Teething?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Teething?

DS got his bottom teeth 2 months ago with not really any signs of teething. He's 10months now and today he's been getting upset suddenly and chewing on his arm. I'm giving him all kinds of teethers but he's still chewing on his arm - enough that I can see the whole bite area turn red. Anyone else's LO chew on their arm when teething?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newcarsmelly. Show newcarsmelly's posts

Re: Teething?

My DD did not chew on her arm but her fingers - like crazy! To the point they were red and the webs between her fingers started to crack.
    the only thing that helped was cold wash cloths and motrin. poor babies - at least they don't remember!
    best of luck - hope it passes quickly!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

My DD did this for a bit, I can't remember which teeth she was cutting.  It was scary and we did google and found some kids do it to the point of bleeding.  For her, it was short lived and she tended to do it at or after dinner.  Hopefully, it will be short lived for your little guy too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Redsoxfan76. Show Redsoxfan76's posts

My DD had serious teething issues (still does - she is getting molars now, ugh). But never chewed on her arm. Did you try giving him baby ibuprophen? It helped us a LOT. Some people say to wet a washcloth and then freeze it. My DD didn't go in for that or many other common suggestions but if your DS wants something to chew on, maybe chewing on his arm is a way to have something softer than your average teether and he would like that?

Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

My DD never chewed on herself, but she chewed the sleeve of one of her shirts to the point of putting a hole in it. It was only the one time (I started pulling sleeves out of the way if I saw her gnawing on them) and she got through each bout of teething relatively fast, so we were lucky. But I agree with the other posters that baby tylenol, or baby ibuprofen is the way to go, especially at night. If there has been a lot of chewing/drooling/teething related activities during the day, give a dose of painkiller before bed, it can prevent some bad times. 
    I really resisted giving DD painkillers until it was obvious she needed them, but my MIL swore by "an ounce of prevention", and she was visiting during a round of teething, and she jumped right in with the baby tylenol, and DD was just so much calmer, I had to admit that a dose before bed was so much better than waiting until she was crying/miserable

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

It's the weirdest thing - it comes and goes rather quickly. So far, I have not had any nighttime disturbances, and I did get him to chew on some frozen tethers. No sign of these darn teeth yet!