Kids Say the Cutest Things

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Re: Kids Say the Cutest Things

Well, mine are teens now, but when they were little, my older one was in the living room with the younger one (about 4 and 1 I think), while I was in the kitchen.  All of a sudden I heard a blood curdling scream from the younger one.  Run and she has teeth marks on her face.  I looked at the older one, said absolutely nothing, and she said "I didn't bite her".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liv22. Show Liv22's posts

So my other nephew is 2 and this year he understood the concept of trick-or-treating and was excited. At the 1st house the neighbor was apparently chatting for too long, so he said "excuse me, lady, do you have candy?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Re: Kids Say the Cutest Things.

Ash - we had the worst fight a few months ago about biting. My DD bit her brother in the tub. I saw her do it and he had the teeth marks right on his shoulder. DH pulled her out of the tub, dried her off and put her in her room immediately. She stood at the gate crying "I didn't bite him!" I went in and told her she had to say sorry. "But I didn't bite him!" "Yes, you did. I saw you." Finally through her tears she wailed, "DS is food!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Biting's the worst. The other day DS bit a boy in his class for cutting in front of him in line. When we got home, he was informed he'd lost tv priviledges.  He said, "But I said sorry! I said sorry to you and I said sorry to [kid in class]!"

Having to explain to him that sorry isn't enough sucked.  But he hasn't bitten anyone since, so lesson learned? Hopefully?  He remembered the incident well enough (and he should) to tell me out of the blue several times since, "We only bite food."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Yes, biting is a tough one.  Interestingly it was daycare that pretty much broke the biting habit.  She bit a kid at daycare over a toy (kid had the toy, by daughter wanted it, bit the kid, kid dropped the toy, my daughter got the toy).  Of course daycare provider was all over it, time out, can't have the toy, say sorry and that pretty much ended the biting thing.  She figured out other ways to get what she wanted :-).  She's a very together college sophomore now, if that helps!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

While driving by a resteraunt there was a sign out front promoting their SPECIAL "Twin Lobsters $19.99!".....my son asked,"How do they know they're twins?"...

Sections
Shortcuts