When did you "drop"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

When did you "drop"?

A pregnancy question that I'm asking of you moms on the other side...  I'm 34 weeks...is it possible I've dropped already?  I'm already carrying fairly low, but today I woke up and something is different...as I sit here at work, I can feel my belly resting on the top of my thighs, which as of yesterday, wasn't the case...  isn't 34 weeks too early to drop though??  I feel like that happens in the few weeks prior to delivery.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: When did you "drop"?

WebMD says it happens around week 36 - is it possible your date is off?  I don't know how big a window there is around what week it could happen...maybe the ladies here can shed light on that with their personal experiences. :)

Here's the Week 35 - 40 WebMD article that mentions "dropping."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Hey Sprout, the dropping should be more toward your cervix, I'm 35 weeks and we're now in the midst of the big weight gain, so that could be it too. I never noticed any dropping the 1st time around, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

I noticeably dropped around like 35 weeks.  I ended up being almost 2 weeks late though, so for me the fact that I dropped didn't mean that I was close to having the baby. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Hmm, good call - it could just be the period of baby growth that I'm noticing! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Sprout, I think I also dropped around 34 or 35 weeks.  All the sudden my clothes fit differently and everyone commented that I was carrying lower.  Everyone thought I would go before my due date, but no such luck!  I ended up being induced a week after.

However, when I was induced, the doctor said that since DD's head was so low already that I probably wouldn't have to push for long.  She was right -- only 20 minutes!  So if you're already noticing that you're dropping that could be a very good thing for you when you go into labor!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I never noticeably dropped. The day I went into labor at least 3 people told me I still had a ways to go since I hadn't dropped yet. 

I remember reading somewhere that it is possible not to drop until labor actually begins - which was apparently the case with me, at 39 weeks. :)

ETA: this isn't really an answer to your question, but thought I'd throw it out there... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I was going to say the same thing... Doesn't really help Sprout, but as an FYI.  I never dropped either.  I kinda sorta thought I did just based on the fact that I didn't have heartburn for at least a week before DD was born, but I didn't look any different and the OB said I didn't drop.

I don't think I was dilated enough for the OB to feel if the head was right there, BUT when I did go into labor (the next day!), they said the head was right there and ready to go.  So don't worry if you don't drop.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I never dropped but sounds like yours might have or else just shifted position, maybe turned to face forwards or backwards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I'm realizing it's probably just baby growth and/or shifting.  I did have some pressure down very, very low yesterday momentarily, so that was another reason.  But I do have a month left and probably a lot of growing left to do!

I seriously can't believe I'm already this far that I'm talking about dropping!!!  Ahhh! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Lil - I never "dropped", not so that I noticed!  Right up until I went into labor, my OB was telling me the baby had not dropped.  FWIW.  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I dropped a couple of weeks before I gave birth. I felt like I had a bowling ball between my thighs. I always had to pee, even right after I peed. Sometimes I peed without meaning too. Not even when I sneezed or coughed -- I'd just be standing there and pee would squirt out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Lemon, that's hysterical.  I have to say, I'm not too pleased with allergy season this year...lots of sneezing... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

It wasn't funny at the time. I carried spare underpants around with me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I don't think I ever dropped. 
    But of course people started telling me I looked like a dropped during my second trimester. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Lemon, my SIL took herself to the ER b/c she thought she was leaking amniotic fluid.  Nope, she was just kind of constantly peeing herself.  Poor thing. 

I never really dropped either, the last six weeks were like that.  My belly would be in a new & weird place daily, then throughout the day. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I don't think I ever stopped dropping

Sections
Shortcuts