West Suburban Mother of Twins Tag Sale - FYI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

West Suburban Mother of Twins Tag Sale - FYI

Huge Children's Tag Sale -- The West Suburban Chapter of the Mass. Mothers of Twins Assoc invites you to their semi-annual Tag Sale on Saturday September 22 from 10-1 at the Congregational Church of Needham, 1154 Great Plain Avenue, Needham. Over 20,000 items for sale at super low prices, including gently used children's clothing, strollers, baby equipment, cribs, toys, books, DVDs & more! Cash only. For more information, visit www.wscmmota.org.

These sales are great!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Re: West Suburban Mother of Twins Tag Sale - FYI

Just trying to bump the post so you all see it. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

And Newburyport Mother's Club is having their consignment sale Saturday, September 29th:

Sat, 09/29/2012 - 8:00am Salvation Army 40 Water Street, Newburyport

The consignment sale is an organized, store-like environment where individuals sell and purchase gently used baby and kids clothing, toys, and baby gear. 70% of the proceeds go to the seller and 30% goes toward a community gift given in the NMC's name.

Items accepted/available for the Fall Sale:
    -Snowsuits
    -Fall/Winter Jackets and Rain Gear
    -Children's Shoes/Boots
    -Children's Fall/Winter Clothing
    -Layette
    -Toys
    -Strollers
    -Other baby gear
    -Maternity clothing
    -Books
    -Children's Videos
    -Games

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Misslily, I went to the site and can't figure out if twins means twins only or if they also cater to other multiples like triplets.  It's a long drive, but I'd go for my friend if it could be worth it.  Any insight?  They are looking at strollers, and they are super expensive new if they accommodate 3 or 4 kids.  Thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Kar - it's for all multiples (or non multiples), they have everything there, it's a great sale and worth the trip.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hey Kar, you should check craigslist because sometimes I see that type of a speciality item available when a daycare is closing down.

MissLily: Do they still charge you to get in?  Also what are clothing prices like?  I don't like to pay for (or sell secondhand things) for more that $1 a piece.  Haha... I'm so cheap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

There are definitely clothes for $1. 

And Kar - you might email here to ask about Triplet strollers. Sometimes they have them - we have triplet moms in the club and also LOTS of Moms with twins and other sibs.

tagsale@wscmmota.org

And yes - admissions is $1 for non-members.

Kar - One of my kids audiologists is a triplet mom. She says she often took them out in a double and a single once they were old enough for umbrella strollers. They were easier to get through regular doorways and people stared less! Obviously you need two adults to push - but I can't imagine you can get very far alone with 3 anyway! :) Just something your friend might want to think about and the perfect thing to buy second hand. I had 2 second hand umbrellas for my kids and I loved them - both for those few times I only had one with me - and also for speedy trips to the mall or something when I had DH or one of my parents. So much easier to manuver than my double stroller!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Just wanted to post for anyone in my neck of the woods.....

Fall 2012 Kids Tag Sale
    Saturday, September 22
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
    Half-Price Sale: 12:15 - 1:00 PM

McCarthy Middle School
    250 North Rd, Chelmsford

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks so much, everyone!  I'll check this stuff out.  The fly in the ointment re the strollers is that they not only have the 3 babies, but a toddler who also gets tired of walking and needs to ride.  Maybe it's a pipe dream that they'll all go out together before they can all walk anyway, and certainly not with just Mom...sigh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wish we could edit, but I wanted to add that they have thought about how a quad stroller is nearly impossible to manuever anywhere like doorways and kind of defeats the purpose of a stroller, to get around!  But, I was hoping mom could take the 4 of them by herself.  Pretty stupid, I guess, when I think about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

The Children's Closet sale in Taunton is next weekend - Saturday 29th 8-5 and Sunday 9-1. 

http://thechildrensclosetsale.webs.com/

Bostongirl suggested this sale last spring and I was able to get a lot of great stuff cheap.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming sale!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

It's probably just me, but I found going out with my two totally stressful for the longest time. Trying to get the double stroller into a bathroom for a diaper change was never easy. My DD used to get carsick which was such a nightmare. Trying to get two in and out of the car in the rain. The list goes on.Actually now that they are three it's still stressful, just in different ways. They are bigger and more fun, but also more trouble since they won't stay in a stroller - and sometimes not in a carriage without a lot of whining.

I found it much easier to hire a sitter and run to the store myself. Or shop when my husband was home on the weekends.

Best of luck to your friend. Her trips will bring her so much joy along with the trials!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, misslily.  I'm sure you're right, it will get better the older they get, but it's hard to imagine right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I wish I could edit - my last sentence should read "her triplets will give her so much joy...right now an actual trip (out)...not so much!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lol, I miss edit, too.  I  totally got what you meant, though. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Kar, this is a possibility, but it looks very "childcare-y" vs. "home stroller-y" http://www.bergdesign.net/quad.htm

It's a Runabout stroller, they come in triple and quads, they are all lined up in a row so that while it's very long, it fits through doors, etc.  I've used it at our childcare center and LOVED it - you do have to put the kids IN from front to back, then take them OUT from back to front.  if you take them out from the front to back, the stroller will start to tip backwards when there is only one child in the last seat.  FUN, let me tell ya!  For a family with 3 triplets and a toddler, it is a possibility.  Of course, one person can't let the kids OUT of this stroller to play because you can't possibly supervise 4 children at once.  Although right now, if the trips are sleeping, the older one coudl get out and play with one person playing with the toddler and keeping an eye on the sleeping babies that are close by. 

Sections
Shortcuts