What is your kid's favorite teether?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

What is your kid's favorite teether?

Hi All!  I'm in search of a good (I know there's no perfect) teether for my almost 1 year old.  He only has 2 teeth so he's got a lot of teething to go.  I think he used to use his binky a lot for teething but that's going Bye-Bye.  We have Sophie, hard teethers, soft teethers, etc. He seems to favor biting on cymbals and other metal objects.  Anyone use a silver teether with any luck?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Re: What is your kid's favorite teether?

I think she liked this one when she was older like that.  We got it at CVS but I've seen it other places.
    http://www.mambaby.com/us/the-products/oral-care--teethers/teethers/mam-cooler-878-11146-us.html

I think it is a good one for when they can manipulate things because they can get the prongs where they want them.  I know that's not metal so it's not really what you're asking about!  How about wood?  We have some little wooden spoons (unvarnished, well sanded and used until soft) that she loved biting.  I felt like it was harder than most of the teethers, but not quite as potentially damaging to the existing teeth as metal.
    You do have to check the wood a lot because if it dries out pieces can chip off.  You can use food grade mineral oil to prevent drying.  They have it at home/kitchen stores.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I never even thought to try a silver teether!  I'll be curious if anyone reports experiences with them.  It's sad, but I can't even remember which ones Zoe liked.  I think it kept changing as she got older.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My BFF used frozen wash clothes. She always had a stash of them in the freezer to replace thawed ones. Her lo liked the texture, firmness, and the cold reduced swelling and pain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Ill second the frozen wash clothes. I remember someone telling me once that you have to be careful if the frozens teether break.  Also, what about a frozen mini bagel? 

I never had any luck with either kids and teethers.  DS only has two bottom teeth but is def going through some teething right now.  He is drooling so bad. 

I actually saw a baby chewing on one of the rings that you hook toys onto but I think it was a teether because he had little prongy things on it.   It was perfect becasue he could hold it just right.  Ill see if i can find a link for it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Here are few:
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifefactory-Sensory-Silicone-Teether-Spring/dp/B005OI8O88/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1344350449&sr=8-6&keywords=ring+teethers

I have these and did not even realize they were actual teethers although both my kids chewed on them. 

http://www.amazon.com/RJ-Quality-Products-Infantino-Ring-A-Links/dp/B008IT76AW/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1344350449&sr=8-12&keywords=ring+teethers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

DD seems to prefer my shirts for teethers. No matter what I give her she prefers to chew on my shoulders. :)

But this does seem to be a good one for her http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Touch-Softeens-Super-Teether/dp/B002WOP2IW/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1344352414&sr=8-25&keywords=teether and oddly enough an travel tooth brush holder is one of her favorites.

I haven't tried and silver ones beyond a kitchen spoon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

My twins loved their silver dumbbell rattles and teethed on them all the time.

Sections
Shortcuts