winter boots for toddlers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

winter boots for toddlers?

Anyone have suggestions for good winter boots? Marshalls has some adorable Kamiks, and also decent-looking ones from Osh Kosh and Carter's. This will by my daughter's first WALKING winter, so I'm looking forward to lots of snow fun.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Re: winter boots for toddlers?

Target! We found these last year a little too late (since DS didn't start walking until Nov, and I didn't find these until Jan/feb (they had a ton of pink left)... but they're nice and soft around the ankle to make walking easy. I've been stalking target lately to grab them when they arrive.

We ended up spending $35 on stride right boots DS wore once!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Yeah, I definitely don't want to break the bank on boots. I know that she'll get very little wear out of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I really liked the Land's End Flurry boots.  If your child is a 5, 6, 7, 8 they have them in the overstocks for 14.99 otherwise they are 29.50.  Totally worth it especially when your kids want to put them on by themselves.  They also don't fall off easily.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Consignment sales too!  Got some great LL Bean boots last year for $8.  I think that whomever had them before wore them once at most.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Rysmom - Do you find that those boots fit true to size?  DD is wearing a 5 now (although there is a bit of extra space) so I'm wondering if I should just get her the 6 for winter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

They're not cheap, but I've been buying these LLBean, "Northwoods" boots every year since my kids were toddlers, and will get them for my 10 year old again this year.  They keep them quite dry, are easy to get on/off, and come with an extra liner so you can switch it back and forth.  
    (I didn't need the extra liner until they went to school and started playing the snow every single day, but it's awesome to have now).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

KT - I had them for my son last year.  He wore a 12.5 and I bought a 1.  They never fell off once.  I think I am going to try to see if he can wear them again this year.  They still look new too.  I figured going bigger would be okay since he could wear a couple of pairs of socks with them if needed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alyssa15. Show Alyssa15's posts

Hi,

My son is 14 months.  I was wondering about winter boots as well.
    He is a good walker but I thought he would have a difficult time walking in bulky heavy boots.  But then again he will be in the snow so he needs something.  Are there certain boots that are good for new walkers.. maybe more flexible and/or lighter?

Thanks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

I found boots on Amazon.  I had to look through several to see a size I needed, but it saved me from trolling the stores!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

What did you get? I want to live vicariously.
    This may all end up being a moot point for me, because my daughter seems to have developed an aversion to boots. I bought her what I think are super cute and comfy-looking boots, and she yells "NO BOOTS, MAMA! NO BOOTS!!!" every time I go near them. http://www.target.com/Girls-Circo-Freda-Suede-Boots/dp/B003DVB75K/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lemonmelon,
    Could it be the boots are too small/tight for your daughter? Are there something inside the boot - a label maybe - that irritates her? Maybe the stitching is a problem. Some companies use nylon thread, and those ends of the thread really hurts, if they are not cut off properly.
    Also, at some of those discount stores the sizing is not always what they say. The same pair can even have different sizing. Mabe if you let her pick some boot on her own, she would like to wear it. GL - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Nah, she's just going through an anti-boot phase. She's also anti-sweater, and it's the same sweater she's been wearing for a month now. I think it's just part of being a toddler.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Lemon - how old is your DD? My DD has decided that not only should she pick out her shoes (eaier now that she has outgrown a bunch, so she only has one pair to pick) but she wants to tell ME which shoes to wear. I went to put on my hiking boots the other day (It was raining, they are waterproof) and she went "NO SHOES! THIS!" pointing at my sneakers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

She'll be 2 in January. She hasn't started expressing clothing preferences yet -- except for not wanting to wear any at all. She's a naturalist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

My DD will be 2 next month. She is more into clothes than I am - She wants pretty socks. Like yours, she'd rather run around without anything on, but when she does deign to wear them, she is getting very independent about putting on her own clothes. When I try and help her it's "NO, MY turn!" and only if she gets stuck (typically both legs through the same pant leg or an arm through the neck hole) does it become "OK Mommy turn"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lemon, I hated boots as a toddler because they were heavy to lug around, and I had asthma that was yet undiagnosed.  My mom didn't realize that loading/bundling me up made it hard to function.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Did she start choosing clothing on her own, or did you ease her into it? If the latter, do you have some tips? When I've showed her the choices in the past she just says, "NO shirt, mama. No pants. NAKED!" and then it's harder to get clothing onto her because she thinks it's optional. Then I have to chase her around the house while she yells "NIPPLES! NIPPLES!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

AWESOME! Mine hasn't come up with nipples yet. Mainly No Pants! I'm sure she is going to swear one day at daycare, I've been trying to be better, but I am a major potty mouth. 
    I typically get one outfit out for her, but I am terrible about matching socks when doing laundry, so usually I am rooting around in the basket that I toss the clean socks in as I fold laundry, and she comes to "help" She can psychically predict the one sock that will not have a mate, and decide that is the prettiest sock she MUST wear. Occasionally she will resist the whole outfit, but more on the grounds of not wanting to wear anything at all. But she is big on accessories. She has a bunch of those plastic bead necklaces in her toys, and she will pick the one that best goes with her outfit. Then pitch a fit when we have to leave it at home to go to daycare.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Ha ha, we nursed for 19 months, so the kid knows from nipples.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

My daughter is 2.5 and still loves to be naked.  If she is wearing clothing it almost always has to be a dress.  She is forever taking her shoes and socks off in the playground.  She took her shoes off in Target today.  Thankfully the cart was stuck on one so I noticed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

She definitely got it from my husband -- he leaves a trail of clothing from the door to the kitchen when he gets home. I'm like Sam the Eagle -- I'd like to wear clothing under my cloathing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

Definitely check out a consignment shop. For this age, you can get some nice boots that are *barely* worn for a good price.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Since I can't seem to start a new discussion...Anyone have any ideas on where to find boy's size 2 cowboy boots before Friday?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

rysmom - amazon has cowboy socks for boys - free two day shipping with Amazon Prime!