Well that's a FIRST!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

Well that's a FIRST!

Never underestimate the value of those pee-pee tee-pee's...though I've never used one. DS squirted directly into his own mouth (and all over his face) last night. It scared him so much that he started so scream! Poor guy...all we could do was stare at each other in amazement laughing hysterically. I've never gabbed for the wipes so quickly!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Re: Well that's a FIRST!

Yes, there is  pee pee tee pee.  I recieved one when a coworker found out I was expecting.  It's basically a triangular shaped cloth that I think you place over the pee pee while changing.  Since I have a DD, I haven't had the need for it.  But, I heard that you can also place a cloth diaper on the area while changing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

My sister simply used a wash cloth over my nephew.  She used one hand to take off the diaper and the other to put the wash cloth over the top.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I too used a wash cloth..by a few changes you figure out to be real quick. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Miss - my friends DS peed in HER mouth while she was goo-goo ga-ga-ing him while changing his diaper. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

I received a set of pee pee tee pees at my work shower and they had weiner dogs and hot dogs on them!  All my friends with boys say I probably won't use them because it is easier to just throw a wash cloth over it instead!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Ha! My DS did the same thing. Got himself right between the eyes. He was flailing around trying to figure out where the wetness was coming from. Priceless. :D

I typically threw an extra wipe over DS as we were changing and learned to be quick with the changes. I found that he usually ended up p-ing during a change with a po*py diaper. What a way to psych out mummy & daddy when they were preoccupied with bigger messes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

miss Jones - I'm literally crying from laughing so hard! Yes, I've heard about those tee pees, but we usually throw a wipe on that area when we're changing him. Like kiwigal, there have been a few times where I was preoccupied with bigger messes and saw the little stream, but usually it's gotten on the changing table pad and his lower extremities, not anyone's face or mouth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I have a friend who had two daughters and was expecting a son when my boy/girl twins were born.  I would tell her the stories of the amazing streams of pee that would come out of my son at inopportune moments while changing his diaper (like others, I quickly learned to "cover that thing up!").  She would off-handedly say things like "girls can get you too."  And, yes, of course, my daughter got me on occasion, but it was nothing like my son.  But, she was the more-experienced mother and she was having none of my insistence that boys have an amazing range with where they can aim their fountains of pee.  Knowing that she would find out for herself, and not "needing" to be right about it, I just shrugged off her denial that it could be that bad.  So...a few months later her son was born and she very quickly conceded that her "incidents" with her two daughters did nothing to prepare her for what her son was capable of.  I had my "told ya so" moment and it was all good :D

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bean78. Show bean78's posts

We had pee-pee tee-pees for our son; someone gave them to us. If you have never changed a boys diaper...just the change in air temp from having the diaper taken off makes them want to pee. Having a spare diaper or a washcloth ready to cover him up is highly recommended. :) I don't recommend the tee-pees as they are quite small and lightweight and the one time we tried them for kicks and giggles the darn think shot off like a rocket when my son let loose :) clean up and laughing ensued. Use a wash cloth instead!

Sections
Shortcuts