Storyland versus Santa's Village

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Storyland versus Santa's Village

Not sure if anyone's reading these pages anymore! I am thinking of going up to either SV or Storyland over Labor Day weekend with my kids (2 and almost 4) and my mom. Is one more geared toward littler ones? Both my kids are suspicious of rides. Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Re: Storyland versus Santa's Village

Hi Poppy, I'm still here!  

I've neve been to SV but we just got back from Storyland last weekend and it was so much fun.  My DDs are 4.5 and almost 2.  They actually liked the rides but there are so many things there geared towards little ones that it would be worth going even if you didn't do rides.  For example, there is a huge treehouse/playground area and tons of different animals to explore.  You can take a boat ride to Cinderella's castle (or walk there) and meet Cinderella and explore the castle. There are a lot of calm rides like a train that circles the park, a cinderella pumpkin coach, antique cars and tractors that the kids can "drive" etc., all of which aren't scary and definitely geared towards little ones.  There are a bunch of "magic mist" areas with cool air that both my girls loved, a few sandbox areas and tons of characters walking around.  We had a great time! One tip I will give is that they allow you to enter the park at 3:00 p.m. and pay the price of a full day admission and stay until closing at 6 and then you can come back the next day for free.  We did this and it was great because we did one day from 3:30-6 and then the next day from 9:30-2:30 and we felt like we saw most of the park without wiping out the kids by trying to fit it all into one day. Hope you guys have fun!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thanks, Rama! This is all great advice. I will report back what we end up doing!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

So close Poppy - I think we'll be at one of those parks during the week leading up to Labor Day weekend.  A couple of co-workers recommended Santa's Village over StoryLand.  I think they said there were more rides for little ones (my DD is 3 1/2).  However, how many rides do they really need?  DD is slightly into princesses these days, so we may go to SL anyway.  Haven't decided yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In response to framerican51008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So close Poppy - I think we'll be at one of those parks during the week leading up to Labor Day weekend.  A couple of co-workers recommended Santa's Village over StoryLand.  I think they said there were more rides for little ones (my DD is 3 1/2).  However, how many rides do they really need?  DD is slightly into princesses these days, so we may go to SL anyway.  Haven't decided yet.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Fram! If you end up there on Saturday of LD weekend, let me know! I would love to meet up. My daughter has been dying to play with a girl (so tired of her brother) and the few kids we know in the area just aren't around. We decided on Storyland, mostly because my mom found a hotel that will allow us to come just 1 night (most have 2 night minimums). Zoe is SO excited about the princess element. Have fun, wherever you end up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

I went to both a month ago, and while my DD is only 2, I can give some feedback.

Storyland is geared more toward younger kids, with the characters, lots of kiddie play areas and things just their size. There are decent amount of rides (none of which my DD would go on) and it was a good size park but not overwhelmingly big. It is slightly smaller than Santa's Village.

SV was larger, and seemed newer/ a bit nicer (fresher paint, flashier decor, etc). They have several live shows (songs, stories, etc) each day, too. They also have a water splash park included with regular admission.

In short, for smaller kids, I'd recommend StoryLand just because they'll recognize more characters and there's more things geared toward them. I think for toddlers and little kids, they don't really "get" Santa's Village because Christmas is only once a year, whereas fairytales and stories are popular 365 days a year :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Summer - that is all great advice. Thanks! Now I'm glad we decided on Storyland! Maybe do SV when they're older. I don't think either of my kids will go on a single ride, either. I guess we'll see! DD is very excited about seeing Cinderella and reminds me daily that she's "sad we aren't going TODAY." LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoyceD3. Show JoyceD3's posts

Hi Poppy,  Just read your post.  We've been to both a number of times.  Hands down I like SV better.  Cleaner, nicer looking, and they have a water park included in the ticket price.  The kids (currently 2 & 4) love the Elfabet game where they find Elves across the park, punch a card, and get a certificate and prize for its completion. Its a classy little park.  

The other point to consider is where you are staying.  We typically stay on the west side of Mt. Washington so SV is a much shorter drive.  If your in  the North Conway area then do Storyland now. Another trip, stay west of the mountain and do SV and add trip to Polly's Pancake Parlor in Suger Hill... yummmm.

Enjoy!