Upcoming Consignment/Tag Sales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Upcoming Consignment/Tag Sales

This came up on another thread, so I figured I'd start a new one so this info doesn't get buried elsewhere.

There are a number of organization-sponsored Tag Sales and Consignment sales coming up this spring.  I'll post what I know about Mother of Twins Club Sales, and hopefully others will post about their local mother's groups or other Consignment Sales so we'll have a fairly comprehensive, geographically diverse list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Re: Upcoming Consignment/Tag Sales

MOT Club Sales:

MMOTA-Founding
    April 9th
    Winchester High School
    opens to the public at 9:30 am - 1 pm. $1 admission.

The West Suburban Mothers of Multiples
    April 2nd
    Congregational Church of Needham
    1154 Great Plain Avenue
    Opens to the public at 10 am - 1 pm. $1 admission.
    NO STROLLERS ALLOWED.

North Suburban Parents of Multiples
    April 23rd
    9:30 am – 12:30 pm
    Americal Civic Center
    467 Main Street, Wakefield. $1 Admission.
    Note:  This sale is a bit different b/c each seller has her own table. If you're just interested in browsing, this is a great sale. If you have specific items you're looking for, it can be difficult.

Nashoba Valley Mothers of Multiples
    April 2, 2011
    10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
    Central Congregational Church
    1 Worthen St., Chelmsford
    Park and enter through rear-corner of Rte 4 and Fletcher St.
    $1 admission, under 14 free

South Shore MOT
    Emmanuel Episcopal Church
    519 Washington Street Braintree, MA 02184
    April 9, 2011
    9:00am – 12:00 Noon $1.00 Admission

There may be others, but those are the ones I know of at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I usally get to this one..

http://www.thechildrensclothesline.com/

ETA:  I think I have lost my mind, it was this past weekend so I guess I missed it, bummer, it is a good one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Seaside Mothers of Multiples
    St. Christine's
    1295 Main St.
    Marshfield, MA  02050
    April 2, 2011
    8 am - 12:30 pm

ETA:  I just saw this sale in the Boston Central listings for this week.  I've updated the info.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Newburyport Mother's Club Bi-Annual Consignment Sale:

Sat, 04/02/2011 - 8:00am

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Forgive my ignorance, but what sorts of items are likely to be found at these sales? Mainly clothes? Equipment? Toys? All of the above? And for what ages? Infants? Toddlers? Preschool?
    TIA for any additional information.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Amy, At the ones I have been to, you can bascially find anything for Toddlers and under.  Not sure about any older but I have never looked so there could be.  You can get great deals on strollers and other equipment for grandparents, even high chairs, exersaucers, shoes, bumbos, etc...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

The MOT sales have lots of clothes, toys, and other equipment.  They're great for strollers, pack 'n' plays, bouncy seats, toys, books, etc.  I buy almost all of my kids' clothes at my MOT club's sale.  Even my mother, who was a bit snobbish about second-hand stuff (even non-clothes stuff)initially is a total convert now that she's seen that the stuff I've gotten is very good quality.  She's even started going to the sales to get stuff for the kids to have at her house and for some of her great-nieces and nephews. 

I think most of these sales have fairly strict rules about not selling recalled items or broken items and items missing parts.  I know in order to be a seller at my club's sale, we have to sign a statement that we aren't selling anything recalled or broken.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Daisy is right.  There are strict guidelines (laws?) from the CPSC for reselling kids items.  I am in charge of kids items our Churches rummage sale.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Thanks Daisy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I've heard good things about this sale (I've never been) and just realized it's this weekend:

http://www.bellatreasuresevent.com/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

I have been to this one- just happened a few weeks ago (and only happens twice a year), but the quality has been pretty good.
    http://www.consignmycloset.com/ it is a little bit of a drive- but the freeways make it quicker

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

MOT sales are AWESOME!  Great deals on clothing and all kinds of kid gear!  I will be heading to my local one to stock up on stuff for DS!

Two more to add to the list:
    Westford Friends and Newcomers -
    Gently Used Clothing Sale
    April 30, 2011
    Abbot School Lawn, Westford
    as part of the Town Yard Sale

Chelmsford Mothers Club

Sale details:

*CMC Spring Kids Tag Sale *
    *Gently-Used Children's Clothing, *
    *Toys & Equipment*

Need a stroller? Children's clothes? Winter Coats? Books & Movies? High

Chair? Pack and Play? Kids Furniture? Toys & Games? Sporting Equipment? Maternity clothes? Nursery items? Look no further!

Join us for our Spring Kids Tag Sale!

**Saturday, April 9th**

**9:00 am-1:00 pm**

**McCarthy Middle School**

**250 North Road, Chelmsford **

I haven't been to this one, but I hear it's awesome... included the list from their ad to give ppl an idea of what's for sale at these things - I think this is a pretty indicative list

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Canuk - I had no idea Westford had one (or a town yard sale for that matter)...which is funny and kind of sad since I teach there at the school that it is going to be located at.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

and it is totally normal for non mothers of twins to go to mothers of twins sales?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Winter--ABSOLUTELY!  I would say most of the people that go don't have twins and the sales are geared toward anyone looking for kids' clothes, toys, and equipment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

That is great to know, I did not MOT sales were for all parents!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

LLL do you live out this way or just work out here?

Westford Town Wide Yard sale day is almost as awesome as one of these tag sales for picking up kid stuff on the cheap!  There are so many famiilies in town that most of the sales are full of kid stuff!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

It sounds really cool Canuk!  I used to live in Dracut but now I'm living in Melrose and working in Westford. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I just heard about a couple more:

This one looks like it has everything:
    http://www.lexfun.org/consignment-sale/

This one is just clothes:
    The International School of Boston will be holding a used kids clothingsale:

When: Saturday May 7th from 9:30am-3pm
    Where: Arlington Campus at 17 Irving Street - Arlington, MA.
    What: European and American name brands. Multi-season clothes and shoes from birth to pre-teen.