what comes after the baby bjorn?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

what comes after the baby bjorn?

hi all - any recommendations for a carrier to use after your baby exceeds the size reccomended in baby bjorns?  (or do they stop making them b/c babies are too heavy?!)  tia!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: what comes after the baby bjorn?

OK, sorry up front for not being here to answer your question, but I just had to share that I read, "What happens after the baby is born?" when I first saw the thread.  I was thinking it sounds like feelings of being constantly overwhelmed if you go by recent threads.  LOL!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

hi, I had a bjorn with my first - I think I used it until 9 or 10 months, but it was a KILLER on my back.  I got an ergo this time and now that we are getting past the use of the infant insert (omg that insert almost soured me on the ergo!), I am loving it.  I know friends that have carried their babies in it past a year.  I'm maybe good with that for hikes and stuff, but my 1st daughter was walking at a year and just wanted to walk.  My daughter is 4 months now so we have a while to go before I'll know for sure, but already I'm liking the ergo better than the bjorn, even in the infant stages.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

We have an Ergo and I use it both with my 7 month old (who is 23lbs) and my almost 3 y.o. (who is about 29lbs).  It's awesome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good question Stefani.  I am nearly there too!  I love to carry her in the bjorn and she absolutely loves it.  Even though it can be back breaking I can't bring myself to put her in the carriage when she loves hanging in the bjorn so much .Every week we do a 2-3 mile walk a couple of times using the bjorn.  She is now 19 lbs.  The max weight on my bjorn says 26 lbs but my other bjorn says 33 lbs (which I can't even imagine).

May need to try out the ergo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I have this and I love it, as does my daughter. 
    http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/backpacks-carriers/smartsupport-backpack/smart-support-backpack-red.aspx

My husband, however, does not. He says it digs into his collarbones.  My theory is the thing is designed to balance the weight between your waist and your shoulders and his butt/hips are not as good as mine are at supporting the backpack. 
    I use it almost every day.  I prefer it to using a stroller because I can "off-road" and go walk on the beach and it's a great workout.  My daughter loves it.  I got mine from Amazon for less than $70.
    I will say I wish I'd shelled out the $200 for a Kelty.  http://www.kelty.com/p-383-fc-20.aspx?category=kids
    I tried one on when I was in REI and it was amazingly light and included a backpack section to carry things in.  If I had known I'd use mine every day I would have spent the money.  I wasn't sure, at the time of purchase, whether DD would love it/tolerate it.  I was worried about spending the money and not using it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carriefranf. Show carriefranf's posts

The Ergo!  My son is 3 and 33 pounds, and still loves it.  (This is possible because he rides on my back... it would not be possible on the front.)  My daughter is 20 lbs and is still quite comfortable in the front.  All the weight sits on your hips, not your shoulders.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

The ergo is great for inward-facing babies. I had a babytrekker and loved it. My friend has a lillebaby and I think it's similar. Both of those have outward-facing options (the babytrekker has outward-facing back carry, which we enjoyed). The bjorn is easy to use but kills your back and I never felt that my daughter was secure enough in it. I didn't always want her hanging off the front of me, either -- it was hard to get anything done. I was able to do yard work -- even strenuous stuff like planting a tree -- with her on back in the babytrekker.

I don't know what you do with twins, though. Maybe one on the front and one on the back? Or both in a duffel bag?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongirl88. Show bostongirl88's posts

I also have the Ergo and love it. My son is 10 months old, 20 lbs. It's perfect for his age/weight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

In Response to Re: what comes after the baby bjorn?:
    Or both in a duffel bag?
    Posted by lemonmelon

BAH HAHAHAHA!  That might result in a visit from DCFS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

DD really likes to be outward facing on front so she can see everything, so the Ergo is out for us right now (loved it, will use it again when DD is a little taller and can see over my shoulder). I've gone back to the Moby and it's still comfortable and works great for us. DD can be outward facing in front and see everything and I still have two hands free.

It's the same tie as newborn inward facing, very easy once you get the hang of it. If you go on you tube it will show you twin carries as well. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

My daughter likes to face out also and we went with the Lillebaby over the Ergo for this reason.  If you turned her in on the bjorn she had a fit, straining to see everything.  With the Lillebaby she can face out and is so happy.  And she feels much more secure with the back support.

Sections
Shortcuts