Warning on Creepy Door to Door Sales Person in Area

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Warning on Creepy Door to Door Sales Person in Area

Yikes, that does sound creepy.  You'd think if this girl truly was involved in a school system or even a children's publishing co. she'd have more sense than to try and push her way into people's homes!  Not to mention if she's trying to sell something.  Not a great way to do business.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

OMG.  We had a creepy girl come to the door in Worcester.  She went to my neighbors house who is elderly and was asking which houses on the street had kids in them.  My neighbor said she didn't know and then called the cops.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

I find door-to-door salespeople to be incredibly intrusive in general, but this girl sounds like she's going way too far. To attempt to PUSH your way into someone's home??

On a somewhat unrelated note, two Verizon reps went to my grandparents' house (my g-parents are quite elderly and unfortunately can become easily confused) and told them that Comcast would be tearing up their street so they wouldn't have service anymore and to avoid this, they *must* switch to Verizon. 

The men were speaking really aggressively to my g-father. DH and I happened to be there and DH ran out when he heard the loud voices and told them to get lost, but it was still disturbing and upsetting. I was thinking about elderly people who live alone trying to deal with aggressive, lying sales reps and how they could be taken advantage of, or allow unscrupulous people into their houses.

BTW, apparently the tearing up the street thing was a total lie because about 3 years later their street and Comcast service is still intact. They have since got a No Soliciting sign.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

I got one at my door today! At 8AM! We were all sleeping yesterday (which is rare) at 7:50 and my son came to my room and said someone knocked at the door.  When I looked out she was driving away.  Again today, she knocked twice, then rang the bell.  I said, "I was wondering who was ringing my bell at 8:00".  She told me she was a college intern and had just been sitting down to with my neighbors (and listed a few names), and didn't want to leave me out. lol She was showing educational materials that could help us all year and through the summer.

I told her I pay a lot to send my kids to private school and I wasn't interested in investing any more money in their education.  Then she asked what school, and threw out a name. I just told her the town.  THEN she said she still gets credit if she at least shows her stuff for less than 5 mins. to 30 families, so she took out this huge encyclopedia type of book and showed me a couple of pages and I told her I was really all set and she left and told me to have a nice day.  

So weird, and annoying.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

This is really creepy.  I just don't think door-to-door sales are as acceptable as they used to be...different world now.

I'm really glad I read this thread...I am going to put a no soliciting sign on my door before the baby is born.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

ML, are you comfortable sharing approximate towns?  I live nearish to Salem, for example, and am concerned b/c I have in-home daycare a couple days a week and am not sure how they would react to this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

GC, I grew up in your town :) - I live near Newburyport.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Really???  I didn't know that.

Thanks.  North Shore is kind of a broad area and I do get nervous when I hear about stuff like this.  [My pregnancy insomnia led to a lot of late-night "Criminal Minds" viewing on Ion (positively entertaining!) and now I am pretty much convinced that everyone is a serial killer.]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

Another tidbit...when I was telling my husband about this tonight, my son mentioned that the girl had an Ohio license plate; I didn't even notice!

Also, my husband said I should have asked her what college she attends. I didn't think of it until after she left, but I really just wanted to get rid of her anyway. 

(I am also near Newburyport)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I do not open the door to anyone I don't know. Ever.  I made the flower delivery guy leave some flowers on the stoop the other day.  I wasn't expecting them and I didn't recognize the florist truck. I'm sure he thought I was nuts, but I don't want anything bad to happen while I'm home alone with my kids.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

Michelle, what type/color of car does she drive, does your son remember? It'd be good to keep a 'look out' for it parked in the 'hood.

I live in Malden and yesterday my doorbell rang. I didn't go answer and I couldn't see who might be out there. I never saw anyone walking down the street or going to other doors in the neighborhood, so I'm not sure if it's related or not.

Sections
Shortcuts