WAY OT - VPL issue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

WAY OT - VPL issue

I have some new trousers that show bad VPL and I know my options are basically Spanx or a thong. I'm a big fan of Spanx, but mostly for special occasions. They aren't really comfortable for everyday wear. So I bought some thong underwear at Victoria's Secret and I hate them. They are so uncomfortable - like an all day wedgie.

Any recommendations for thongs that are more comfortable? I'm willing to pay $$$ as long as they don't drive me crazy all day.

Any other suggestions? Anyone have any luck with "boy shorts" or something? For most things my VS bikinis and briefs are fine - but I need something for trousers when those items don't work.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Re: WAY OT - VPL issue

Lily, more power to you for trying thongs.  I can't beleive I actually wore those in my early twenties!  I actually just bought these fantastic full coverage undies at Target of all places.  They claimed no VPL and no slip.  The inside edges have the tiniest bit of rubber along the lining, and they really don't slip!  I am wearing them right now with a fairly tight pair of yoga pants, and you absolutely cannot see a thing.  They are Gilligan and O'Mally brand. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

For thongs I like the stretch lace Barely Breezies from QVC.  Boy shorts give me panty lines across my thighs in fitted dress pants.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTMum. Show CTMum's posts

I personally wear VS thongs and love them.

But have a bunch of friends who have expressed similar sentiments to yours about VS thongs and they absolutely swear by Hanky Panky thongs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, I love my Hanky Panky ones, too!  Better than the qvc ones, actually, so I'm glad you mentioned them, CTM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Thanks everyone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I have been buying "Assets" and have been happy with them. They just need a very delicate wash cycle because they are almost like heavy panty-hose material and I've had some get runs/holes. But overall, I find them pretty comfortable.  Good luck!

ETA: Ok, just discovered it's a Spanx brand! Didn't know.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

B/C thongs are insanely uncomfortable.  I wore one 1x. I could not wait to get home to rip it off. Never wore it again.

There are ample frilly and sexy underthings out there that don't involve floss up your rear all day. I favor high cut boy shorts - but hangs out the bottom and looks dead sexy.  And I'm not de-wedging all day. 

If men want to see thongs, I suggest they try wearing one themselves 1 day.  You'll figure out in a hot second why some women don't like them.   

I agree w/ you that you should try to look good for your other half and compromise by wearing what they want to see you in - maybe that means donning the thong 5 minutes before getting into bed. But you should not have to subject yourself to a French maid costume under your clothes all day if you don't want to just b/c your spouse thinks its hot.  Put it on before bed. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Some-guy, I agree wives should make an effort to keep looking sexy and inviting to their husbands.  Not all women (even 20 somethings) can stand the feeling of thongs, though, even if they gave them a good, uh, college try years ago.  Good point, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Wearing a thong for recreational purposes and wearing a thong under your new pants at work are totally different balls of stringy wax.  I bet the thongs that these ladies are recommending as the most comfortable are also the least sexy thongs one could find.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

oh, and by the way, miss lily,  forgot to mention boy shorts w/ lace on the legs openinggives you full coverage w/ a comfy pair of underpants, and the lace provides a smooth transition so no VP. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lissa, they are less sexy than the Fredrick's of H strings, but Hanky Pankies live up to their name!!!  (blush)

Sections
Shortcuts