Where to go for lunch in Faneuil Hall ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from star9. Show star9's posts

Where to go for lunch in Faneuil Hall ??

My husband and I are taking our 3 & 4 year old grandchildren to Faneuil Hall this weekend.  Any suggestions on where to go for lunch?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Re: Where to go for lunch in Faneuil Hall ??

walk up and down the length of it and let them pick what they feel like.  You could even get them something like a piece of pizza and get yourself something fancier, if you felt like it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

I was going to say the noodle place at Quincy Market, Wagamama - enough sound and light stimulation for the kids and they can suck up noodles, which is always fun. However, just to warn you on this choice, the seating is long benches without backs, if that is an issue.

But Lissa is right - I'm sure they would far prefer seeing all the options in the glass cases and being allowed to choose their own, different lunch.

Make sure to visit the Chipyard after lunch for the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. It's in Quincy market on the "outside" on the left.

Have fun!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I love the idea of letting them walk up one side and down the other then going back to the spots they want.  However, my favorite place, fyi, is the soup one (can't remember the name), and I get the corn chowder in a bread bowl.  Yum!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you want a sit down restaurant, I love Durgin Park; it's right there just outside the hall.  Best prime rib on earth, good prices, and kid friendly.  Not sure if they are open at lunchtime, though...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

If you don't see them often, get the lowdown on favorite foods from their parents before you go. They might have a favorite that you can easily find/get, or they might ask for something tricky. If asked the open ended "what would you like to eat?" question my daughter (4) has several favorites, but once she has declared it, it is next to impossible to get her to pick a different choice. And while a bagel with cream cheese is easy to find, macaroni and cheese is slightly more tricky, and unless we are at home, finding a turkey, ham and american cheese sandwich that meets her expectations is surprisingly hard. (not too stuffed, no condiments, wheat bread, but no grains like oatmeal stuck to the outside of the crust). So I usually scope out what is available, then ask "would you like X or Y for lunch?" Works much better than her getting fixated on something impossible to find at the time.  But walking the aisle at Faneuil Hall is fun, so start there for sure. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Amy-lynn is right - find out what each child really likes so you have some idea of how/where to steer them once there.  Sounds like so much fun!

Sections
Shortcuts