This made me chuckle....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

This made me chuckle....

I had to go to a baby shower about an hour away last Saturday.  The shower started at 1 pm (i.e. the universal "naptime" for babies and toddlers).  DH is friends with the DH of the woman the shower was for, so I had asked him what his plans were--was he going to hang out w/his friend or stay home?  His response was that he'd really rather stay home and play video games all afternoon.  It took me a second to figure out what he meant, but then MY response was "Let me re-phrase that:  Do you want to stay here with the kids, or do you want to bring the kids with you to hang out with [your friend]?" 

DH is wonderful with the kids and certainly deserves an afternoon off, but I think it's funny that his image of how that day was going to be was the complete opposite of what I thought it was going to be!  Ultimately, not only did he get plenty of video game time in while the kids were napping, he got a nap too, so I don't feel too bad!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

Re: This made me chuckle....

LOL, I have had similar experiences with my DH... 15 minutes before I left for one yesterday, he asked if he was supposed to be coming with me...  He said, "Is X going to be there" (father to be)... I said, yea, but he's the dad and you have DD to deal with... got a few laughs with that at the actual shower, and mine both had nice naps before I got home too!  Our men, gotta love em

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

LOVE Dh stories!!!!  Mine is amazing with DD.   But I was going out Saturday night for a "girl's night" and he asks "Am I baby-sitting"?   Hahaha-- nope, when it's your own kid, it's not considered baby-sitting, hun!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Happy--LOL :)  I actually get annoyed when OTHER people refer to DH taking care of his own children as "babysitting."  It just seems to demean his role as their father somehow (these same people would never refer to ME taking care of the kids as babysitting, of course).  If someone asks if DH is babysitting I say "Nope, he's parenting." 

Next time, you should remind him that babysitters get paid :P

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

My DH calls it babysitting when he watches the twins and it drives me crazy! :)
    Loved your story Daisy,
    Also wanted to hi-jack and ask what kind of yogurt you buy for your babies.  I'd love to try some yogurt - maybe DS will like it.  He's good with all the fruits and veggies - even eats peas and green beans, just hates the cereal.
    and no, I haven't joined a MOT group yet.  Maybe someday - I just feel like I'm too busy to even think about going to an event.  I guess when I do have time, I like to see my friends and family instead. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Hey Lily,

Stonyfield Farms makes "yobaby" yogurt that is for babies 6 months +.  They also make "yokids" which is the next step.  My friend is a pediatric resident and said the reason they like it is b/c of the "milk-y" taste, so it's worth trying.  A 6 pack at Market Basket is about 3.50 or 3.70--can't remember.  It adds up, but it's good for them--lots of protein and calcium, plus the fruit, of course.

I haven't really been to any of my MOT group's events or meetings although they do have them.  I went to a kind of support group meeting one time but didn't really enjoy it, so I haven't been back.  And I've been to the tag sales, but that's open to the public, so not really the same.  The one thing that has been invaluable is they have an email list-serve thing--like this Board, but for mothers of twins.  There are so many things that are unique to twins, that it's nice to be able to get thoughts and opinions from others who have already been through it.  Anything from opinions on double strollers to whether or not to separate them in school or not.  And then, when the kids are a little older, I figure we'll get more involved with picnics and outings with the kids.  I really don't know what I would've done in a few cases if I hadn't had someone from the group to talk me down :)  Anyway, I really recommend it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

One of the guys I used to work with got ripped a new one for using the dreaded "babysitting" term, so would always leave on Daddy-Duty nights saying, "Good night!  I have to go love and nurture my progeny, see you tomorrow!" It never failed to crack me up. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

I've always hated it when I heard men say they were babysiting their own kids, so DH was warned NEVER to use that word.  So far, so good.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

Haha...my DH refers to weekends as "daddy daycare." It doesn't matter to me what he calls it -- he lets me sleep in!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Ah, DH's...I'm so glad DH is so good with DS, I need to start to plan more ladies nights out!

As for yogurt, we get a greek yogurt from Trader Joes. Greek yogurt, they say, has more protein. and this one is very yummy! DS loves it.  Whole foods has an organic, store brand, one that is also very good. We also do plain yogurt in our house.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

It's called Daddy time at our house - or Dad's in charge

I gave DD Stonyfield plain yogurt for a long time before switching to the Yo Baby stuff (there is quite a bit of sugar in it)  It was actually pretty hard to find plain, full fat, yogurt!

now, at 2, she eats what I eat (LOVE Greek Style Yogurt, Stoneyfield also has a brand of this plus there is another one available at 'regular' grocery stores

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Very funny story.  As for my DH, I get to sleep in on Sunday mornings as my one time to get some extra rest.  I take care of DS at night so it's great not having to leap out of bed on Sundays.

And for the yogurt, we love Wallaby which is organic and comes in great flavors, either low-fat or fat-free and best of all, no corn syrup.  You can get the big tubs too.  Whole Foods had them on sale this weekend.  I'm a bit warry of Stoneyfield.  I know their adult yogurt is good but the rest of their milk products are actually from Hood so I'm not too sure about the kids' stuff.  I really like this website: http://www.cornucopia.org/dairysurvey/index.html which has ratings on all the dairy brands.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

remember, for brain development, infants and children until they are 2 years of age need FAT!  not non-fat or low fat yogurt, cheese, milk, etc. - you should be feeding whole milk, regular (with all the fat) yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, etc. Then you can convert them to 2% and low fat (not non fat) at about 2 yrs of age.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I can see how the mesage boards would be helpful.  Probably why I come looking for you around here sometimes!
    I'm lucky that the nanny who came for the overnights when my kids were newborns is the mother of five - two of whom are twins.  I often send her a quick email with my "HELP ME" questions and she's a great font on information.

I'll put the yo-baby on the grocery list.  I bet DS will love it.  He likes most things that have a smooth texture - just isn't too happy about the cereals. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

On the sleeping-in subject my DH lets me go back to bed on Saturdays for 2-3 hours.. ahh the bliss of it all.

He never has to wake up for the middle of the night feedings 1. DD wont take a bottle and 2. it would take just as long to wake him up as it does to feed her and get her back to sleep! Plus he's up by 3-4am each morning anyway for work so sometimes I'm awake and nudging him when his alarm goes off.

Sections
Shortcuts