Preschoolers - September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Preschoolers - September Updates

Med, DD is afraid of certain images. She has a "Thing One" shirt she will not wear because it has a cute little monster on it. She was afraid of Fraggle Rock last we showed it to her (we own the box set). I think some kids might be more susceptible than others. For DD it's definitley the imagery right now, more than the content.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

My DD has trouble with sounds.  If the music gets foreboding at all she freaks out.  She also doesn't seem to mind when things LOOK scary, but if something roars or shrieks or makes a scary noise she gets scared.

Neither of us has a smartphone or an ipad or anything like that, so we can't even give her screen time unless we're home.  I put Sesamestreet.org on in the mornings for 10 minutes so I can comb her hair and braid it.  It's great because she can request a specific character she is in the mood for and I can click on a character and the site sets up a playlist of little mini-segments featuring that character.  On Saturdays we watch Sesame Street at 7AM.  WHen she stays with my MIL she watches at least 5 hours of TV, not counting stuff that my MIL leaves on "in the background" which "she doesn't even pay attention to." sigh. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

PS -- Thanks to my two beautiful daughters and the physical toll gestating and birthing them has taken on my body, I personally have also had one or two moments when I have stood in a room, surprised, thinking "I"M TINKLING!!!" haha. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

time for kegal exercises!  (is that how you spell it?)

Smile

Sections
Shortcuts