Allergies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Allergies

I just called my OB and was told that it's ok to take either Claritin or Zyrtec for allergies - which are killing me right now! I am 11 weeks and already feel pretty lousy with MS and these allergies are just making me feel even worse. Anyone think one is better than the other or had any adverse side effects from either? I am hesitant to take anything but am desperate. Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: Allergies

I took Claritin from the 2nd trimester on. Not Claritin-D, just Claritin. I have bad dust/mold/pollen allergies. It helped, but you know, nothing really helps. I also had pregnancy rhinitis. http://www.babycenter.com/0_stuffy-nose-during-pregnancy_1076.bc
    I used Breathe Right Nasal Strips and slept propped up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I called the doctor yesterday about this and she said either benedryl or tylenol sinus.  She said as long as it did not have any alcohol or asprin it would be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Benedryl never worked for me -- it made my nose run like crazy. I took Sudafed PE when my sinuses really swelled up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I havent take benedryl in years so I have no idea what effect it will have on me.  I havent felt horrible so I have stayed away from any meds right now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

I was formerly a Claritin junkie until I started to use my neti pot for allergies instead of drugs...it helps immensely.  Maybe try that first?  (If it doesn't gross you out...)  You can practically feel the pollen rinsing out of your sinuses!  Doesn't help for itchy eyes and throat though...! 

(Sorry - I feel like I'm such a neti pot-pusher on these boards...but it's SO GREAT!) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

In Response to Re: Allergies:
    [QUOTE]I was formerly a Claritin junkie until I started to use my neti pot for allergies instead of drugs...it helps immensely.  Maybe try that first?  (If it doesn't gross you out...)  You can practically feel the pollen rinsing out of your sinuses!  Doesn't help for itchy eyes and throat though...!  (Sorry - I feel like I'm such a neti pot-pusher on these boards...but it's SO GREAT!) 
    Posted by LilSprout[/QUOTE]
    THANK YOU for the reminder about the neti-pot!  I am out of cash so I have been suffering with all this pollen.  I shall have to try my neti-pot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marriedmom. Show marriedmom's posts

I take a children's chewable Benadryl for allergies while nursing or pregnant. It's not perfect, but it is safe and it's strong enough to take the edge off of allergies, so I feel well enough to go on with my day.

Allergies stink, especially while you're pregnant. Feel better!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

I was surprised when my doctor told me I could take meds for allergies...I have only taken benedryl a couple times at bedtime.

I did start using a neti-pot last week and I love it!  I am still a bit congested but it gets better everytime I use it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Leila - If you use it about every other day, you'll feel a million times better.  I use it at night before bed (I do it in the shower - I shower before bed in the spring because I feel like I need to get the pollen out of my hair/skin before I get into bed so I don't breathe it in all night long!) Good luck! 

Sections
Shortcuts