working mothers groups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshine025. Show sunshine025's posts

working mothers groups

I have a 9 month old son, and have found returning to the workforce to be extremely difficult.
    It probably didn't help that as I was returning from maternity leave, I was starting a new position that was a big step up careerwise, but also a lot more demanding, and stressful.
    I have been searching for the past two months, for a working mothers playgroup north of Boston.
    (Tewksbury, Wilmington, Andover, North Reading, or Burlington area)
    Any type of weekend playgroups in the area?
    With the nicer weather, I have been taking DS to the park, but he seems a bit young to bond with any of the kids there.
    Any feedback much appreciated!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Re: working mothers groups

Sunshine, I know this isn't exactly the answer to your question and there are a few months of summer left before fall sessions start up, but there are some Music Together classes that are held on Saturdays, gym classes (local gymnastics and The Little Gym), and the Woburn Y also offers baby swim classes on the weekend. It might be a good way to meet other working parents.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from msol. Show msol's posts

Re: working mothers groups

I started my son at The Little Gym in Woburn when he was just about 9 months old and he really enjoyed it. The class is both music/singing and gym related and I think it really helped him with crawling and walking. We were unable to sign up last semester because the class was during nap time but I plan on signing him back up for another class in September.

You may want to check out Together in Motion in Arlington. They have open play during the week and weekend mornings.

http://www.togetherinmotion.com/kids.html