April Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Re: April Pregnancy

Man so much to catch up on! April is only 2 days in and already 2 pages...I hate not being able to post from work...I read, but have to wait til I get home to post!

Liz- I have been having some similar feelings, at least as far as feeling anxious and sad sometimes. I think for me it's a combo of factors, most of which is probably hormone driven, though I do have a history of anxiety. I just worry about getting everything done in time, then of course L&D, and caring for a baby...and lately I get sad when I think about how much life with DH will change...I know it's all for the best and it will turn out great, but I don't adapt well to big life changes and so I'm having to take this one step at a time. The fact that we are only now about 10 weeks away from her arrival is making it more real.

Thanks to all for the input on the Bumbo. I think I'll end up taking it off our registry- like others said, why waste it or use it only for a few months. If we really want one when she's old enough, I'll find one somewhere!

And finally to clc- we plan on doing birth announcements. (at least I do, DH wouldn't care and I'll be in charge of them anyways haha). I plan on picking one out before she's born and printing out the mailing labels. After she's born I'll order them and mail them. I don't have a time frame for this, but I imagine it'll be within a month or so of her arrival.

ETA: Just had my 30 week appointment today (ok, 29w3d). I feel really discouraged about my weight...I was overweight to begin with (by about 20lbs). I've gained 22lb so far. The dr was not concerned and said I was ok, that maybe I'd have an extra 5lb to lose. I just feel like a cow...I know you're supposed to gain weight during pregnancy and I've never been skinny, ever....so why is this so hard on me? I suppose it just makes me more self conscious and lowers my self esteem even more...someone talk me down!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Also re: birth announcements - I plan on doing them (but am not nearly as organized as you guys - baby is due in a week and I definitely have not designed them, made a list of addresses, etc!). But just wanted to say that if you do Groupon/Living Social/etc, they sometimes run promotions for online printing sites like VistaPrint. I bought a deal a couple weeks ago - something like $10 for $40 worth of printing - knowing I'd want to have birth announcements made up. I'm sure that particular deal has now expired, but I've definitely seen others in the past.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Groupon regularly (not sure HOW regularly, though) has deals on Mixbook, Snapfish, and other photo sites, too. Keep an eye out!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I would highly recommend Mixbook.  I used them to create our wedding albums and loved how they came out.  I had purchased a groupon ($15 for $50 gc) last year.  I now get emails from them all the time.  If they have anything to do with birth announcements I will try to share.

Summer - We're in the same place with weight gain - I'm at 21 lbs as of my 29 week appointment.  I have another appointment on Friday so we'll see where I am then.  I was stressing out about weight gain for awhile but I think I'm finally coming to terms with it.  The way I look at it is that because my doctor isn't concerned I'm not going to be either.  I figure they know what's best and if there was a problem they would tell me.  I don't know if that helps you at all but that's how I'm getting over it.  Otherwise I'll obsess and at this point I just want to enjoy the last 10 weeks. I think I have enough to stress over between getting everything ready and organized and wrapping up things at work that I can't handle worrying about my weight gain too.  Hope this helps!  At least you're not alone :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

