and you're just having an "I don't have patience for some people" day.  I have lots of those.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Oh, and I don't need to buy anything else at the moment, but I do need a good dentist.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Oh, and I don't need to buy anything else at the moment, but I do need a good dentist.
    Posted by poppy609

LOL

This post is SO timely because I literally just told DH 5 minutes ago that I wasn't sure if we should open the Jeep stroller because I might want to return it and invest in something more expensive.  I believe mine does have a swivel wheel though, so maybe it's not exactly the same stroller.  My car is bigger than a Civic (Altima), so maybe it'll be fine, but I just don't know!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I'm always irritable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Posted by poppy609

I enjoy Dr. Lally's office.  It's right on College Ave in Somerville.  I actually see Dr. Baker, but Dr. Lally seems very nice as well.
    My husband sees Sarah Richardson in Belmont and likes her a lot also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

I have a Phil&Teds sport and absolutely love it. I bought it used off craigslist. 3 inflated wheels, the front wheel swivels but can also be locked so you can jog with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Went to Target last night and the Baby Trend is on sale for $90.  I might get it!

ETA: Medford, thank you for the dentist info!! All near me, too!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Okay, so there's a trick to getting it into your trunk. I can't remember exactly how we do it, but there was some trial-and-error involved. I remember that we had to turn the swivel wheel flat and I think we angled it down so the big back wheels went in first and the plastic parts were sticking up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Poppy and IPW - How soon did you start using the Jeep stroller?? 
    DD is 2 months and we went for a walk with her in the car seat strapped to the stroller.  Her little head was bobbing around way too much for my liking.  I don't think I will try it again for a while.  Unless I didn't have it attached correctly?  It seemed like the car seat was tilted forward a bit, which was a problem on the slightest incline.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Fram - I remember using it in November of last year, so DS would have been under 2 months.  The bucket fits really snug, so perhaps you had it wrong.  The feet part of the bucket dips down and into the seat area (towards the handle bar), and then the bucket rests on the seat.  The "feet" of the bucket do not rest on the cup holder/tray (a common mistake I believe).  We went for a small hike then and we were on dirt road, and I don't recall a problem (other than the freak snow storm white out... but we were able to put up both sides and DS was none the wiser!

Sections
Shortcuts