In Response to Re: April Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Liz - I don't post over here often but I wanted to share my experience. I took Zoloft throughout my pregnancy and throughout breastfeeding.  For b-feeding, I talked to our pediatrician and he was totally supportive.  I also talked to my OB when pregnant and she was supportive as well. It's a very individual decision.  I have other friends who went off for the pregnancy and back on as soon as the baby was born.  For me personally, I reviewed the risks and benefits, and I felt like it was the right decision.  I knew I was happier on it and could feel more at peace with myself and with the baby.  I also kept up counseling. It's more common than you think, and you're doing a great job getting help and being open about it.  Post away, and let us know how you are doing.
    Posted by medfordcc[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Medford. I was actually on Zoloft prior to pregnancy and have no problem going back on even if I am breast feeding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: April Pregnancy : Thank you, Medford. I was actually on Zoloft prior to pregnancy and have no problem going back on even if I am breast feeding.
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]
    I don't know how to send individual messages, but if you can figure it out, let me know if you ever want to talk!  Everybody makes their decisions about this in different ways, but for me I knew it was the best way to take care of our LO, both before and after she arrived.  I had a little guilt about it at first, but finding out how common it was from my OB (and our pediatrician) made me feel a lot better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Liz, I usualy dont post here either but I also wanted to let you know that I take Prozac and did during my whole second pregnancy.  I started taking it after a loss of pregnancy I had in April of 2010.   I remember after how crazy I felt. I remember going to my doctor with a million things wrong with me.  She just looked at me and said point blank "there is nothing wrong with you".  She said that she had known me since I was 16 yrs old, when you had zero responsibilities, lived at home and your mom did everything for you.  Now I approaching 30, married, had one child, owned a home, working mom, economy, yadda yadda yadda.  All the pressure women have sometimes makes it diffucult.   There tends to be a lot on your shoulders. 

With that said, there is a lot of responsibility becoming a parent, you will have a lot of on shoulders.  

Being able to talk about it will help. I remember how much better I felt even leaving the doctors office that day.  She reassured me I would be fine and many many mothers feel the same way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

It does help to talk, and I actually met with my OB, a therapist and a pyschiatrist today at BWH, because I felt like I had an emotional break down last night.

I was there for about 2 hours and they put me on a treatment plan. I am going to start my Zoloft again and go to therapy once a week. I am hoping this makes me feel back to myself again. All day today I had the urge to cry, it's a really horrible feeling.

Thank you for sharing your stories, it really helps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

summerbride - re: weight gain...  22 lbs doesn't sound like a lot to have gained...  my guess is you'll lose 15-20 lbs of baby/fluid from the birth alone (i only base that on me losing 30 lbs of baby/fluid (50%/50%)). i gained 80 lbs while PG, and i am still 20 lbs overweight with 17 month old twins at home.  talk about low self esteem - i feel pathetic around all my friends who are skinnier than ever after their pregnancies (ugh!).  i do NOT mean to sound negative and am hoping this advice helps - but for me it has been REALLY HARD to lose the weight and i really wish i had thought about this during pregnancy - so i think you've won half the battle already for being aware!  :)  GL.  eat fruit, veggies and "whole foods!" 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In response to "Re: April Pregnancy": [QUOTE]It does help to talk, and I actually met with my OB, a therapist and a pyschiatrist today at BWH, because I felt like I had an emotional break down last night. I was there for about 2 hours and they put me on a treatment plan. I am going to start my Zoloft again and go to therapy once a week. I am hoping this makes me feel back to myself again. All day today I had the urge to cry, it's a really horrible feeling. Thank you for sharing your stories, it really helps. Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE] Liz, I'm not pg, but when I was 14 I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, panic disorder, and a myriad of anxiety disorders. And they're so common. Over the years I've been on Paxil, Zoloft, depakote, Xanax...A lot of people are. It's great that they're starting a treatment plan because you're a step closer to feeling better. Never feel guilty about taking care of yourself! You'll show your kid that it's important and it'll make you an even better mom. Good luck with everything and I hope you start feeling better soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: April Pregnancy : Thank you, Medford. I was actually on Zoloft prior to pregnancy and have no problem going back on even if I am breast feeding.
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

Liz, I wasn't suggesting you not take it - I made the mistake of assuming that because you went off it when you got pregnant you had to and probably couldn't take it bf'ing, either, but if you can that's fabulous!!  I'm sorry you've had such a hard time without it and so happy to hear you're getting taken care of.  What a relief to know the worst of this will be behind you soon.  Hugs!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Liz, I can tell by how proactive you have been in addressing your problem head on and seeking help just how much you care for your baby already and want to do right by her. I think you are going to be a great mom and I am so glad you are on the path to recovery. Thanks for sharing your experience here; I am sure it will help more women than you may realize.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good morning,  I had some spotting this morning.  I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow.  Has anyone else had spotting this late in their pregnancy?  I did put in a call to my doctor's answering service this morning but the office didn't open until 9 so I'm patiently waiting for a call and freaking out a little.  It does seem that the spotting has stopped so hopefully it was nothing.  At this point I'm freaking out a little though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

clc, hopefully you've heard from your doctor or will soon...and this is such a personal question but I'm wondering if there were any...er, marital activities last night? ;) If so, that could possibly explain it. I'm sure it's nothing, but I understand feeling slightly freaked. GL and keep us posted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Tang, unfortunately no marital activities since Sunday and that just feels too long ago for spotting this morning.  I really didn't do anything out of the ordinary yesterday except vacuum last night (which is sad to admit that vacuuming is out of the ordinary for me)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

clc - I had spotting around 13 weeks. Started on a Tues night after "relations" on Sunday morning. I was told that it was completely normal for it to take that long to show up. I thought the same thing as you that it was too many days later for it to be connected.

Liz - I'm so happy that you are getting some treatment. I hope you are beginning to feel better. Like Rama mentioned, it's really wonderful that you are so proactive about this. I bet many women suffer in silence which benefits no one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Liz - Im glad to hear about your treatment plan...I hope you are feeling better soon!

CLC - That is scary...I hope it is nothing.  keep us updated.

AFM - 25 weeks today!  Should I start looking for a Pediatrician? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Just got the results for my SST. Less than 1 in 10,000 risk for downs & trisomy 18, 1/7000 for open ntd (not really sure what that is, but I'll take it!). Phew!

Clc - how is your spotting? Have you heard from the doctor? I hope everything is ok!

Pugs, congrats on making it to 25 weeks! Sorry no advice on the pediatrician. Am also interested when most people start looking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great report, cici!!  (ntd = neural tube defect like Spina Bifida)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Pugs - can't hurt to start looking!  When I was looking for a pedi when i was pregnant with DD#1 back in 2010, we found several pedi offices that held open houses once a month or so at night for new parents to be could meet the docs and ask questions.  Some smaller practices will let you come in for a visit before having the baby.  It's helpful to meet the doctor to get to know their personality and also to know what to expect over the first six months of the baby's life (ie vaccinations etc.).  Obviously go with a doc you are comfortable with, and remember that you can always change if after the baby arrives you feel differently about the doctor's approach.  I'd also factor in convenience considering you will be taking the baby to the pedi w/in a few days of being released from the hospital, at two weeks, at 4 weeks, at 8 weeks, at 4 months etc.  and possibly more if the baby has trouble gaining weight or any other (common) newborn issue.  Considering how often the baby needs to eat, the closer the doctor's office the better, IMO!!  Good luck!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Hi Liz,
    I've been following your posts but hadn't had the opportunity to reply.  I wanted to let you know it is good that you are being so self-aware and proactive and not just chalking these feelings up to "pregnancy hormones" as I think sometimes there can be the pressure out there to minimize how intense these feelings can be.  It is obvious how much you care about your and your baby's wellbeing and are a good self-advocate for support.  I had what later was identified as birth-related PTSD and PPD/PPA with my first child.  Getting support and understanding these feelings was so helpful.  I also happen to be a clinician.  At a recent prof development conference, I learned all about programs run by Jewish Family & Children's Services for new parents and for PPD/A prevention.  They serve a demographic different then I serve, so I hadn't been aware of their programs when I was going through it myself.  I was SO impressed with what they do.  I encourage you all in the greater Boston area to check out the community programs offered by JFCS Center for Early Relationship Support, particularly the Early Connections program.  They have parent support groups and PPD support groups around the Greater Boston Area.  Also of note is a particular support program they have for parents of preemies, Fragile Beginnings.  They also offer a "visiting moms" program for new parents who may not have a grandparent or supportive experienced parent available locally for support.  Check out www.jfcsboston.org and look under programs.  They also take donations of gear for anyone looking to donate some of their baby gear they will no longer need to these programs. 
    Liz, I wish you the best and being self-aware and a good self-advocate are great helpful factors!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

We started looking for a pedi several weeks ago (currently 30w). It was easy to find one- we are going with the office that is in the same building as my OB. I've heard good things about the office and the dr's have been practicing for a long time.

And now ladies, I'm into a panic mode...we had booked our wedding photographer to do some maternity photos for us at the end of April. Well today she informs me she is dissolving her business..so we are left stranded!! I've been scrambling to find a new photog, by googling and asking for recs from my FB friends...I've sent a few emails and made a few calls but now I'm so worried I won't be able to find someone to do them...it makes me want to cry- photos are very important to me and I don't know where else to look...does anyone have any suggestions?? We live NW of Boston and don't really want to travel very far for this...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

summer - half of my wedding photography team does family/pregnancy/newborn- Tara Morris- she is awesome and she travels.

Liz- also glad to hear that you have a plan. I had a girlfriend with similar issues during, but none after delivery. so there is plenty of hope.  keep us posted.

as for pedis- also look at their hours- and think about location with respect to your work/daycare as well (if you are going to go that route). although our pedi is about 15 minutes from our house, it is also directly off the freeway on my way to work, which makes it easier than another practice I looked at. And... look at hours. We have a large group- so they have evening hours every night, and Saturday hours.  they also respond to calls and have seen us on a Sunday in the office (and an office visit copay is SOOO different than an ER visit with a toddler). There is a call in hour in the AM as well, so that if there is a concern you can talk directly to a doctor, etc. sometimes it is frustrating to see so many different people, but convenience was key given DH and I both work.

AFM, i have been intermittently lurking at best lately- totally swamped at work and have had a long stream of out of town guests on the weekends. but we are now done with the guests for a while so the guest room is going! That means we can think about our daughters room (found out gender two weeks ago!) and moving DS up to the "big boy room" (which used to be our guest room). I am struggling with feminine but not pepto bismol balance with respect to the room, storage issues knowing we may/may not be done and now we will have both genders of stuff, and the fact I feel I am ignoring this pregnancy- consumed with DS, maintaining a relationship with DH who just started a second job, and my own work demands.  and I need a nap- for like a week, which I think will be allowed in about 18 years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats on your girl, Winter!  There are lots of pretty pink (or pink accented) things that don't look like a Pepto ad, lol. :)  There are a lot of feminine decors that aren't super pink on this site like "Flutter Flowers."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thank you all for your concern.  The baby and I are fine but we had a few fun filled hours at the hospital yesterday.  I got a call from the nurse at my OB's office yesterday morning and they decided to send me to Labor & Delivery.  It would have been nice is she had added "for some testing" but that was all she told me.  Allow panic to ensue...  they ended up doing a nonstress test and ultrasound.  Both showed that the baby was healthy and they couldn't find a reason for the bleeding.  The consensus was that I would be put on restricted activity for a few weeks.  But then my urine test came back with blood in it so they think instead that I have a very mild bladder infection.  I'm meeting with my OB tomorrow but happy to know that the bleeding had nothing to do with the baby!

Also, we got to see our little one for the first time since 18 weeks.  Right now the baby is measuring 3lbs 2 oz which is just so little.  I need the LO to stay inside for another few weeks so he or she can pack on the pounds!

Pugs - we got a list of pedi's from our OB and then looked into each practice to find the one that fit us best.  We then went and did an interview with one of their pedi's and really liked her and decided to stop looking.

Liz - I'm glad that you're getting the help you need now.  It's great that you recognized your need for help so early and I really hope your plan works for you.

Winter - congrats on the little girl! 

Sections
Shortcuts